Great motorcycling compliments

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by AzB, Sep 22, 2008.

1. AzB

AzB Fattest thin man

Oddometer:
    Not stuff like: "Nice bike!" from the guy at the gas station, but more like "Nice bike!" as you're sitting on the side of the road with the tank off and the carb in your hands.

My favorite:

"You sure were hauling ass when I passed you back there."

Az
  2. Wreckster

Wreckster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "you are F***ing nuts!"

:D get that once in a while on those cold cold mornings. Nobody likes to ride in 15%f? :wink:
  3. Tall_Canuck

Tall_Canuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A 7 or 8 year old kid walks by with his mom while I am putting on my helmet.

"NICE BEEMER"! the kid says.
    "Ooooo, a BMW" the mom coos.

I smile because I ride an old 87 RT and have never had anyone say that before. :lol3
  4. Yad

Yad yet another dave

Oddometer:
    I got the "Cute bike" from a Harley rider. I was about to be offended for my masculinity, but I was riding a Kawasaki W650, which IS kind of cute, actually. I let it go.
  5. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    One of my favorite is how fast can it go
    [​IMG]
    try to explain to someone that isn’t what you are trying to do
  6. bimmerx2

bimmerx2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Grizzled looking guy rode up on the other side of the building on a very chromed out Harley, full pirate gear, open pipes (yeah, he was hard to miss). I was off the GS stretching my legs when he came out the door on my side of the building for a smoke and immediately comes out with "Wow, THAT'S a motorcycle!". He slapped me a high-five and gave the bike good look while taking his smoke.

Not at all what I expected.
  7. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    Or when someone says that they should take the group on the "easy trail" because some one showed up with a “big red pig”:evil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. AzB

AzB Fattest thin man

Oddometer:
    I got that from Bubba Blackwell one time. I wish I had the pics.

Az
  9. odiestien

odiestien Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sitting wait for the ferry I watched as other riders flocked to park near the GSA. 2008 red GSA with less then 700 miles on it. Plenty of room down the road to park by other bikes but after I parked off by myself riders would drive by, turn around and drive against traffic to pull up and park next to the GSA. Cruisers, sports bikes, tourers, mopeds, and of course not ONE BMW I saw parked farther then 20 feet from me. And at least 2/3 of them asked questions and made comments about the bike. One guy walking by had to stop and touch the bike like he thought he was seeing things. Just the end of the handle bars. That was a little strange, but none the less entertaining. Just lastnight I had a sports bike rider from down the street walk by and yell "Love your bike" on his way home.
  10. Inane Cathode

Inane Cathode Cheated Anion

Oddometer:
    "Wow is that a vision? i really wanted one in 84 but i got a seca instead, i hated that bike"

:D
  11. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    I was riding a K100RS4V up 395 in CA one day. Saw a hog up ahead so I wicked it up to 100 or so to pass him - just for kicks. About 5 miles later I pulled into a gas station to fill up. He pulled into the same gas station a couple of minutes later: "What kind of exhaust do you have? I didn't even hear you when you passed me." :lol3
  12. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    Another one:

Gearing up on the ferry before the boat docked and chatting with a guy on a dresser next to me: "I've never ridden a BMW before, I hear those are the Cadillac of motorcycles."
  13. Elmer

Elmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Parked my bike in large, Wash DC lot that has a motorcycle row, with 200 other bikes, taking off my gear...an older, attractive woman is walking by, I'm thinking fairly oblivious to the parking lot activities. She looks at my bike, flashes a beautiful smile to me and says only "Ducati" with an Italian accent, gives a second look and continues on up the sidewalk smiling.
  14. blammo

blammo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yelled out of a car to me, while pushing my bike to a gas station:

"What kind of mileage does that thing get?"
  15. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Went to BBB in Fayetteville AR. Someone has to represent BMW there:evil.

Filling up in gas station with a bunch of fancy paint chromed out customs and several attractive young women walked past them to look at my bike, and talk to me about it. One to them said, "I did not know BMW made bikes, when did they start that?"

Of course I had not removed my helmet yet and they did not know what I looked like. It was nice while it lasted.

This year I am leaving the helmet ON

Rod
  16. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie GS Boxers forever.......

Oddometer:
    Stopped at a Ace Hardwear-Kroeger in Durango, CO about 1 year ago in a BMW Santiago suit with a Colorado state flag on the sleeve. A gorgeous 35-40 y/o gal, dressed to the T walks by and says, "Somebody is having fun". I replied, "Let's Go!". She stopped and smiled, looked me in the eye and said, "Only if it's a BMW".

I said, "It's a Boxer!!!!!". (drool) :tb

Then she walked away.......I think she was with her husband.

I thought, "what a grossenberg von hunde scheize!":yum
  17. Sir Not Appearing

Sir Not Appearing That's no ordinary rabbit

Oddometer:
    "Triumph? Who makes that?" Seriously. Many, many times I've been asked that one.
  18. RobTheRigger

RobTheRigger Killing threads here since 2008

Oddometer:
    Used to get lots of suprised looks and compliments from big, bad gnarly 1%ers over kicking my '72 Ironhead. For those who don't know, this bike had a 1000cc engine with unholy compression, that could throw BIG guys over the bars (It had apehangers and a coffin tank to boot...).
  19. AlsoRan

AlsoRan PNF

Oddometer:
    "I don't see how you can ride that thing." ...someone I let ride one of my bikes once said after complaining that the bars are too far forward, suspension too stiff, seat too hard and powerband too pipey etc., etc.
  20. krellheat

krellheat Milk Crate Challenged

Oddometer:
    An oldie that has been said a few time I heard it today at work when I rode in by a guy who drives a BMW cage.

"BMW makes motorcycles? Since when?"