GPX TSE250R 2T Enduro

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Sportsbud

Sportsbud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got mine with it already removed.... Curious will it affect the radiators at all? Thinking about putting it on and doing just this to always have oil with me...
    PowerSlidz likes this.
  2. North ride

North ride Long timer

Oddometer:
    s-l300 (2).jpg
    Dirtleg, Fallacy, Yinzer Moto and 2 others like this.
  3. PowerSlidz

PowerSlidz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WOW - some great suggestions Thanks to everyone!! Yea, seeing I'll have a tool kit regardless having some oil isn't going to be that big of a deal!

Anyone have a link to how the new ones ride/handle/run. 230cc sounds kind of small but had my but handled to my on a 85 KX250 too... This will prob be my only & last bike and no way to ride one...
  4. offroadtoys

offroadtoys Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lots of info on this thread if you haven’t spent time reviewing some of the early pages. Also if your on FB join the “TSE250R” and “GPX MOTO/PITSTER PRO” pages. Lots of reviews and info there too.
  5. PowerSlidz

PowerSlidz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks - I've maybe read 50 of the 400+ pages - mind getting gobbily-good trying to track model years and extract info that is germaine to me..
  6. Damifino

Damifino Damn if I know Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bitter, do you have your TSE property jetted for your altitude?

I have a 99 KDX 200 with an FMF Pipe and silencer, a cylinder that Jeff Fredette cleaned up the porting, jetted and running great. It’s no comparison to my TSE, the TSE has more power everywhere.

I’ve had a bunch of KTM 200’s over the years, the TSE has more power than the KTM everywhere except the over rev.

The TSE is so smooth in power delivery that it is deceiving, I’ve pulled hills that some of the guys I ride with had trouble with on KTM 250 four strokes
    Fallacy and Bitingdog like this.
  7. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The TSE is an excellent woods/trail bike. Most people will describe the TSE as a modern KDX. It's easy to ride and has smooth linear power. I live and ride at pretty high altitudes. So I'm still working on optimum jetting. Plus it's a brand new bike and seems to be getting a little faster the more miles I put on it. It only has 200 miles on it so far. The seat if fine for me, as I sit more than I should when riding trails. But it's no cushy touring seat. I haven't even tried the kickstarter. That's why I bought a bike with electric start. But it's nice to have one if I need it.
    I bought a Honda CR250 motocross bike, as well, to have something with lots of power. I rode it a couple times then sold it. I'm too old for a bike like that and probably would of ended up hurting myself. The TSE is plenty fast enough when it needs to be. For me anyway.
    Dirtleg, Bitingdog and PowerSlidz like this.
  8. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    100_1914 (1).JPG My 95 KDX was very fast. I don't think it was a stock motor. It had Moose Engineering etched on the cylinder. I also ran FMF Gnarly/Turbine Core on mine. I talked to Fredette several times. I was going to send the motor to him to go thru, rebuild and tell me if it was stock. But sold it first. I think it was a race bike at sometime in it's life.
    I regret selling it.
    Dirtleg, Bitingdog and PowerSlidz like this.
  9. Damifino

Damifino Damn if I know Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a bit of a longer inseam, I found the peg to seat on the TSE a little cramped and the seat was terrible, I installed a Husky tall seat, problem solved. IMG_6724.jpg
    Bitingdog and PowerSlidz like this.
  10. PowerSlidz

PowerSlidz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    saweet! Good point on smooth power can be deceitful. Is yours a newer one w/'stage 3' pipe & high-rpm CDI?

A smooth 2-stroke. Wonder how much is the flywheel. Always liked the idea Suzuki did w/GR650 - the flywheel disengaged at 3K RPM - wonder why this never caught on...
  11. PowerSlidz

PowerSlidz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sweet looking ride! Regret?
  12. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They are going up in value. You can still buy clapped out ones for cheap. But nice ones in my area are selling for a lot more than they use to. I sold mine for $2200. Paid $1400 for it. But, put about $600 worth of new stuff on it. Made a little money on it, which is hard to do with dirt bikes. It was a great bike. I just wanted something brand new.
    PowerSlidz likes this.
  13. Sportsbud

Sportsbud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wait kickstart on a TSE?
  14. Fallacy

Fallacy FFE inc. Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is an option.
    Dirtleg and Bitingdog like this.
  15. PowerSlidz

PowerSlidz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yea, and IMHO a very nice to have &, assuming it works well-enough - would be my primary way of starting. Something gratifying about kick-starting - again, assuming it works. w/a 6.5:1 compression ratio I imagine it wouldn't be too hard.
  16. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As far as I know. A kickstarter isn't an option. It's standard on 2021 and 2021.5 TSE's.
    There aren't any options on TSE's that I'm aware of. Except you can pay extra to have it shipped fully assembled and if you do you can choose to have them install the lighting kit or just number panels. I paid to have them ship my 2021 fully assembled with the all the lights installed. Paid $100 extra for that. Well worth it to me. They have since raised that fee to $200. If a kickstarter is an option. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want one.
    PowerSlidz likes this.
  17. PowerSlidz

PowerSlidz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great feedback - is the lighting kit included in the sticker? Yea, I could see even $200 being a steal for full assy - personally I love wrenching & would be loc-titing anyway...
  18. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lights are included at no extra charge. I did have a few loose bolts after riding it for a while. Lighting kit includes LED very bright headlight, tail light w/working brake light and front and rear turn signals. No horn, but comes with a switch on the handlebars and already wired to install one. I bought a cheap one on Amazon. Super easy to install.
    I wanted to put a license plate on mine. Had it certified as road worthy. BUT ! State Trooper that certified it said the factory VIN numbers on these bikes don't meet Federal Guidelines. They are considered just serial numbers, not VIN numbers. Therefore I would have to get a Colorado issued new VIN number to get a plate. The procedure here to do that is unbelievably difficult and not worth the hassle to me. State Trooper agreed. I know other people have plated their bikes in other states. Don't know how they did it.
    PowerSlidz likes this.
  19. PowerSlidz

PowerSlidz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great to know!! Does it come with a title?

I reckon so long you have insurance & a good story most cops would respect this. I wonder is GPX is aware of this & if there's an easy fix from their POV..

In SC there a way you can register as most anything as a 'kit' - guess they assign a VIN for you...maybe same in CO:
    https://www.milehicobraclub.com/licensing.php#:~:text=In addition to the information below, see our,Colorado Certified VIN Inspection form (Form DR 2704).
    Slower rider and GlennR like this.
  20. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No title. Certificate of Origin. It was a hassle here as well to get a title for mine. But I did get one, eventually. Cost me almost $400 freakin dollars to get one here in Colofornia.
    I appreciate the info. But there are several more forms and procedures required than what that website says. Believe me, I tried.
    GlennR and PowerSlidz like this.