GPX TSE250R 2T Enduro

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Dec 3, 2017.

1. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    It would be nice to have a list of which states are "Easy, Possible, or Impossible" for getting questionable bikes titled & plated.

NC was very easy for getting my PitsterPro LXR250f titled. It was also easy to get a KTM 300 plated here. (The LXR250f was a brand new 4 stroke and the KTM300 was a used 2 stroke, purchased from out-of-state. If any of that matters.)

A trick to get a bike titled in a "difficult" state is to get it titled in an "easy" state first, then transfer it into the difficult state later. That adds to the cost because you get taxed by each state.
    bergoff, Dirtleg and PowerSlidz like this.
  2. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gary is putting on a group GPX/Pitster camp/ride in Utah and Im doing the same on whatever Saturday of the week in April or May that he chooses, at Croom ORVP in Fla... a group in FB is trying to get one going in the center of the country. More to follow as it develops.
    Bitingdog and Fallacy like this.
  3. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gary set his ride dates n Utah at April 22-24 so our Florida ride at Croom will match it on Saturday, April 24 unless we get everyone to do it on Friday the 23rd?

Croom has a $15 per bike per day gate.
  4. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wish Gary and GPX would use something other than Facebook. I refuse to use that website. He needs to update the GPX website as well. It's got a lot of old info and doesn't look like it's been updated for years. He should use that for news and info.
    GlennR, crackerguy, Dirtleg and 2 others like this.
  5. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Im no fb fan myself but its where the action is. We might have a couple dozen reading these, IDK but our regular posting inmates isnt many. While that GPX fb group is 2300 members strong.

And the website sucks, but we still have each otter!

04E9677D-F49F-4538-AB9E-9EE86619AE4D.jpeg
    Fallacy, Dirtleg and Bitingdog like this.
  6. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The damn Nazi's banned me from Facebook. I didn't follow their "community standards".
    crackerguy, Dirtleg and Bitingdog like this.
  7. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Fakke noop time! :lol3

I will do my best to cross post stuff. A few guys might put another ride day together in different locations. Va and Th were banded about. Anyone wants to do that go for it!
    Fallacy, Dirtleg and Bitingdog like this.
  8. Damifino

Damifino Damn if I know Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’d be in for a Va ride, I’d almost want to make the trip to FLA and ride Croom, but is a pretty far drive for me in Maryland. Not impossible though.

I’d love to do the ride in Utah, but I’d have to ship my bike and fly
    GlennR, Fallacy and Navin like this.
  9. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I have been enjoying the 2021.5 GPX Moto TSE250R. It has done really well on Independence Trail in the boulder fields. The suspension is pretty dang good.

10. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great looking bike & one hell of a rider!!
    modette likes this.
  11. Bitter

Bitter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Independence Trail where? I see you're in Monument. I live nearby.
  12. Slower rider

Slower rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ? Dw-Rudder is he still racing his TSE in the GNCC or any other Hair Scramble and what mods has he done or is he Stone Stock ?
    Navin likes this.
  13. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

DW is prepping a FSE250S 21/18" for this year. The guy who bought his well prepped TSE seems very happy with it. IIRC he liked the standard CDI, maybe a later pipe and used a Lectron or that style carb.
    Fallacy and Bitingdog like this.
  14. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is the difference with the FSE S 21/18 ? Wouldn't that be an E ?
  15. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Its a $3100 bike based on a 85/100cc supermini frame with the 5 speed E engine. The E was/is a full size chassie and the newest model has the 6 speed engine with improved counter balancer and the 2021.5 big bike subframe, plastics and color changes on the bits such as the pegs n hubs.

So the S is a big honking 4T 2V engine in a minibike. A 16/19" wheel version is available for a few hundred less, wheel sizes of a KX100.
    Fallacy, Bt10 and Bitingdog like this.
  16. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    From DR,

Stock CDI. Milled head. Gen III PIpe. 34mm Lectron. 53t rear sprocket. 240cc piston. Zeetronic PV tuner. 100/100 IRC VE33 tire.
  17. Slower rider

Slower rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Must be nice to have a new ride each year just for the GNCC , hope he does well , keep up posted on his new mods for this new bike please?
    Bitingdog and Navin like this.
  18. Damifino

Damifino Damn if I know Supporter

Oddometer:
    *edited*
    I'm intrigued by the 240cc cylinder mentioned by Dwight, I see there is a DT230 available that has a 66.8mm bore, https://tunescoot.site/yamaha/dt-230/dt230-mt250-standard-crankshaft

I looked up the stock bore and stroke, 66.8 x 64 mm, so this is a standard kit.

Still wondering how he made it a 240cc and what were the cost and results? I'd love to know.
  19. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Maybe call GPX, this was posted by them awhile back.

TSE big bore? We have not personally tested this yet but according to the Brazilian importers this is the piston for a big bore option! Taking the bike from 224 to 240cc (bore only), We plan to get some and test ASAP, I'm sure others would like this info too! https://wossnerpistons.com/products/8070
    Part number... 8070D300 - PISTON SIZE: 68.94 // BORE SIZE: 69.00 $170.00
    We will also be looking for other sources for Piston options.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  20. Slower rider

Slower rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like that option , that power valve tuner what and how does it work and how much does one costs, could GPX program the bike before you pick one up ? And pay extra for the tunny ?