GROUP BUY - Desert Fox 3 Liter and 6 Liter Fuel Bladders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jackalay23, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Jackalay23

Jackalay23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    UPDATE - 5/22/2020

Talked to Flying Brick. See below:

Hi Josh,

Trust you are doing OK? We are obviously keeping an eye on what America is doing and notice that your economy is waking up!

Just an update regarding your order…

Unfortunately we are not able to guarantee getting any product to you at this time; so would like to wait another month before confirming numbers and sending you a PayPal invoice for payment.

(So frustrating with shelves full of product and not able to shift it!)

We are now on Level Four Lock-Down…Courier Companies are operating with limited staff and limited facilities and customs in various countries are holding product back – depending on what Lock-Down phase they are in. Some product are being returned to sender and that cost is for the sender’s account.

Your order has been logged and we’ll make contact as soon as there is a good likelihood of you receiving product. (I’ll be checking in with service providers every second week to check on status.)

Your patience is much appreciated!

UPDATE - 2/18/2020

The bladders to supply the 12/4 group buy arrived yesterday. I had enough to supply everybody noted on the request list (first post in yellow). PMs have been sent. Here is the new request list. Since it is almost Spring and I am sure many of the requestors have rides planned. With this in mind I am not going to wait to order. I will order more than requested so I can take care of stragglers.

1. Cherch-----------Qty 1 - 6L - CANCELLED

3. NEPA 450X------Qty 1 - 6L
    4. Gentimmy-------Qty 1 - 6L
    5. Mike2k18---------Qty ? - No response CANCELLED
    6. Aviatordoc-------Qty 2 - 6L
    7. Northerndr-------Qty 3 - 6L
    8. Solo Moto--------Qty 1 - 6L

UPDATE - 1/22/2020

I have initiated contact with The Flying Brick to get the a quote for this Springs group order. Members have requested 4ea 6L and 4ea 3L. In order to get the best price and satisfy any additional interest I will be ordering more than the 8 currently spoken for. Firm pricing and ETA to follow.

UPDATE - 12/4/2019 - Regarding the group buy I mentioned

I have sold out this batch of bladders and, judging by the interest, the group buy I mentioned in my original post can move forward. Several of you have already put your request in. If you would like to be added to the list please reply in the thread. You can message me as well but it is easier to keep track of requests here versus sifting through all my messages. I will keep a running tally of requests just below this update.

See original post below for pricing. The prices may be slightly more or less depending on exchange rate and shipping surcharges. I saw lots of interest from our Canadian members. Shipping to Canada is slightly more expensive so the total is typically $4 to $10 more than aforementioned prices.

The request period will remain open until the end of January. After I place the order expect around 1-2 months before they show up.

Request List:

1. MAXVERT -------- Qty 1 - 6L

2. justcountry04 ---- Qty 1 - 3L - CANCELLED
    3. intrepidantihero - Qty 2 - 3L
    4. pfdskipper -------- Qty 1 - 6L - CANCELLED

5. Traxx -------------- Qty 1 - 6L
    6. buffalohunter ---- Qty 2 - 6L

7. ICbiker------------- Qty 1 - 3L
    8. Bike Guy----------- Qty 1 - 3L
    9. Sootgrinder------- Qty 2 - 3L
    10. park6187-------- Qty 1 - 6L
    11. rufus------------- Qty 1 - 6L
    12. Retals------------ Qty 1 - 3L
    13. lddave------------Qty 1 - 6L

First a note to the moderators. I know I am selling more than 3 of these but I assure you I am not a vendor. I went on a trip to Big Bend over Halloween week. In the planning for this trip I wanted to have auxiliary fuel and water storage. I was not keen on the $150 and $199 price point of the new GL bladders. Having done some research I determined that the Desert Fox bladders were well reviewed and affordable but very difficult to get in the US. Here is one old thread from ADV discussing them but there are more out there.

Seems South Africa is the country of origin (I did not ask country of manufacture) and a few suppliers sell them but mostly in Australia, South Africa and Europe. The prices you will find seem very good until you factor in shipping, handling, and Paypal fees. I knew the only way to make this cost effective was to spread the shipping cost out over a large number of bags and then hopefully sell the extra bags. Ballards sells them on Ebay for around $70 but with $65 shipping! I do not give up easily so I scoured the forums and interweb for information on how to get in contact with The Flying Brick in South Africa to discuss a volume purchase. After many e-mails and several days of dealing with the time difference I was able to iron out a deal. About a month later the shipment arrived.

To get to the point I have seven of the 6 Liter and two of the 3 Liter bladders available. $100 delivered for the 6 Liter and $90 for the 3 Liter. They each come with spout, cap, and emergency fuel siphon. The 3L bag pictured is the one I used on the trip - you will receive a new one. Call dibs in this thread so I can keep track of it.

20191114_090728[1].jpg 20191112_173825[1].jpg 20191112_173917[1].jpg 20191112_174042[1].jpg 20191112_174100[1].jpg

Attached Files:

2. simplemind

simplemind Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m curious how easy these are to fill full w/o spillage?
  3. Jackalay23

Jackalay23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had no problem with filling. Rest one end on the bike seat or ground and support the fill opening with the other hand. Hold the fill opening high while you pump with the other hand. As the bladder fills it expands and make it easier to judge the level, but you do need to be careful as it gets close to full as an errant squeeze could send fuel shooting out the fill hole. Keep in mind no bladder should be filled to 100 percent capacity. The fuel needs room to expand. Hotter it gets outside the more room you need to leave. As far as securing the bladder for my trip I used ROK straps to secure the 3 Liter bag to the top of a Kriega US30 I was using as a tail bag on my DR650. Worked great.
    LarryGS likes this.
  4. I82l8

I82l8 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in a 6 L one. How much shipped to Canada? Thx
  5. Jackalay23

Jackalay23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Message me your address and i will get you a price.
  6. I82l8

I82l8 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    YGPM
  7. BeardofWar

BeardofWar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll take the two 3 liter bladders, message inbound.
  8. svneko

svneko Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you give the dimensions of the 6L?
  9. epc

epc JoyRider

Oddometer:
    What do you have left?
  10. radmann10

radmann10 Derf Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll take a 6L, if you have a 3L left I would prefer that but a 6L will do if that is all you have.
  11. Hafbakt

Hafbakt Travel Junkie

Oddometer:
    I’ll take a 3L if still available.
    Thanks
  12. Jackalay23

Jackalay23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The dimensions of the 6L are 13.5" X 16.5"

The two 3L are SOLD to Beardofwar

I still have six of the 6L available. For those of you wanting 3L I can get another order together. I will start a group buy thread after I sell all these.
  13. gt750

gt750 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dibs on a 6 litre. Will send a P.M. with details.
  14. selecw

selecw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will take a 6

pm sent
  15. Jackalay23

Jackalay23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Four 6 Liter bladders left. Please issue all payments as goods and services. I am sure PAypals software would easily flag a sudden flurry of F&F transactions on my account. Thanks.
  16. intrepid_ADV

intrepid_ADV Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  17. Jackalay23

Jackalay23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All bladders shipped today. I still have two 6 Liter available. I also just had a buddy of mine bail out on a 3L locally so it is available as well.
  18. Jackalay23

Jackalay23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I still have two 6 Liter and one 3 Liter available.
  19. kmc22

kmc22 n00b

Oddometer:
    Interested in one of the 6l.
  20. Jackalay23

Jackalay23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I fellow member picked up the final two a couple hours ago. All of the 6L are gone now. I have 1 3L left. I will likely post a group buy thread in the late winter for all those that missed out.