Great Day In Tuscany

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by bout2ride, Sep 8, 2019.

1. bout2ride

bout2ride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Took a ride today to Montalcino, there was a "honey" festival and it was the last day. I was 1 1/2 hours away and rode 90% secondary, curvy roads. Temperature was low 60s when I left and 75 when I returned mid afternoon. there was rain but all of it was ahead of me, I only encountered wet pavement. so without further ado;
    Fabulous day…..Left @ 10am for honey festival Montalcino, arrived 11:30 after 90% secondary roads and curvy. Temps 60-75 all day with brisk breeze. Didn’t know I had to walk thru town over 1/3 mile! May be on pain pills tonight. 3/4 way there took a break for lunch, restaurant had tables around a tree covered park with fountain,
    Tuscan wild pig with Brunello wine on the side, extremely yummy! (Fennels, black peppercorn) even without the honey festival it was worth the walk!
    After walking another 300 yards or so up the cobblestone street I got to the entrance to festival. Only 12 tents and 6 were for honey and the others bee keeping supplies.
    Tuscan countryside
    On the return within 5 minutes of apt I saw a pheasant run to the middle of the road and stop, looked at me coming on fast and then took to flight, we saw eye to eye (his was pretty big at the time) and I ducked down to the left and lowered my head, his feather clipped the windshield and brushed my helmet…..I think we both thought, "holy shit”! Bad news, if he had hit me in the face and I would have probably wrecked the bike but then the good news would be, pheasant for dinner!
    :dukegirl
    Mr Head likes this.
  2. bout2ride

bout2ride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    photos did not post for some reason, so

View of the countryside from Montalcino

fullsizeoutput_1c8.jpeg
    Tuscan wild pig
    fullsizeoutput_1cb.jpeg
    The honey festival inside the walls
    fullsizeoutput_1cf.jpeg

The few tents

fullsizeoutput_1d0.jpeg
    NSFW, Cameleer, Mr Head and 1 other person like this.