Greater Twincities Photo Tag!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by lonerockz, Apr 29, 2009.

1. rsvern

rsvern Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just curious, in general is it considered OK to go on a long ride and collect a couple tags for future use or are you expected to get a tag, then go to the next one you plan to post? I had always assumed the former and reading back messages about the "missing tank" would seem to confirm that. Otherwise I might have to plan for a much longer ride since I may (or may not) have some things from opposite directions.

I was looking for a reason to test my (new to me) heated vest. I've never wanted to screw around with cords but now I think I'm more unhappy being cold! Not sure I want to test with actual snow falling though. Maybe.....
  2. Babbitt

Babbitt Vermin wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have always believed that the current tag needs to be captured live but that new tags can be from old trips. YMMV
    barnyard likes this.
  3. AWolff

AWolff AWolff Supporter

Oddometer:
    How are you going to handle the Stay at Home order? After a long winter and schools being closed some long days riding feels like essential travel. Pretty sure that’s not a generally accepted view.
  4. rsvern

Oddometer:
    It's a long way to my prefered grocery store and sometimes I get lost. Actually, a lot of times I get lost now that I think about it. That would not even be a lie. Assuming excersise is still allowed (I actually have not checked since the annoucement what exaclty is allowed) I prefer to excercise by riding and occasionally standing up.

I personally don't beleive a ride with maybe one gas stop and a quick picture here and there is a problem. I feel it is well within any logical definiton of Socal Distancing. I'm pretty sure I plan to do that and play stupid if I get pulled over, at least the first time. Now if we get to a gas crisis or something like that, I might reconsider riding just for fun, but I've never heard anything like that yet.
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  5. LSGiant

LSGiant Long timer

Oddometer:
    The argument being made for not riding is that is statistically more dangerous than driving. If you have an accident it will use medical resources that by all accounts are going to be in short supply in the near future. Nothing to do with Social distancing.
    pineconeMN likes this.
  6. AWolff

AWolff AWolff Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s entirely true, and a serious consideration. I’m not trying to be flippant here, just sort of thinking out loud.

Going for a recreational drive is safer but still an unnecessary risk, but therapeutic.

Outdoor exercise is encouraged. When I go for a bike ride I can choose paved trails or single track through the woods, or terrain parks. Each of those represents a step up in risk.

How are you thinking about weighing the risk of riding, or driving, or biking etc. again at the also real risk of goddamn madness from being cooped up inside. I mean look how it turned out for the Torrance family...
    HBL and dtysdalx2 like this.
  7. AWolff

AWolff AWolff Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quoted from the Twin Cities Campfire and BS thread...

HBL likes this.
  8. MNimum

MNimum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From Gov. Tim Walz PowerPoint presentation this afternoon:

- Minnesotans may leave their residences only to perform any of the following activities
    and while doing so they should practice social distancing:

• Health and safety activities
    • Outdoor activities
    • Necessary Supplies and Services
    • Essential and interstate travel (my son suspects this is to avoid interstate commerce regulation conundrums)
    • Care of others
    • Displacement
    • Relocation to ensure safety
    LSGiant's caution is noteworthy; but if a little ride significantly helps with anxiety issues/break from stress then one could argue it is health and outdoor oriented.
    Tmaximusv and HBL like this.
  9. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Do I drive to Iowa to get my new bike, that I probably can't get registered and insured for a month?

Probably not. :nah
  10. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    Calling @propforward so he can call you a wanker if you do that.
  11. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    It is generally considered perfectly fine to use archive tags to place new tags. Only getting the current tag must be done real time, so I’ll only throw a wanker @ajayhawkfan

Heh

:D
    Grainbelt likes this.
  12. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    And it was well deserved.
    propforward likes this.
  13. SGrider

SGrider I give up Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tagged: Downtown Marine on St. Croix, marine mill site on Judd st.
    15853429124311321694184370420770.jpg
    Powershouse and dtysdalx2 like this.
  14. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just glad to be here.

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Going to be wet all weekend. Nice tag this afternoon.
  15. SGrider

SGrider I give up Supporter

Oddometer:
    New tag:
    20190616_121949.jpg
  16. HBL

HBL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just curious, is the spreadsheet dead? So if an inmate posts a tag that happens to have been tagged sometime during the past...decade, would it be acceptable? It's not addressed anywhere in the rules that I can see, and the spreadsheet link seems to be inactive. Asking for a friend who doesn't want Eddie to feel alone in Wankerville this evening, LOL!
  17. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just glad to be here.

Oddometer:
    Boy spring got here fast. :lol3
  18. rsvern

Oddometer:
    Nice one. Good timing given the weather is looking crappy all weekend :(
  19. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    It’s not dead, but I don’t know if it’s been updated for a while. We’ve been doing our best to not repeat tags for the extra challenge that brings - but it’s not a hard and fast rule.

Personally I’m not bothered. Just looking forward to hopefully getting back in the game.

The spirit of the game was always to encourage riding - hence having to actually ride to the live tag to claim it, and time limits to post a new tag. At this point, if it helps keeps the game afloat to use a tag has been used before I don’t see that as a huge problem, but endlessly recycling the same tags would get boring.
  20. HBL

HBL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me too, and completely agree with every comment.