GS911 on F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Shadetree, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Shadetree

Shadetree Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone used the GS 911 data retrieval unit on the F800GS? Specifically, can you reset the oil change interval and check for error codes? Please elaborate on your experience.

Thanks,
    Bill Dragoo
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Yellow F8GS
  2. Bayner

Bayner Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm also curious about this.
    I asked whether the TT reader could reset the intervals and the reply was 'we don't believe so'.
  3. Shadetree

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Bayner. I see that you're an auto tech. You would appreciate the value of this reader if it would work for our bikes.

Going once...going twice??? Surely someone out there knows if we can use this on the F800GS.

Bill Dragoo
    Norman, Oklahoma
  4. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    The unit does work on the F800GS.

The guy that does all the programming for it was working on getting it to reset the service interval counter. He was hoping to have it done Dec/January, but I have not checked back on his website lately, I intend to do that a little before my 6000 mile service is due :D

If you read the FAQs on his site it talks about that feature....

Jim
  5. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    I have one, and with the beta software it does indeed work on the F800GS along with all other F800 models.

That said, it doesn't, at this point, reset the service indicator on any BMW models. They should be releasing a new firmware update in "early December" :lol3 to enable this functionality. As of yesterday it wasn't posted.
  6. Shadetree

Oddometer:
    Resetting the service indicator is the most valuable feature at this time for me, although I'm sure that could change as soon as I had a trouble code. Has anyone actually seen any trouble codes pop up on their bike? My machine only has 2000 miles at this point. How many of you have bikes with more than 10,000 miles on them? Any engine or driveability related issues...oil consumption, etc?

Bill Dragoo
    Norman, Oklahoma