Guglatech Filtration System install on 1090R

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by ladyknieval, Mar 11, 2018.

1. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    yep, HDM3D..... but allow me to be crude..... your fuel nozzles are HUGE !!! I know for sure that some Honda CRF1000 owner wrote to Honda Japan to complain with the neck filler hole, the have a 22,7 mm opening !!!!! and no pistol in the US seems to be small enough and refueling is a thing of faith :)

no wonders that with such pistols some of them can go way beyond our matrix fuel flow :) sorry, a good filter must do it's job or it's better to save the money :)

again guys, thank you very much for all the feedbacks, we NEED YOU all to make our products every time better :)
  2. inpayne

inpayne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WHere can these be purchased? Thanks!
    guglemonster likes this.
  3. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    arghhhh they wiill ban me !!!! haha sorry, there is the vendor topic and our fantastic (sarcastic here unfortunally :(( ) internet site :)

www.guglatech.com :)

Admin.... I WAS FORCED to say it hahahah the grasshoppers where all around me !!!!! (cit.... you all know from what movie THIS COMES FROM RIGHT??? )

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  4. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    and talking about paranoia

[​IMG]

this is how you should put the cable tie

not like this

[​IMG]

being on the body and not of the tips of the clips didn't help much the wrong mounting, 50 clicks and bike died, white capsule popped open like a champagne cork......he had to call the towaway system, and fix it all from scratch.... but not before KTM official service stated the my filters destroyed the fuel pump that now gave only 1 bar instead of 3,5 and their NASA grade fuel system check-up would state it so it was the ultimate truth !!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

yeah....... ktm workshop in Reggio Emilia really had it all figured it out hahahahhha too many ducatis with popped open heads and destroyed timing I suppose :)

like I always say.... it's your ARSE on YOUR BIKE, gotta check what they do.... your trip/life depends on it :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  5. ladyknieval

ladyknieval Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking back at my install pic on page 2, I better redo my zip tie then, mine is mounted low as well!
    guglemonster likes this.
  6. ladyknieval

Oddometer:
    AND......GUESS WHAT! I had troubles starting all of a sudden, so I thought I had better check.....BINGO! My zip tie being too low caused no pressure! Doh! At least I found out at home! Pump Oops1.jpg Pump Oops2.jpg
  7. markgrolex

markgrolex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ok you did a super detail job installing this--and even noticed the tie position during assembly and repositioned it right ? so why is this happening?
    and do you need the zip tie because the stock filter is removed and that makes it easier for the top to pop off ? I mean, if stock set up can it pop off too?
    After all your care putting this together it makes me doubt this set up for reliability...
    how high can you actually install that zip tie that it won't slide back down, hmmm
  8. ladyknieval

Oddometer:
    I had installed the zip tie incorrectly, if you'll notice Guglemonster warned of this above. Yes, it was after the fact, but like I said, I found out in the garage. The zip tie has to be above the plastic piece where the wires are, so it won't slip, like mine did. Honestly, not trying to throw Guglemonster and his company under the bus, but the directions do need to be better. I only knew of many of the installation tips by Nerb1 and his videos. I don't doubt the reliability of this system at all at this point. It was my mistake with the zip tie, but the mistake was made in ignorance.
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  9. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    no guys, the zip tie has two functions

first it makes you pay extra attention to this delicate matter so that you will position very carefully both clips on it's place

second it will squeeze more tightly the clips against the plastic.

the modification has nothing to do with it, but like the inox bolt, with the hundreds of installations, I could think of better ways to help riders out.

re-installing the white capsule is a very delicate subject and you have po pay extra attention to it

happy you could solve it while being at home safe and sound

you may be right about the installation, mostly is the same as changing the fuel filters with stock parts, but hints like using a rubber mallet to hit the clips into place comes in my head as a normal step to do, and it is entirely my fault.

so no, it was not the wrong installation of the zip tie, only the wrong positioning of the clips on the white capsule.

and why is it that? the design relay on elastic behaviour of the clips instead of firm screws or clamps, while desmounting it one partially bends them out and one needs extra care in bending them back to the original shape.

I'm not trying to avoid responsibility here, not too complete instructions is on me, faulty fuel pump assembly design on KTM

again, glad you fixed it

cheers
    F650Dakar_Norway and ladyknieval like this.
  10. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    sorry mate, you really think that the clips springing out off the plastic has anything to do with swapping a prefilter with another?

