Greater Twincities Photo Tag!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by lonerockz, Apr 29, 2009.

1. zDollar Bill

zDollar Bill Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat

Oddometer:
    I waved at a blue Goldwing in Viroqua, then thought it might have been you. For some reason I have no phone service near Spring Green and Leland so I couldn't check in or post. Oh well, it was good day for a ride.
  2. SGrider

SGrider This space for rent Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cell service it terrible in that area, I had a hell of a time posting the drive in theater tag that I used on the same day I picked up the FLW vistor center. I tried to do it in downtown Spring Green in the middle of a car show and couldn't, so when I stopped for fuel I tried again and was able but it was really slow.
    zDollar Bill likes this.
  3. pmd

pmd Long timer

Oddometer:
    That probably was me in Viroqua. I saw a lot of riders out enjoying a very fine day. That was my third ride chasing tags on Hwy 14 this year. The new tag, as you can tell from the terrain, is not in that direction.
    zDollar Bill likes this.
  4. LSGiant

LSGiant Long timer

Oddometer:
    How about a hint would love to at least get one before I head south for the winter.
  5. rsvern

rsvern Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fair warning. Don't sleep in if you figure it out before tomorrow morning! Don't want you getting mad if a virgin beats you. I've got a good idea, just can't go until tomorrow. I was just looking for somewhere to get coffee or breakfast in the area I'm thinking it's at.
  6. pmd

pmd Long timer

Oddometer:
    I found it by looking at events of 1862.
  7. LSGiant

LSGiant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go get it. I am going to SD in the morning.
  8. rsvern

rsvern Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20191019_081514.jpg Got one! Milford Monument about 7 miles north west of New Ulm on 29.

Gonna find a coffee in New Ulm before I post a new tag. Weather isn't bad but suddenly I'm cold messing with my phone here
    dtysdalx2, barnyard and LSGiant like this.
  9. rsvern

rsvern Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Little late. Got to chatting with a group of locals about bikes at the coffee shop.
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20191009165606263_COVER.jpg
  10. pmd

pmd Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. pmd

pmd Long timer

Oddometer:
    Clue please. My googling of a white house behind a tree has not been fruitful.
  12. rsvern

rsvern Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry. I was afraid of that. I was trying to get the sign leaned against the steps to show through the rear rack when zoomed in but the Pixel 3a's camera just wasn't up to it. Here's a wider angle so you can see it's up on a river bluff and is historical to the lumber industry. I have one more angle that would make it an easy GnG (google and get) I'll post if needed. I'll try to improve my pictures going forward. IMG_20191009_165638.jpg
  13. rsvern

rsvern Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll call this a bad choice of initial photo (too hard). The clue is valid, and it's not Stillwater, but it's too cold to keep people running around the river bluffs. In the interests of not slowing this down more given the short amount of riding left, here's the one that should nail it down to whoever wants to google it and ride out there. I think I have some better ideas to scout out this weekend for next time. A good tag new tag photo is clearly as important/hard a part of this game then finding the current one. 00000IMG_00000_BURST20191009165308342_COVER.jpg
  14. SGrider

SGrider This space for rent Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had already figured out where it was, just won't have time until the weekend to get it.
  15. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Knowledge is horsepower

Oddometer:
    I founded it. But I'm probably done for the season. Turned into a fair weather rider. :fpalm

Sad really. :nah