Great motorcycling compliments

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by AzB, Sep 22, 2008.

1. lemieuxmc

lemieuxmc Banned

Oddometer:
    Lucky for you he wasn't on a Ural!

Those guys hate DR650's... faster on the street, more capable off road, mount up a Velorex and it's still thousands of dollars less expensive than that Patrol he just bought.

Of course people who don't know better, won't know better.

ADVISORY WARNING!
    This is a sarcastic post.
  2. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was just playing with ya DAKEZ! :freaky

I don't hate any particular type of bike either...except those da..........

Nobody compliments anyone on an XR. They tend to step away.:lol3
  3. der_saeufer

der_saeufer ?איפה בירה

Oddometer:
    They're not excited by the bike; it's hard to get excited about a V-Strom. It's the 40¢ tolls that they want!

(I used to live about 500 yards into Revere from East Boston and often worked in Southie. I'm still jealous of you orange Fast Lane people. Also I miss parking my GPz750 turbo on the sidewalk.)
  4. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    So, what kind of metric cruiser do you ride?:rofl

In my opinion, if you want to ride a cruiser, it should be a Harley, not some lame stylistic clone. Say like this.
    [​IMG]

Sorry I gored your ox. But only a little.....
  5. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    I was coming out of a near perfect 2nd gear right hander , rolling on the throttle with the Strom still on the edge of the tire, getting a little wheelspin and a little extra rotation. As I exit the corner I notice a yard full of kids had stopped playing their football game and were going apeshit fist-pumping and yelling watching me. That was pretty cool...
  6. ShardPhoenix

ShardPhoenix Наглый ублюдок

Oddometer:

7. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    "You ride that motorcycle like a god and I can tell looking at you that penis is enormous"......

Must've told myself that 100 times today while riding to work:rofl
  8. bumblebee1

bumblebee1 All bikes are dirt bikes

Oddometer:
    Matches your sig. :lol3
  9. KWayne406

KWayne406 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Went to a local bike night riding my 1977 Honda CB400f, following a brand new HD E glide. A crowd walked over to look at the little Honda. The new HD hardley got a glance. Damn that made my day.
  10. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    OT but I don't have a company car because Commercial vehicles pay a lot more for insurance in Boston and a $4.50 toll in the TWT. I go through it over 200 times a year, so that added up!

I'm amazed by the number of riders who don't have a toll device.
  11. bbagwell

bbagwell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had my TW 200 on a trailer (I know lame) and we were stuck in traffic on the freeway. There was a pick up and trailer next to us with a few trials bikes. I was checking out their trials bikes and the guy driving told his buddies "Hey check out what this guy has".
  12. Frostback

Frostback Frostback

Oddometer:
    An adult friend asked heR 15-year old son what he thought about my bike (R12GS) to which he said " It's Sick". Before I could get offended she translated that that was high praise indeed.

New vocabulary to me.

Lee
  13. ggrimes2

ggrimes2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Let's get this post back on track..... If you ride the lurkers here should be happy, I ride a KTM, Moto Guzzi and a BMW making me the rider of probably two of the ulgiest bikes on the planet. The third gets more compliemnts and gawks than almost anything else.

Short Sunday ride we pulled in the local watering hole for burger and beer. There's about 40 Harley's and maybe 10 other cruisers in the lot. I pulled in on the Guzzi and about 10 people came out from the patio area just to see what was making the rumble (03 LeMans with FMF cans) one of the girls looks and said "that is the most beautiful bike I've ever seen"

Couple of the hardcore types told me that is what a motorcycle should look like. Got lots of respect, everyone asked before getting close or asked before sitting on the bike. They kept going inside to get their buds to come out and check it out. I almost need a bigger helmet for my head!!!

The final straw is one of my friends on his Screaming Eagle Ultra with more accessories, chrome, lights, sink, porta-potty and 35K price is being totally ignored because it hardly looks different than the rest of the cruisers in the lot.

Let's quit the bashing and get back on track:evil

If you think the WeeStrom is boring don't tell that to the girl I met halfway between Fairbanks and the Prudoe Bay she was covered in mud, dust and grass and was grinning like a fool having the time of her life. Boring bike? maybe, but sure looked like she did not care:clap
  14. zDollar Bill

zDollar Bill Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat

Oddometer:
    I parked my cbr600f3 outside the local Honda dealer. When I came out this guy is looking over my bike, said his kid had a sportbike but "this is what a motorcycle is suppose to look like".
    It is used alot and it shows.
  15. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was getting off at the coffe shop after riding through some snow and rain on a dirt road when a mid 40s guy walks up and says, "we were following you and my mom said, oh my god, he's riding a motorcycle!"
  16. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sitting at a Cross Roads lookin' for a sign
    My lame cruiser took me to Alaska last summer. Where did you go?:D
  17. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good for you. Just think how much better it would have been on a proper bike.

:hide
  18. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sitting at a Cross Roads lookin' for a sign
    So where did YOU go? This site is called Adventure RIDER, (ride the world) not adventure bike (ride the keyboard).
    :lol3

30 days, 12,000 miles. One broken exhaust (fixt), one broken drive shaft (fixt), one shattered headlamp bucket (McGuyver repair), one flat tire (on the Cassiar), (fixt), one broken speedo cable (honest officer). 30 days of shit eatin' grins (except for that one night when I slept at an abandoned gas station in Jade City, population 34). (SaaaaaaLute).
  19. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    This year due to work and time constraints I was limited to WA, OR, ID & MT.

WoW I guess I nailed it with the proper bike thing. Glad you persevered and had a good trip.

I spent a couple days broke down in Fort Nelson back in the mid 80’s Good times.
  20. pfloydgad

pfloydgad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I get compliments every now and then, mostly because I keep a pretty clean bike.
    A couple summers ago I was parked in front of a local Dairy that serves lunches and dinners.
    A young family came out and the 2 young boys, probably 6 & 8 yrs, headed straight for me and my Connie.
    The Mom grabbed them both and directed them both toward their van, but what she did to Dad was just wrong.
    As he came my way, she snapped her fingers and did that low throat grawl
    " uuhh-uuhh".
    He stopped dead in his tracks, looked at me, then her, then me, and then headed back toward the van.
    As he approached her she put up her index finger and did the "No Way" wiggle side to side.
    He got in the van, I looked over his way and she was directing him to look forward and not at me.
    All I could do was shake my head, and be glad that my wife has never pulled that stunt with me.
    Like I told her on our very first date 31 yrs ago, when she asked me why I had a bike. "Because my bike never complains about me wanting to ride her long and hard". :D
    Ride afe all, and please, ATGATT.
    Greg