'Guard-It-Technology' F800GS + all CRF/KTM/husky enduro Bashplates

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by wonky, May 1, 2008.

1. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    Guard it Technology is the Adventure-Spec response to our customers requests for top quality bashplates sold at sensible prices. By using a thicker section and higher specification 4mm aircraft grade aluminum on the enduro guards and the same grade of high tech 3mm aluminium on our race guards we can ensure that externally the bashplate is hard enough to take bangs and knocks without deformation, but soft enough not to crack or split under extreme impacts. This means a quality product that will protect your bike and look good year after year.
    All bashplates are CNC profile cut, bent, and TIG welded on BOTH sides. There is no spot welding to any part of the plate externals. All our bashplates include either stainless steel or aluminium fitting kits and all come with top quality fasteners.
    Because we use bashplates as often as you do we know that cheap fiddly spacers that float around might allow the manufacturers an easy life where manufacturing tolerances are concerned, but make removing and replacing them a real pain. We dont believe in fiddly anything, or poor quality design, thats why Guard it Technology bashplates fit the bike first time everytime without fiddly bits, bending,or bashing with a hammer! They also protect all the parts of the bike that you would expect. Why design a bash plate that leaves your waterpump housing or oil cooler exposed? Nope, we dont know either!
    We dont believe in lead times of six weeks, or price without quality. All our plates are British engineered and made locally near our base in the North of England. In short they are the finest bashplates we could make sold to you at the cheapest price we could afford. Without question Guard it Technology bash plates are certified Adventure-Spec.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Check out the whole range here http://www.adventure-spec.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=35

For a guide, all enduro/MX plates are £59.95 including UK P+P and the F800GS plate is £129.95 including UK P+P .
    We will happily export our guards to the US, Europe or Australia. Please email us before you order for a shipping quote.
    sales@adventure-spec.com
    I should also say that we have the whole range in stock (apart from 800GS, ahould have it nxt week)
    Chris
  2. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    These photos are of the preproduction plate while we were still finalising things. The production plate will be pretty much identical but generally tidied up........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see its a pretty substantial item and adds a bit of Rally bike attitude to the 800.... (link)

For pictures of the rest of the range for enduro and MX bikes click here

chris
  3. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Nice work. How 'bout one for the TDM900? :deal
  4. ZzyzyxRd

ZzyzyxRd Home of the odds

Oddometer:
    Good work.

Very nice. :thumb
  5. HighAlpineDrifter

HighAlpineDrifter Long timer

Oddometer:
    All we have left for the F650GS market are those crappy Touratech bash plates. YOu should makes some for us as well. :clap
  6. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    Heres the first few of the first batch of F800GS plates ready to go off for annodizing.

[​IMG]

We will have the first batch ready to go out for delivery on wednesday. Just working out shipping prices now..........

chris
  7. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    A much better design than the Touratech bashplate for the F800GS..

Be sure to bump this thread once the F800GS hits US shores, late in the year and certainly next year. :thumb
  8. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    We've now started doing a black powderoated option as well, its £10 more at £139.95 inc UK delivery, but definately looks the biz....

[​IMG]

Also coming soon crashbars that work with this plate!

chris
  9. berkly

berkly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any crash bars yet?

If my bike comes in Sept, should I place an order for the plate and bars soon?
  10. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    I'd buy one today if you had one to fit an 02 Tiger...
  11. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    We're getting a hell of a lot of orders and are having to ramp up production considerably, so placing an early order is a pretty good idea. As for the crashbars, we wont take orders until they're finished and we know what the price will be.

Shipping to the US is going to be pricey, but we're working on a better solution........

chris
  12. berkly

berkly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't tell but does your bashplate cover the cat converter in the rear or do you offer something to bolt onto the center stand? Also have you all found a cheaper solution for shipping to the us? Just curious
  13. BigJohnBundy

BigJohnBundy Hav-A-Tampa

Oddometer:
    And I would buy one tomorrow for a 99 tiger..
  14. Ceri JC

Ceri JC UK GSer

Oddometer:
    I've not seen one in the flesh yet, but from the photos, it looks like there's a bit more of a gap between these and the exhaust pipes than there is with the BMW aluminimium plate. I know that there are problems fitting aftermarket headers with the BMW alu bash plate, but hopefully these will be more accomadating.

Can anyone confirm whether or not any aftermarket exhaust headers fit with the GIT plate and if so, which ones?

TIA.
  15. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    hi,
    the Remus ones DO NOT fit with this bashplate, sorry!