GS / ST Trippin', Trials - and an Evolution !

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by GAS GUY, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Gus_1869

Gus_1869 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the story and the photos!!!
    GAS GUY likes this.
  2. Ranko

Ranko Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It takes some time to read a thread from beginning to the end, a couple of months. I am from a small European country and since English is not my mother tongue, for me is even slower.
    It was very inspiring and am very grateful to you for sharing your adventures, pictures and most important - details of your childhood, past, and life generally. After a while, I get the impression that I personally know Jeff Smith :)

I start reading a thread in October 2018 just about the same time when I decided to buy my new to me 2012 Triple Black GSA. In that time, I was reading about your traveling on mighty ST and admire that very much. Even thinking that my GSA purchase is maybe wrong and that some other motorcycle is a better/cheaper solution. So, I was very happy with your GSA purchase and your opinion regarding GSA.

I hope that this summer I will have the opportunity to try to do an Iron But Ride and get an IBA certificate.
    Also, since I visiting Maryland US every couple of years, I hope that once I will get the chance to wander around Amish lands in Ohio.

Anyway, it was a great reading, I was really enjoying. I hope that you will at some point start your write up again. There is a lot of impressions with your writing, adventures, and thoughts, but my writing skills are not on good enough level to express that. (But they improved after reading 5 years old thread :) )

Thank you, Jeff,
    I wish all the best to you and your family.
    Ranko,
    Montenegro, Europe
  3. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Ranko - Your feedback is much appreciated. I'm glad you were able to go back and read the thread in it's entirety, as I expect it will soon be broken up, when Flikr starts deleting pictures from the existing free accounts. It was a nice run, and it's always uplifting and satisfying to hear of another rider finding value in the countless hours invested; thought-provoking inspiration is what I seek and attempt to share.

If you are on two-wheels while in the States, feel free to contact me, and if we can coordinate, we could do a tour of Ohio.

Maybe at some point in 2019 I will start another thread. The desire is always there; it's just being able to invest the time needed to put together quality reports worth posting. Sometimes I become a little frustrated because grand visions manifest themselves in my mind and I've the desire to put them into play, but then the reality of having to neglect so many other tasks in order to pursue those literary endeavors often becomes overwhelming. So many pursuits, so little time. Hopefully this is another good year and I can continue to ride and reflect; continuing to gain perspective and transcend ideologies.
  4. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Interesting .... Flikr still hasn't broken the links to my pictures. We will see.
    2wingdoc05 and Bigbob1 like this.