1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Guglatech Filtration System install on 1090R

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by ladyknieval, Mar 11, 2018.

1. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi @senoj

sorry to hear about your bike, allow me to ask you how a fuel filter system was supposed to be the solution to a starting problem, where did the suggestion come from?

in order not to "spam" this topic, I shall write o the other one regarding the starting problem

cheers
  2. EMFL

EMFL It's an adventure if nobody died Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the post and other sources of information. I just serviced the fuel filter at 25K, and went ahead with the full guglatech upgrade. All went well, this post certainly helped, and feel good knowing i wont have to worry about this for a long time.

Cheers
  3. senoj

senoj senoj 54 but now 55

Oddometer:
    Hi Giuglemonster.

Mate there is no suggestion from you or me that your kit corrected starting. My original post was simply to highlight my findings. My bike is great and doing well.

You have what appears to be a good product. I think enough has been said so I'll leave this alone now.

Cheers
    guglemonster likes this.
  4. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    thanks,

I always try to learn and improve our products and systems that's why I am so inquisitive !!

thanks for the unspoken praising, it makes one feel good on a Monday morning

cheers

;)
    lithodave likes this.
  5. Milekone

Milekone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for posting this. Made the swap a lot easier.
    Question in reference to that other whine AKA throttle servo. Does that go away? It seems like mine is whining whenever the fuel pump is engaged.
    I wonder if I f..ed something up. The bike runs without issues btw. Just that sound that wasn't there before.
    guglemonster likes this.
  6. EMFL

EMFL It's an adventure if nobody died Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since I installed this within the last week I have not noticed any whinning or additional noise. Sounds like it usually did upon starting.
    guglemonster likes this.
  7. KTM 1190advR

KTM 1190advR Enema of the state Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since I installed the complete set-up from guglatech on my 1090R with 220km on the ODO I’ve had no -0- starting issues or noise. Prior to the install I experienced the "3-4 attempts" issues every start. Now at 6900km.
    Coincidence? Don’t know but don’t think so...
  8. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    looks like the kit is around $240 usd? is that right? 217 euros?
  9. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hi, nope, you are seeing prices with VAT, outside the EU there is no vat, it's roughly 178 euros plus 20 for shipping

cheers
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  10. Milekone

Oddometer:
    **Update** the throttle servo noise is mostly gone, don't know why it was there to begin with but some bikes have that noise from the start and some don't. Mine didn't.
    One tip for the tank neck filter is to drop it on the side of the fuel pump. Initially I positioned it on the opposite side, and the fuel pump pulled it towards the other side and mangled the filter, which made it almost impossible to fill. Works much better on the opposite side. Hope that helps with anyone who's having issues with high velocity fuel nozzles at gas stations.
    guglemonster likes this.
  11. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    from most of the installations the best position is toward the back with the green boy trick

keep me posted

thank you

cheers
  12. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What side of the bike do you fill your tank from? If you fill your bike from the right hand/throttle side of the bike, I can see it being better stuffing the filter down on the pump side. I fill mine from the left side/clutch side and have my filter stuffed down the opposite side of the pump.

"the fuel pump pulled it towards the other side and mangled the filter"..........Do you mean to say the "gas pumps fuel nozzle"? You make it sound like the bikes pump did so.
    guglemonster likes this.
  13. Milekone

Oddometer:
    I was filling from the left side till now. The suction from the fuel pump pulled it towards the clutch/fuel pump side whenni had the filter mounted on the right side. After sitching ot to the left I got much better results.
  14. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hi, I believe more in a coincidence/better installation rather than the fuel pump dragging the filter, such a suction with an EFI pump is practically impossible ;)

glad your refueling time improved

cheers