Great Pacific Divide route

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Migolito, May 3, 2020.

1. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
  2. Bayner

Bayner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some entertainment from these boys on the route:

cyclopathic likes this.
  3. Migolito

Oddometer:
    Good vids, but, was looking for some greater details.
  4. lvscrvs

lvscrvs Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. Migolito

Oddometer:
    Great PACIFIC Divide route, NOT the Continental Divide Route. I've ordered the GPS tracks and the maps for this. I think I'll do this in late August/early Sept and then down the Idaha BDR, NVBDR and slab back home to SCal.

Doesn't seem like a lot of folks have done this route...I'll post up.
  6. Motophycomaniac

Motophycomaniac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This may be was was called the Pacific Crest quest created by some inmates on here.
  7. thirsty 1

thirsty 1 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been eyeing this myself. Please put up some pics and route conditions if you end up heading out!
    Migolito likes this.
  8. thirsty 1

thirsty 1 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. Migolito

Oddometer:
    Ive done a little bit the the SCal sections during the NooBs Rally in March. Right about now though, it's really toooo hot to ride the SCal section.
  10. McLaughc

McLaughc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m hoping to start this trail at the end of June. I’m considering starting south and heading up to beat some of the high temperatures in July.
  11. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not familiar with this. Fleecer ridge is in Montana on the CDT. The PCT doesn't touch Montana. I'm interested in its name, does it divide the Pacific, is it a submarine route?
  12. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    You sound like you haven’t actually looked at the route in the link.

I’m pretty sure that GPSKevin who put this route together is not the same as who did the vid, so if the vid has mistakes I wouldn’t hold GPSKevin responsible. BTW, I’ve followed his CDR tracks and they are well done.
    ibgary likes this.
  13. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree, they're well done. Starting the Wyoming to Mt part next week. I was just poking fun at the name, "Pacific Divide". 736423284.jpg
  14. Blaise W

Blaise W Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Planning on doing this in 2020, and getting there via the CDR, so a giant loop. I live in Tucson so will head east to connect with the CDR in northern NM, up to Canada border, over and down the Cascades. Light bikes for us and expect about a five week ride. With the small bikes we can pick and choose harder or easier routes.
  15. r'elise me

r'elise me Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Curious about this route myself. Me and a couple buddies are planning to ride from LA to TAT/Oregon to CO through the Rockies then loop back on another trail that I need to devise still. Anyone is welcome to join us, but not noobs or unproven bikes please (just for schedule maintenance).

In devising the LA to TAT route I thought PDT could be a good option. Anyone have thoughts/ideas?

I did the PCQ from Tecate to Yosemite area a few years back in July and it was lots of fun even if we had to reconstruct it somewhat due to new gates. It's western Sierra stuff - gentle. I have those tracks if you need em, but not sure if they're still good. As said here already, it will be very hot except at altitude, but don't let that stop you.

Does anyone know if the PCQ and PDT are the same pretty much? Seems like they would be but I don't have PDT tracks. OP, if you can send me the image of the map or the tracks for PDT I can verify. If they're the same, then there's good info on Advrider for you. If I like them, I'll send a check to GPSKevin.
    Square1 likes this.
  16. DARKRYDER

DARKRYDER NoNoob

Oddometer:
    This route looks epic, I’ve ridden GPSKevin’s Baja and CDT routes on my old 990R and they were both challenging and amazing. Would be nice maiden trip on the 1290 SAR with a mix of lodging and camping. Going to dig into this one a little deeper and maybe order the tracks from Kevin
  17. bmgyver

bmgyver Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

• All.gpx
      File size:
      115.6 KB
      Views:
  18. bmgyver

bmgyver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just about anything you are looking for is available on gpsxchange in countdowns library
    DARKRYDER likes this.
  19. McLaughc

McLaughc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just finished this route today. I ran the route backwards to try and avoid the heat.

it was a great trip taking 22 days because I rode down the pacific coast highways and returned home doing the same.
    thirsty 1, 75bronco and DARKRYDER like this.
  20. DARKRYDER

DARKRYDER NoNoob

Oddometer:
    Nice! What was your general route and how many miles were you averaging per day? Did you mostly camp or also motel in towns? Did you ride from border to border and any tips for other riders planning to do this ride? Any impasses or closures?

I’m planning to ride from the Bay Area down to the Mexican border the scenic way and then up north the entire GPSKevin PDR to the Canada border and back down to the Bay Area along the scenic backcountry roads and trails as much as possible. Departing 9/5 and returning 9/26 if anyone wants to join. I’m on a 1290 SAR, will be doing mostly blue routes.