GTA Riders MegaThread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GB, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like Kawasaki from here :augie
    KLRUSERIOUS? likes this.
  2. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    Huh. A little green with envy? :smile6
    RobbieO and KLRUSERIOUS? like this.
  3. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:
    So, it should be mint then?

[​IMG]
    KLRUSERIOUS? likes this.
  4. OMGitsmike

OMGitsmike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Somehow I didn't realize we had a regional forum until now :dunno

Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. I'm in Toronto, ride a 2016 GS triple black. First ADV bike, hoping to start dipping my feet in the off-road world this coming season.

Is there ever some kind of ADVRider local meet-up around here?
  5. 1litre

1litre In over my head

Oddometer:
    Hi I'm just north of the big smoke. The Motosocial is a big meet up once a month May to Oct (I think) but it's more open class then Adv specific. I have herd of a group in George Town that meet once a week but never made it. And there is a Facebook group called the Simcoe County Dualsport Association ( again I think) but have never met up for a ride as I work the weekends when everyone else is out having fun. Message me if you want want to meet up somewhere when the snow melts a little.
  6. OMGitsmike

OMGitsmike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been out of the Motosocial a few times, acquaintances with the guy who started it up (Vik). It's cool, but it's huge - maybe we should start an ADV section at the next one.

Will definitely message when the season warms up.
  7. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Hola, just back from a month in El Salvador where I rented a Honda twist n go.
    Will be bringing my 3 1960's Honda Benly baby dreams 150's to Paris this year if they aren't sold by then.
  8. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    Is Paris going to be a thing this year? I'm not on the book of faces, but my XO is and mentioned a while ago that the organizer had bailed on it. That is all I know.

Kinda hoping it is still happening as we'd like to get the jet bike out a couple more times...
  9. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:

The biweekly Bike Night is over. Apparently gang problems :dunno

I think the above reference to Paris was for the CVMG event though...that's certainly on.
    RobbieO and 16VGTIDave like this.
  10. Fusa

Fusa My Ticket to Some Day

Oddometer:
    Thinking of riding the CoBDR from Toronto. Anyone else got the itch this year. Open to timing. I am on an s10 and will look to camp.

Think it is safer riding with others.

Anyone interested?
  11. I82l8

I82l8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did it last year with some buddies, it's awesome ride:
  12. Fusa

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing.

I am planning on riding door to door. Likely change tires when I get there.

Last year I road the TLH by myself but found 2 others on route and we banded together for a couple of days during a tricky section during rain for safety.

Doubt I would be that lucky again.

Hope to post a ride report with photos as good as yours. Looks like you guys had great whether.
    I82l8 likes this.
  13. hgwilliam

hgwilliam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike,

I’m located outside of Peterborough, ride a BMW R1200GSA. I am interested in meeting up for a ride. I have experience off-road but I like to make it home uninjured so easier off-road rides I do enjoy.

Thanks
  14. OntarioHawk

OntarioHawk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you in town very often? I've been seeing a late model GSA around lately, downtown and on Ashburnham Dr.

I'm taking delivery of my 1250GS sometime in June, but with a newborn at home riding time might be a bit limited this year.
  15. hgwilliam

hgwilliam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven’t actually rode in Peterborough this year yet, but I have a 2017 Triple Black.

Well once you get your second newborn, and get squirming for a ride let me know. I’m good for road rides or trails, pretty much any excuse to get on a bike.
  16. Fusa

Oddometer:
    Also in Toronto and up for rides. In Richmond hill. A perfect launching location.
  17. Chintrin

Chintrin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi I live near Orangeville, and up for rides as well if any of you guys head up this way.

I just finished off the MABDR on a ride up from Florida, but that's the extent of how far off road I've gone. I'm good for road rides, gravel, and dirt roads. Haven't really tackled much singletrack. I'm on an Africa Twin, so I need to work on my confidence for that stuff...

We have some decent roads (both paved and unpaved up here), but I'm still learning the good paths.

If anyone is up this way, feel free to ping me - I'm always looking for an excuse to go riding.
  18. 1litre

1litre In over my head

Oddometer:
    I’m in Orangeville. Out the west side and also on an Africa Twin. We will need to meet up and do some exploring around. Maybe a run through the Forks to Higher Ground for coffee with the retired guys.
  19. Chintrin

Chintrin Adventurer

Oddometer:

Lol - on the east side - South Mono near Hockley Resort. Since I bought this bike last year - I've been exploring roads more north, more dirt in Mulmur. Bike is still pretty filthy from the recent ride, but she's ready to ride. I need to figure out how to PM with this platform...
  20. Fusa

Oddometer:
    I am in Richmond hill so Orangeville is not that far. Couple of weeks I would be good for a ride.

This weekend getting the pool open and general cleaning. Only a short ride on the s10.
    FirecrackerRed likes this.