Greetings from Zeeland and Wolf Lake(north of Baldwin)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Pacman1200, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Pacman1200

Pacman1200 n00b

Oddometer:
    Good Morning,
    I have just picked up my 1st ever adventure bike. I purchased a 2018 Tiger triumph 1200 xrx. This is my Daily driver. I also have a Yamaha YZ250f Street legal up at the cabin at Wolf lake. I have been riding motorcycles since 1994. I have been on Cruisers since 1997. This past Spring I started looking at the BMW line of Adventure bikes. I ran into a few issues.
    1. Height
    2. height.. Hahaha.
    A buddy picked up a Triumph tiger 800 xca, Labor day weekend I took it for a test ride from home to the cabin and Fell in love. I wanted a little more power so Tuesday I went to the dealers and started looking at everything KTM, Yamaha Tenere, Honda Africa twin, BMW (again), Suzuki Vstrom, Kawasaki. I ended up on the Triumph Tiger 1200.
    To make this long story short. I am looking for people to ride with on and off road. I need to get some 50/50 tires for the tiger and I also have crash bars on order.. Let me know if you are from West michigan or Baldwin area and want to get some miles on.
  2. zxrider11

zxrider11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let me know when you get those 50/50 tires.

We have alot of good ADV routes to share in the Gun Lake, Yankee Springs, Barry State Game, Allegan State Game Area, Twin Lakes & Fremont area.

And a few of us usually meet up every Sunday morning for Bike Church at Common Ground coffee shop 1319 Fulton street in downtown Grand Rapids.

IMG_20181102_152132498~2.jpg
  3. Pacman1200

Pacman1200 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the response. I will post when I get some. I have to do some research on what I want.
  4. Pacman1200

Pacman1200 n00b

Oddometer:
    I couldn't wait. I just had to get out and try this bike. So I went to 38th and 132nd. Headed east to 34th.. It as a great time.. Yep I need tires....
    Here is a short little video of my riding Pal Nate. He showed me how to fall gracefully.