GS911 - What does it really do?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by TuefelHunden, Feb 6, 2013.

1. seniorasi

seniorasi Banned

Oddometer:
    What is the LC-1 controller used for?
  2. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    The innovate Motorsports LC-1 with Bosch Wideband O2 sensor let you program a richer mixture than you get with the stock (lean) O2 sensor.

A major benefit of the LC-1 in addition to program the mixture is that you can see how your motorcycle is running by logging the air-fuel ratio while you ride. It's like have a CAT scan on the bike.
  3. seniorasi

seniorasi Banned

Oddometer:
    cool...How do you get the training to know the correct stoichiometric ratio? And further does changing values inhibit the range the computer is able to control mixture for changing condition? ie: Altitude, humidity, temperature.
  4. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. klondike1

klondike1 Nobody in particular

Oddometer:
    I've had one for a few years now. Hey are constantly improving them. It has been a great asset to my shop and has found problems for me. Not major ones but problems none the less. I keep my old cell phone for trip so it can communicate as i use an iphone all the time and it will not work. I have 2 bikes so really worth it for me. If you do not have the know how to fix the problems then probably not worth it.
  6. seniorasi

seniorasi Banned

Oddometer:
    I use an iPhone5. Interesting that your experience is that it doesn't work. Anyone know the reason why? I've found that most people can be trained to use nearly any piece of equipment and the associated tools if the desire to learn is present. I merely need a bit of training in the use of the device and the associated codes. Anyone doing a tech day on the GS911? Stephan?
  7. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Kilroy was here

Oddometer:
    IIRC it has something to do with Apple app store/creation process http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/faq/does-it-run-on-my-iphone
  8. seniorasi

seniorasi Banned

Oddometer:
  9. seniorasi

seniorasi Banned

Oddometer:
    Still would like to see a GSA or even a BMW specific tech day Stephan! A webinar would be even be incredibly useful for most of us. Once everyone sees how easy it is to use I'd be willing to bet orders would increase substantially.
  10. seniorasi

seniorasi Banned

Oddometer:
    Are the GS911's bike specific?
  11. klondike1

klondike1 Nobody in particular

Oddometer:
    Nope use mine on the 800 and GSA. no issues at all. Some bikes may not be able to have all the feature another may have BTW. Unless things have changed. No iphones work with the Gs 911. Proprietary software yes. Would be great if it did.
  12. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I plan a Tech day in the spring. All are always welcome. The GS911 will be available for anyone to use and learn on.

They are not bike specific, but have a limited number of models that they can cover. Check out the web site for more info.

Jim :brow
  13. WOLVERINE

WOLVERINE Keep her pinned!

Oddometer:
    I guess I missed an important software update on the GS911. If I read this correctly I can now activate my spare wheel sensors with the GS911 without having to go to the dealer....:clap Can't wait to try this.... Thanks Very Much Stephan, been waiting a long time for this feature! :deal
  14. seniorasi

seniorasi Banned

Oddometer:
    The tech day is awesome of you Jim. I checked the mileage and Alexandria is 870 miles and 13 hours from my door. May not work for me...How 'bout that webinar Stephan?:ear
  15. DDT Rider

DDT Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've read about the reasons why the damn iPhone is not compatible with the 911 BT interface...

I wonder if the 911 development team have looked into an intermediary device like this:

http://www.ot-2.com/
  16. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    BMW bikes do not use OBD II protocols so it wouldn't work.
  17. jzeiler

jzeiler ADWrencher

Oddometer:

I wonder when Apple will allow data over BT? Then your iphone will work.
  18. TuefelHunden

TuefelHunden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gs911 BT arrives today. Looks like I'll be playing with the new toy tomorrow and won't be able to go ride in the rain and snow showers :D

Installed the software on this PC and my netbook plus my Droid X2. There were times of extreme anger causing me to revert to my military vocabulary, but all is well now. Have reset my service date and am ready to go on to bigger and better things.
  19. seniorasi

seniorasi Banned

Oddometer:
    Did you end up breaking things or was the malcontent limited to MV? I'm still in the market for a GS911 and am wondering what to expect...
  20. TuefelHunden

TuefelHunden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No :D, I did not break or damage things. It loaded up fast and easy on my PC, but the PC is in the house and not near the bike. When I put it on the netbook, I had issues with permissions that had nothing to do with the GS911 but aggravated my normally laid back composure (yea right). Putting it on the Droid X2 was NOT intuitive. I had some issues with GMAIL to get the app on board and then I found that it was a "foreign" app which needed a setting changed. Yea, everyone knows you have to do that :huh A bit of searching and all was well with world. Once installed all was right with the world. The following are my opinions:
    1. Major benefits are setting service interval and dealing with error codes.
    2. Most of the other things are really nice to have "IF YOU ARE A DIY KINDA GUY".
    3. The emergency stuff is a bit over rated. Maybe if you run the Gobi or Kalahari it is justified, but the average guy isn't going to be able to do much even when you know what the problem is because how many extra parts do you carry?
    4. I'm glad I got it.