GPX TSE250R 2T Enduro

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Glenn247

Glenn247 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Theoretically, using the GPX lowering link (1 inch) and the GPX Motard Wheel Kit (17 inch wheels), how low could a TSE seat height get?

Anyone made this setup a reality?

Would a different kickstand be needed?
    Navin likes this.
  2. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Kickstand for sure even with just the SM wheels. Having a few laying around I chopped a kickstand down to suit my motard set. I will try to get you some numbers soon.
  3. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I compared the GPX OEM SM set with included tires to my 18" E rear with a 4.60-18 Shinko 244 on it, the axle is 1.5" lower. The tiny stock CST knob I dont have on a wheel but that should be kinda close anyway, figure at least an inch lower. That shinko is pretty beefy.
  4. Glenn247

Glenn247 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So with the GPX one inch lowering link and a set of 17 inch street wheels, the TSE will be about 2-3 inches lower than stock seat height?
    Dirtleg and Navin like this.
  5. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems about right!
  6. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    And dont forget, for training purposes on easy terrain, you can remove all the preload on the spring and even run a strap (carefully) to act as a top out stop. I ran my Retro around like that for months. I think I could get it near 5" lower.
  7. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Found this on YT, these new gen bikes are looking sharp with black hubs and pegs.

Bitingdog, Jeremy K, Fallacy and 2 others like this.
  8. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That looks like a 2021.5 TSE. Maybe he has already modified a 2021 stock bike. Has a 2021.5 pipe. Has WP stickers on the forks. As far as I know the front forks are SZC. not WP. Also aftermarket graphics. Not original GPX. Also looks like aftermarket foot pegs.
    Bitingdog and Navin like this.
  9. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

I assumed it was a 2021.5 and that the formerly bronze parts were now black, but definitely new plastics/decals.
    Bitingdog and Fallacy like this.
  10. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2021. The wheels are black and the pegs are bronze. The picture on the GPX website of the 2021.5 shows the same. Looks to me like that dude tricked out a stock bike. Looks nice anyway. Except the graphics. Never understood why people sticker up bikes with free advertising of companies. No stickers/decals ever went on anything I owned unless the company gave me free products, discounts or money. Same with shirts and hats. Unless they where sponsoring me or gave them to me for free. Like my cool GPX hat and beanie from Gary.
    Bitingdog, GlennR and Navin like this.
  11. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't know if anyone has talked about this yet. And not sure if Gary likes me saying this. But he just told me a 300cc 2 stroke Enduro is probably coming in about a year. Also a 450 Rally type bike. Cool. I'd buy the 300 in a heartbeat.
    GlennR, Lutz and RebelYell like this.
  12. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hope they keep them affordable
    Glenn247 likes this.
  13. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

The 300 2T has been floated since day 1. Like the 65/85/105/125/150/250 "race" two strokes, GPX was waiting for better quality control on that front. The <150cc stuff is already in production but Gary wont bring out a bike thats not up to his standards under his name.
    Bitingdog and Fallacy like this.
  14. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday when I had the drz out for her maiden voyage In.pa met a bunch of guys on gas gases..complimented them,they said they were 10 years old n.paid like 5 grand for them..we were all like wtf happened 5 grand to as much as a small compact car just ridiculous..the drz wasn't cheap n if I didn't need to.be.legal I'd have something wawa lighter
  15. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The TSE is easy to make street legal. I'm doing it right now on mine. Already have it titled. All I have to do is add a horn. Which I ordered today off Amazon for $15. Already has a horn switch/button, lights, turn signals, brake light and mirrors.
  16. Sportsbud

Sportsbud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I get my 19' I plan on plating it as sometimes the only time you can ride is on public roads... also when i visit Silverton in CO it is nice to be able to give the bird to the local sheriff when he is handing out tickets for parking just off the main drag when stopping for a sandwich and a beer...
  17. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Trying to install an electric horn on my 2020 TSE250. There is already a switch/button on the handlebar. Anybody know of a existing connector on the wiring harness anywhere? Everybody at GPX is gone all week.
  18. nuggets

nuggets It's all my fault...

Oddometer:
    I passed inspection with a squeeze bulb horn on a 2 stroke dual sport once. So if you are just looking to pass inspection, then that could work. I found pulling the clutch in and going BRAAAP BRAAAAP to be more effective than a horn on the street.

It was this horn. MEEP MEEP!
    [​IMG]
    Navin and Bitingdog like this.
  19. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The State Trooper passed my bike this morning without the horn installed. So I don't really need to put it on. But I bought one and might as well try to install it. Can't find a connector for it.
  20. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I gave up trying to plate my TSE. The form requirements in Colorado are ridiculous. They don't recognize GPX Moto VIN numbers. They are no more than serial numbers to them. The process to get a State issued VIN# is so paper/forms intensive it's not worth it. I would have to submit something like 15 more different forms. Even the State Trooper said it's not worth it.
    The fine for riding on a public road without a license plate is cheaper and easier.
    Dirtleg and Navin like this.