Greek riders, sign in here!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by CreteGS, Apr 11, 2007.

1. zandesiro

zandesiro In rust we trust....

Oddometer:
    Κοίτα μπορεί η ενότητα να είναι Greek Riders,το φόρουμ όμως είναι ξένο,και επειδή κάποιος moderator ελέγχει την ομάδα ο οποίος δεν είναι έλληνας (προφανώς) οι γλώσσα γραφής πρέπει να είναι κυρίως αγγλικά...
    Αλλα και κανένα ελληνικό μέσα-μέσα δεν πειράζει. Από το 2010 που γράφω εδώ δεν είχαμε κάποιο θέμα και δεν πιστεύω να υπάρχει!
    :webers
  2. zandesiro

Oddometer:
    Να σπασουμε λιγο την ρουτινα!
    Chisinau,Moldavia May 2017.

[​IMG]
  3. vasteo

vasteo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Γεια σας.ενα 2ημερο ταξιδακι.κεντρικη ελλαδα,νοτια πινδο

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N7505 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    zissimo, zandesiro and lazos 990 like this.
  4. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello Greek friends - I'm looking for rent a moto (preferred a Yamaha XT obviously, but any enduro will do) in Athens , Piraeus or nearby zone for two weeks in August second half.
    Any contact? already checked Motorent and Motoroads , but I'm looking for something simpler and cheaper... Already found in Crete , Karpathos or Kithera islands , but Athens would be better as starting point
  5. roadspirit

roadspirit souvlaki for breakfast

Oddometer:
    You will not find "enduro" rentals in Athens, suitable for touring, at least if by enduro you mean something similar to the XT.
    There are Vstrom, CB500x, F700GS etc, in the market, but cheaper and simpler, regrettably no ...
  6. vasteo

vasteo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Katerini riders,greece....2 days riding[​IMG]

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G900F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    zissimo, zandesiro and lazos 990 like this.
  7. lazos 990

lazos 990 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Katerini rider, USA ,QUABIN reservoir MA. 20180623_130515.jpg
    vasteo likes this.
  8. vasteo

vasteo Adventurer

Oddometer:

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G900F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    zandesiro likes this.
  9. lazos 990

lazos 990 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    βάλε καμία φωτογραφία από Πιερια να δούμε και λίγο πατριδα.
    geez996 and vasteo like this.
  10. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    At end will again go to Crete and rent there an XT660 , but found a possibility in Athens thank to a friend of Greek Tenerè FB group : https://www.facebook.com/dirtmotos/
    Only Facebook page seems. but bikes and prices correct.
  11. roadspirit

Oddometer:
    FYI, motorcycles older than 7 years are illegal to be rented in Greece.
    Legitimate rental businesses in Greece are also required to demonstrate in any form of media (website, fb pages etc) their license number ( a long number-letter combination starting with "MHTE : " )
    plumer1kt likes this.
  12. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks . What could are the consequences for the rider in case of police control or worse - accident ?
  13. roadspirit

Oddometer:
    I have no prior hands-on, real case experience to describe, what I will say is simply interpretation of local regulations to my knowledge.

So:
    in case of an accident, and depending on the severity of it (are there 3rd party injuries, fatalities ? etc), the insurance company has every right to refuse any kind of compensation to renter, to 3rd parties, or to company.
    If this happens, then it will lead to court of law and from that point on, the consequences can be anything from fines to jail, depending on how good your attorney is.

In case of a simple police control on the road, the fine is up to 1000 euros for each party (renter and company), if the police officers do go over the trouble and decide to dig deep enough to cross-check the registration of the bike and the company with respect to the requirements of the law that regulates rental companies. Most likely, they won't.

Then, there is the other issue, of should you or anyone support or endorse such businesses who knowingly and intentionally disregard the law and just want your money, no matter what ? Regrettably, there are many of these in Greece ...
    plumer1kt likes this.
  14. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks , will keep note .
    In past two summer I rented in Rodos and Crete , without problems , bikes were both KLX 250 and both recent, the companies rented also Cars and Jeep and seem legit ; in small island like Karpathos I've seen on rent bikes surely older than 7 years... but won't be surprised if the law is enforced in different manner following the locations , after all in my country the Road laws seemingly are very different from north to south Italy...
  15. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another question for my Greek friends
    - I will spend 7 to 10 days riding in Crete, the flight back home is much cheaper from Athens instead .
    Better spend 4-5 days in Athens going there by plane and riding around there or stop 3-4 days in Kythera and go Athens just to take the plane?
    Thanks
  16. roadspirit

Oddometer:
    Kythera is lovely place. Choose it of you feel more like being in vacation mode, relaxing etc. Your riding options will be limited, you will be able to explore the whole island on a bike in less than a day.

If you would feel like riding more, choose Athens and ride out. You have 3-4 options that will fill an entire day riding (to the Corinthian gulf, to Loutraki, to Nafplio and Epidavros, etc). And also Athens is great in August, since most Athenians leave, the city is free of the traffic chaos.
  17. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the hints.
    The search for cheap return flights has given another opportunity : back to Italy from Santorini ,
    Never been there - I know that is a heavy-touristic place but could be worth 2-3 days of beach and relax ? in Crete we will get our dose of riding and dirt riding ...
  18. roadspirit

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, this is not easy to answer.
    Depends, I guess, on your tolerances with big crowds. Santorini is fantastic as a place in general, but personally I hate being there during peak season.
  19. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I grew up in Venice , so know something about crowds... Other friends told me that Santorini is one of the few places that "once in lifetime" need to be seen .
    found a cheap flight and will spend 4 days (with bike rented) .
  20. zandesiro

Oddometer:
    Καλο 15αυγουστο σε ολους με υγεια και ειρηνη για ολο τον κοσμο η Παναγια να μας προσεχει ολους!

[​IMG]
    (Δελτα του Δουναβη,Ιζμαηλ Ουκρανια).