1. eNewsletter Sign Up

great african GS challenge

Discussion in 'Africa & Mid East' started by toucan, Jun 21, 2005.

1. michnus

michnus Lucky bastard Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stuck a HP2 sticker on my wifes Kawa 125KDX yesterday. You can not believe how my skill levels increased!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil :evil :huh

Now you tell me it is the indian and not the arrow?:confused :confused :dunno
  2. KiLeR_RSA

KiLeR_RSA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howzit LITO and others

Hope you guys enjoyed the challenge?! Been touring during the same timeframe with some friends for 7days through Baviaanskloof, Steytlerville and The Hell - what a ride .... Actuall met up with some guys on ADVs on the Swartberg pass (in pouring rain) - they were on their way to the challenge. Will post some pics soonest. LITO, how can I get in touch with you - PM a tel number plse.

Cheers
    Hein
  3. maverick

maverick Lost South-African..

Oddometer:
    Just go to worcester shell garage, his number is on the tiolet wall....think it was "phone LITO on 083124765 for good time" :D
  4. tehJok3r

tehJok3r GS1200

Oddometer:
    /me looks worried!

Come on Mav, Lito is a nice chap dont degrade the fellow. :deal
  5. tehJok3r

tehJok3r GS1200

Oddometer:
    Thanks man - I am gonna get me a HP sticker right away........
  6. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Chris :thumb , no worries - cos Mav is just a frilly little dress trying to talk tuff.

You see, in his wildest dreams, it might be me, but it was actually Meraai with her two missing front teeth who was giving him the low down in the loo when he was last on tour here....................

:D
  7. HappyGoLucky

Oddometer:
    hmmm confuzdecated are you?

but you are right. imagine is everything. thirst is nothing. drink sprite. or ride a GS stickered Kavakaki.

:evil
  8. HappyGoLucky

Oddometer:
    OH! you mean like this? heheheheheheheh jes kidding - I wont say who this is hey Joker?:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. tehJok3r

tehJok3r GS1200

Oddometer:
    It's me practising my 1st sand experience on the 1200GS So learning is always great for me and I always have lots to learn.
  10. maverick

Oddometer:
    Geez talk about brother hood :huh Ag sorry Joka it was just a little grappie ne. Lito if you see Meraai again tell her she owes me the change she was going to get for my twenty, never saw her after that :patch

Why does Laurel and Hardy come to mind in this pic :D

[​IMG]
  11. HappyGoLucky

Oddometer:
    hehe you crazy bastidges, loveyaall.

This is the coolest thing about the internet, julle kan so bietkie kak byt with your chinas and meraai's and they still ask you go to go and get them change.... hahahahahahah

Chris, I think you did great on your first try inthe sand, it was hot and heavy work huh? That will teach you to wear your inner liner on the nice fancy BM jacket in the future!

hehe Summer is here boyz.................

YEEHAWWWWWWWWWwww

ps: today I went to pick up a scooter for this guy here at work, who was a bit scared. It was a 125cc EuroJet, bought for R10K brand new from Harley CT. I walked into the dealership and laughed at everybody (honest).

The guys would bang up the noise and then nearly fall down when they put their bikes on the side stands. I laughed so hard. I was definately not buying into the pseudo harley cool... for sure. In fact, the guy was at a loss for words cos he couldnt believe I was laughing at him and all the other stoopid bastidges there. Honestly - you could see his mouth hanging open not knowing what to say!

Which is sad, cos one of the first things I remember about bikers was a guy on a real Harley (back in the early 80's) who was riding and waved to me as a kid when I was travelling in my dads car. I thought he was so cool.

These days, how many ways can you spell POSER???????
  12. KiLeR_RSA

KiLeR_RSA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A pic of my 'GS' challenge - Baviaanskloof

[​IMG]
    If you try real hard you can get the KLR to lift its front wheel - it comes as a surprise however
    [​IMG]

Cheers
    Hein
  13. maverick

Oddometer:
    :cry :cry :cry I want my mommy :deal Winter is aproaching rapidly here dude and to say the least you can easily spot the saffas as they are the people with the long miserable faces walking about London :huh
  14. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    Heh, Heh Jo,burg is hitting 32C in the shade today Pretoria 36C, I shalll think of you when I have cold cold Castle Draught at lunch time, especially at R9 a pint (500ml) = 80 british pence I reckon. Its such a tough life, no British women wrapped up in jerseys and raincoats, just good home grown South African boobies on display.

naughty old Welshman
  15. HappyGoLucky

Oddometer:
    I is are can like to be a Seth Efreekin, with runts.

mmmm BOOBIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  16. maverick

Oddometer:
    You okes make me so blerrie de moer in now, the best thing to do is to lose me out before i clap you flat :fight

Hey guys at the end of the day UK ain't that bad and hopefully I can retire a smidge earlier than you fellas and ride around with my bike before I am to old :gerg

Living here does however mean making sacrifices that no money can replace i.e. family :bueller

Either way it still nice to know that the KTM guy here phones me every week to find out when am I coming around to test drive the latest bike :pot I do miss the heat though and it just started pissing down outside :bluduh Great news since my rain suit is at home and it's only 27 miles filtering through traffic on my Yamaha XT which acts more like a jet ski than a bike in the wet :deal
  17. HappyGoLucky

Oddometer:
    SERVES YOU RIGHT :thumb
  18. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    How come we use this thread, it must be across thread somewhere in its history.

a) Kindly ignore everything after a) the Cold Cold castle draught was excellent.
    b) The excellent homegrowns on sight at lunch could not be ignored but could get me banned here.
    c) My marriage / family is probably only intact because inlaws on both sides are that side of the pond (Wales and Germany).
    e) Me got KTM importer 1 mile frome house, he don,t even talk to me, never mind phoning.
    d) Big fat Welshman doesn,t need a rain suit, not this year anyway its as dry as ... I will think of something comparable.

Ah well better pack up and wait in the pub for the traffic to die down, not so many conscientious (big word that) traffic orificers here.

WELSHMAN
  19. HappyGoLucky

Oddometer:
    agreed