GTA Rider looking for dual sport / adv riding buddy

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DrDuke, Jun 22, 2020.

1. DrDuke

DrDuke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello

I'm a GTA area rider, new to ADV but with a couple decades dirt bike experience. I'm looking for some people to ride with. I'm on a DR650 and I don't mind doing trips on the slab but what I really like is getting off road. I would like to do some short trips on sections of the trans Canada adventure trail this year.

Is there anyone else in the area who's looking for a riding buddy?

Full disclosure I know very little about trip planning or anything related to ADV riding, that's my weakness but I'm very comfortable on a bike and have lots of experience working on bikes as well.
    Meet@Trudys and gpfan like this.
  2. SSBB

SSBB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You might want to take a course like one from Clinton Smout at Smart Adventures up in Collingwood. Could also join the OFTR and hook up with the Simcoe County Adventure Riders.
    DrDuke likes this.
  3. DrDuke

DrDuke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the recommendation. I think a course is probably out of the budget at the moment but I'm sure it would be really fun. I requested access to the Simcoe group but since my facebook account is not active I'm worried they may not accept me as I look like a fake account.
    SSBB and gpfan like this.
  4. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think what @SSBB was referring to was SCORRA (https://scorra.ca), not a FB group. The other is the Ontario Dual Sport Club (https://odsc.on.ca).
    SSBB and DrDuke like this.
  5. Oshawa boy

Oshawa boy not a kid anymore

Oddometer:
    I'm located in Oshawa and up for some fun. Only on a KLX250. It gets me around though. Ive spent a lot of time riding to the east side of Algonquin park. I'll ride anywhere.
    gpfan likes this.
  6. DrDuke

DrDuke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome. I don't think that my DR will go anywhere your KLX won't. It may even be the opposite!

Couldn't figure out how to personal message on this site but whatever way is best to link up on here you can let me know.

I am thinking of riding some more of the Trans Canada Adventure trail soon if you want to join on that. I do more day trips at the moment. Also near you is Ganaraska forest which I know my way around well and have wanted to take the DR into.
    gpfan likes this.
  7. DrDuke

DrDuke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's great. I do plan to join them on some adventure rides if I can. I met a lot of my dirt bike friends through scorra rides.
    gpfan likes this.
  8. mikel42

mikel42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where about's are you located in the GTA? I'm on a 1090 and am in Burlington. I'm starting to map out various areas that are within a couple hours of me. PM message me and we can link up sometime.
  9. Oshawa boy

Oddometer:
    gpfan likes this.
  10. Oshawa boy

Oddometer:
    With this covid thing I've been pretty restricted to riding day rides north and east of Oshawa. I been giving it some thought re buying a ganny pass as this year is not looking good for riding up north..so far ! I do have a decent amount of unassumed roads and stuff to ride layed out locally but getting tired of that.
    DrDuke and gpfan like this.