Guglatech Filtration System install on 1090R

Discussion in 'KTM 1090/1190/1290' started by ladyknieval, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    EMFL, plissken and ladyknieval like this.
  2. DR Steve

DR Steve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just edited my sig as I recently sold the DR and been meaning to fix that.
    I'd hoped the 1090 would be a replacement for the DR but it isn't and the two are close enough to have a lot of overlap so the DR will be replaced with something much lighter. The DR all of a sudden became pretty lightweight when the 1090 arrived though !

I too, have had the tank off the 1090 on four or five occasions now and haven't had an issue with the fuel connection but the electrical connection isn't the best. I've had to put a new connector on the loom.
    guglemonster and ladyknieval like this.
  3. Green Boy

Green Boy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve had that on my 1190 with this kit. One thing that I found recently is if your bike has taken a ‘nap’ then the fuel in the tank will push the neck filter around inside the tank which means that when you come to fill it the next time it’s all twisted and takes ages to fill. I found that a quick poke around with a long cable tie like the one in the kit will straighten it out and it again fills much quicker. For reference I’ve got the new HD30 filter fitted.
  4. Whiteyez

Whiteyez Motowanderlust

Oddometer:
    I noticed that too.
    ladyknieval and guglemonster like this.
  5. Barekat

Barekat Looking to get dirty Supporter

Oddometer:
    Use some dielectric grease... Makes removal much easier.
    guglemonster and ladyknieval like this.
  6. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep some of those O rings around for that metal quick disconnect. Unless you lube that O ring every single time you pop that fitting apart, its going to tear and then you'll leak fuel. Don't ask me how I know....
  7. ladyknieval

ladyknieval Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    plissken and guglemonster like this.
  8. ladyknieval

ladyknieval Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It came with a spare, but thanks for tip!
    guglemonster likes this.
  9. CO303

CO303 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the Guglatech in tank filter in my 1290R. The only time I've had the pulsing fill problem is in Mexico. Many of the PeMex pumps are set to a faster fill/higher pressure. It's kind of a pain but worth the protection in my opinion. I've had "dirty gas" problems with KTM's before and the in tank filters and the higher quality pump filters seem to be good preventive measures.
  10. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    wowowwowo @ladyknieval I'm truly deeply impressed

that is a GREAT mounting and explanation, thank you soooo much, if I can, I'd love to implement some of them on my blog for the mounting :)

glad the inox screw and cable tie came in handy ahaahh only IKEA gives the wrenches togethere eheeh we're way to small for that ahhah

in the o-ring kit there are two spares for the quick-disconnect, and yes, motor oil every time you insert a new o-ring or place the parts together, this applies also for all pump parts :)

thank you all guys for the feedback, adn yes, our filters are way faster than the competition but most important way better at filtration :) we want only fresh petrol in the tanks

EU "std car flow" our fiilters were tested at 8,5 liters in 30 seconds :)

the metal clip holding down the with cage are more prone to pop open after being opened for the usual filter change (the paper one is green in color since 2014 if I remember correctly, no problem in the paper color, Kehin wanted to make sure you were buying original kit only :) so better to hold it down in position since you will never pop open the cage in the entire life of the bike

as for the WK410 mod, with prefiltration, KM rating si approx 50.000 km, prehemptive change, we do not use WIX in Italy, wouldn't know how long that would last, but I'm quite sure the same KM :)

priming is usually done with 5 key turns, 15 is really a lot !! did you check that there were no knicx in the hose? anyway, if it started strong and without stuttering you're done for 50.000 km, not bad for a KTM no?? :)

this post really made me sooo happy and proud guys :)

thank you all sooooo much
  11. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Can this kit be installed using all the parts except for the external filter?

Perhaps leave the paper filter in the pump and use the new filter sock and the fuel cap filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capo Rick likes this.
  12. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hi @JasonK94Z

that would make no sense ;)

keeping one of the weak point of the fuel system would simply mean that you would anyway depend on KTM original parts eventually

truth is that the pump will never risk cavitation again, together with the neck prefiltering the paper will last much longer, but you will have to replace it eventually one day.

sorry, my project was intended to make servicing a piece of cake never opening the tank again and reliability bullet proof, middle ways were not in calculations.

we have some bikes with such a configuration, but I have no statistics and cannot judge the results in the long run ;)

cheers
    F650Dakar_Norway and Jaimoto like this.
  13. KTM 1190advR

KTM 1190advR Enema of the state Supporter

Oddometer:
    You’re aware that you can easily release the pressure in that part of the line by just pushing carefully on the white plastic-part protruding from the quick-connector? It’s a non-return valve that can be released without much effort...
  14. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the reply. I really admire your setup. I guess I’m stuck looking at form over function. I can’t get over the big external filter strapped to the frame.

guglemonster likes this.
  15. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Thats not the only way to mount it ;)
    Here is mine. If you dont take your fuel tank off you'll never see it again
    IMAG1676.jpg
  16. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Like @Jaimoto posted, the "small" version filter, rate minimum 40.000 km, is well hidden and protected under the tank, plus auto priming/bleeding with this kind of mounting is a real plus :)

over designing is my birthmark !!! :)

thank you guys :)
  17. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Awesome! I pick up the bike next week. I’ll be stripping down bodywork to install accessories shortly after. May as well do what you did.

guglemonster likes this.
  18. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    So who I kit like the pic above for a 2014 1190 Avd S?

guglemonster likes this.
  19. guglemonster

Oddometer:

sorry, please install English on your Iphone :)

hahahahah

my bad ahah couldn't resist hahaha

you mean if the kit showed in @Jaimoto bike mounts on a 2014? yes, we supply two different filters for the same price, you can simply select if "hidden" std filter or bigger in the frame like @ladyknieval installed, an order and simple email is enough and your bike will be free forever :) dandruff may still be a problem, bur for that we are still working

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    F650Dakar_Norway and DeeGee like this.
  20. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Apples spellcheck makes me look good doesn’t it? :D

guglemonster likes this.