Guadalajara, Mexico - Enduro rentals. Enduro tours. Light off road.

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by vadim_osipov, Apr 20, 2020.

1. vadim_osipov

vadim_osipov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey folks,

I've been travelin Mexico on my 1200GS and had to stop in Guadalajara due to closures and such. Going to spend here next few months or more. Dependant on world situation, obviously. Who's here? Lets meet? Ride? Beer? :)

What i'm looking for?
    I'm looking to rent a Enduro (~450cc), Enduro equipment and best case scenario find a tour guide or group of Enduro riders to show me around local trails. Ride together, so if I end up in a ditch someone is there to get me out :)

I understand that times are hard right now, many businesses are closed. I found this web site:
    http://www.enduroguadalajara.com/ but they seem to not respond to their FB page messages and there's no WhatsApp account to talk to... So, I'm here now, asking ya folk for advise.

If Enduro rental is not found, maybe someone can at least suggest semi easy off road trail, local preferably. My GS has 70/30 street tire, not so good for off roading but I'm still willing to ride out on something semi flat

Best,
    Vadim
    noshoes likes this.
  2. noshoes

noshoes soñando con México

Oddometer:
    Buena suerte. I tried to find some rental a few years back and was not able. I hope you do.
  3. markharf

markharf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try the HorizonsUnlimited communities page: https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/connect/contact#G . Other than that, just asking around usually brings results, so ask anyone--your lodging, cops, random motorcyclists you see, repair shops, dealers, etc. etc. etc.

All of this is subject to whatever sort of social distancing/lockdown states is current where you are.

Hope that's helpful.

Mark
  4. vadim_osipov

vadim_osipov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @markharf Thanks, yes, I've been asking just about everyone, where can i find some Enduros for rent. I'll try the Horizon Unlimited as well. Maybe more luck there. Everything seems to be shut closed, but I'm sure there are things still happening behind closed doors. Just gotta find my way in :)

@noshoes Thanks! Hopefully something comes up.
    noshoes likes this.
  5. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a guy that posts on hear occasionally that runs dualsport tours out of PV.
    He might be able to help you.
  6. vadim_osipov

vadim_osipov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @stormdog That's awesome! Do you happen to know his ID, or how to get in touch?
  7. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don’t
    I think I have seen him post in “ is Mexico safe” thread over in trip planning. You might try there.
  8. vadim_osipov

vadim_osipov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'll look into it.
  9. Kiko

Kiko Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. BikeMex

BikeMex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Vadim
    if you make it to Puerto Vallarta . . . we can go on a dirt tour in the mountains . . . or other areas . . .
    https://www.bike-mexico.com/

Saludos