I'm sorry, but I really cannot see the connection ;)

what would that be?

eliminating the paper filter with the ultra weak spring what difference does it make to the clip positioning? t

cheers
  11. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those clips are tricky to get snapped back in correctly, I can assure that is why this happened to ladyknieval. The zip tie isn’t necessary, just an extra precaution, but if you don’t get the clips snapped on correctly, it isn’t going to stay together no matter what you do.
    ladyknieval and guglemonster like this.
  12. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    I also see another issue here, the capsule popped open, so it was not closed properly after removing the paper filter, the O-ring is visible and also the seating of the plastic teeth in the capsule too while the base of the capsule is still in position against the fuel pump in the proper seating, when clips pops open, the whole assembly comes to the side, this one is still there properly positioned in its position
    Pump Oops1-ring1.jpg

Pump Oops2-ring2.jpg

not having closed properly the capsule, again part of the fuel pump maintainance, caused the popping off

the fuel pressure of 4,2 bars, popped open the capsule and together with the, maybe, not proper closing of the clips, caused the pressure to drop and the bike to die :)

@ladyknieval, your instructions and feedback helped me, us, a lot, I really thank you for all this

I shall use it as the base for a better proper manual :)

in return, to thank you for your effort, you will receive the first Air Filter leaving the line free delievered to you :), if you wish :)

thank you
  13. ladyknieval

Oddometer:
    You do as you wish Guglemonster, that isn't necessary. I still think this product is great, no complaints at all. I did up this thread to help others out, as I've said before, because other inmates threads helped me before. Just paying forward.

I'm pretty loyal to the Rottweiler boys and their air filters and other products. But it always interests me to see new improvements to manufacturers blunders, and I don't mind fixing them. Sometimes I wonder if I like wrenching on a bike more. If you could buy a perfect bike that needs no improvements, how boring! Lol! I'm just a little OCD insane. Don't mind me. :jump
    DeeGee, Capo Rick and guglemonster like this.
  14. markgrolex

markgrolex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    all good info
    Im just wondering though, has anyone ever had a stock pump assembly pop open after doing a new pump or OEM paper pump filter ?
    my point--is not having that stock filter and spring in there cause the clips to NOT engage as much ?
    that whole stock clamp set up is sketchy- why not has a better faster on that ....
  15. ladyknieval

Oddometer:
    I'm wondering if it isn't more wise to use safety wire to keep the clips in place? You can get safety wire a lot more tight, as long as it wouldn't break down in the bath of constant gas. But the plastic zip tie doesn't break down.....
    pizzaboy likes this.
  16. pizzaboy

pizzaboy retiring tomorrow Tomorrow arrived

Oddometer:
    Seems like stainless safety wire would work well and could get it up high on the clips. Just take care not to get it too tight and crack the plastic
  17. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would be worried that vibration would cause a wire to possibly eat into the plastic filter housing. I’ve not used anything to ensure the compartment doesn’t pop off over 2 OEM filter changes, and had no issues. The zip ty seems like a good idea for next time, but I’m confident that I did not distort the metal clips. A gentle touch and feel to remove the cap seemed logical. Don’t bend anything :-)
  18. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    mate ???????:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

yes it happens if you do not pay attention, but your question rises another one, have you ever taken the pump into your hands? done a fuel filter change? I mean no disrespect here, but it seems that there is a certain lack of first hand experience :)

first time I did mine, I was scared shit to pop open the white caspule with the screwdriver, and had to modify the procedure inserting two mini flat ones in the sleets instead of pushing through the hole.... second time I pulled the blody ground wire off the base, and third one, I was mounting my first Mazinga teabag prototype (same dimension of the OEM one, 7 layers, no weliding, special self sealing coated wire and microhole needle...... that was a piece of art )

30032013471.jpg

here I was rolling it on paper after 2500 km between Albania Macedonia Bulgaria and Romania, no neck filtering, but fully functional and bike pushing strong and without esitation.

now back to the fuel pump design

how does the paper bastard and usless centering sping (soft like a jelly) have anything to do with the clip or even with the closing of the white capsule???

IMG-20150714-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20150714-WA0016.jpg

the capsule will close in the same way with or without anything inside, and the clips would close even if the capsule would miss the oring, the three things have nothing at all to do one with the others

guys, do not over think, the cable tie is there to make sure that you closed the clips properly, and will keep a small pressure, safe one since it's a wide band, 7,5mm, of soft Nylon and not a cutting trhough inox wire... remember, vibration would make the wire and capsule resonate at different frequencies thus creating a saw :)

cheers
    ladyknieval and Capo Rick like this.
  19. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    hahha was just writing the same

:)
    Capo Rick likes this.
  20. ladyknieval

Oddometer:
    IMG_20180422_123036306_HDR.jpg I decided just to do another zip tie, a little narrower. Plus I bent the tabs in so I got a more positive lock. Zip tie is super tight, I can't move it at all, that should do it. IMG_20180422_123046723_HDR.jpg