1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Grey Creek Pass

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Hektoglider, Jul 8, 2008.

1. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    In my post above I see a black box with Loading Map upper left. Never saw that before in a post with a .GPX attached.
    What do you see?
    What did I mess up? I expected it to just show a small rectangle with the gpx to be clicked on
  2. RedRover_CO

RedRover_CO Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have GoogleEarth and all that, but nothing identifies the named pass at that location. But yeah I can see the saddles there from the space view. Would love to ride up there this summer!
  3. NW Coaster

NW Coaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    North Okanagan, BC (formerly North Coast)
    I see the same. I suspect they're adding new functionality but it's not quite ready for prime time. If you look at some of the Mapping & Navigation threads where there are a lot of .gpx files, you'll see that some show an interactive map with the track and waypoints on it, but many show that blank square. Good idea, I hope they can get it working. Whether it works or not probably has to do with how the .gpx file is written / differences between devices etc. Just my guess.
  4. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks NW Coaster.
    At least the .gpx is still able to be downloaded.