Guglatech Filtration System install on 1090R

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by ladyknieval, Mar 11, 2018.

1. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:

Mate

zip is PA 6.6, totally inert to petrol, we use the same kind of zip to secure the fuel pump clips since always !!!!

1faakw.jpg
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  2. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    PA 6.6?? What is that? I'd like to source my own as it wouldn't really be cost effective to ship a single zip tie.
  3. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Most Zip Ties are Nylon, which is highly resistant to the effects of petrol.
  4. Newbusa

Newbusa Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've used a zip tie around my fuel pump as well,but was concerned about the effects of gas on it so stuck one in a jar of gas, a year later it still looks the same.:-)
    ScooterNoMore and guglemonster like this.
  5. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    hi, do you still have the big one we sent along with the filter?

PA is Polyamid, commercial brand name is Nylon, but if you go to a shop you should see on the etiquette PA or polyamid, as for the lenght, our is close to 530mm, @Green Boy was using a 450mm, I recommend the 7,5 mm wide one, more robust and adequate for the application ;)

cheers
    ScooterNoMore and jonz like this.
  6. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    the white capsule and base pump is made of Nylon too, I believe PA 6.0, without fiberglas charge in the matrix, ;)

cheers
  7. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I live half the year in Montana and half the year in California. Montana does not have the PITA vapor recovery nozzles that California requires. I'm moving back to California in the next few days and had resigned myself to removing the gas tank filter because that in combination with the California nozzles made fueling up just too difficult. I look forward to trying the zip tie fix.
    ScooterNoMore and guglemonster like this.
  8. sizzlingbadger

Oddometer:
    My kit arrived yesterday, install has gone fine so far. I installed the in-line filter as shown in the photo below, didn't require any extra hose, just cut the OEM hose and fitted the filter.

IMG_2253.jpg
  9. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    very well done, I would have put some rubber or a cut off inner tube to separate the filter from the chassis

we send the hose to allow people to keep the system as original as possible, plus you may wish in the future to install the much bigger one on the frame :)

I think always in advance !!! :)

cheers
  10. sizzlingbadger

Oddometer:
    I taped the frame before putting the tank back on. Some advice if anyone is going to do it this way - cut the tube about a half inch closer to the engine than I did in the pic above, my quick-connector to the fuel tank is a little harder to reach now due to the pipe being slightly shorter.

Either that or use the tube supplied in the kit to replace it :1drink
    guglemonster and KTM 1190advR like this.
  11. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    ahahah :) well said

my two cents, leave the original pipe intact, and use a portion of the provided hose to connect the filter to the airbox :) like this any kind of operation will have the proper lenght of hose from both size, allowing you also a way easier "space" to eventually change the in-line filter :)

ps

I had a filter change finally !!!!

85.000 km on a 990 KTM, mounted in 2012, neck prefiltering and big in-line BOSCH straight connectors unit..... unfortunately it was done out of boredom...... not out of necessity... filter was fully functional and not clogged at all..... sorry guys, I do not have statistics to tell when to change the external fuel unit.....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

you must keep riding and than report to me I suspect......

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cheers
    Jaimoto likes this.
  12. rubber_band

rubber_band Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just want to throw out some props to @guglemonster for great service & product.

I contacted him, outside of the site, through the email address on his website about my neck filter falling into the tank, with a pic.
    A quick response asking for the order number & address. I replied and a new filter showed up on my doorstep a few days later, no hassle or cost to me, what so ever.

When I fished the filter out of the tank to snap a pic, it had small amount of contaminants visible in both corners. My bike has only been fueled up from commercial pumps in Oregon, Washington, BC and Victoria Island while the filter was installed.
  13. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve had the same great service. Top man!
  14. sizzlingbadger

Oddometer:
    I had to remove the neck filter, I couldn't get the pump to fill the tank fast enough, it was taking many minutes to fill, despite having a cable tie in there to help open it up.
  15. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ahhh, too bad. I have to go a bit slower but not much. If I can angle the nozzle towards either back corner (ie the 4 o’clock or 8 o’clock) position I usually can giver full blast.
    guglemonster and Whiteyez like this.
  16. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hi, did you position it like @Green Boy suggested? we had many positive feedbacks after the mod, also from other much more difficult bike such as the AT1000 CRF, sorry to hear that though

cheers
  17. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    thank you guys

my pleasure and duty ;)

I am deeply sorry about this production lot, happy we fixed it for good ;)

cheers
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  18. MN rider

MN rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a question, over time will the aquastop neck filler deterorate as it's rubbing on the inside of the tank it's whole service life?
    guglemonster likes this.
  19. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    @MN rider

this is not the proper place :) they will bann me one day !!!!

please, use the vendor post to ask, or a PM or an email :)

pst, as for not, the smooth surface of plastic tanks never gave any problems, we are using a special protective mesh for metal ones though :)

cheers
  20. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, also went beemerboneyard, got 90 degree fitting to get a straighter run to external filter.
    guglemonster likes this.