Guglatech Filtration System install on 1090R

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by ladyknieval, Mar 11, 2018.

1. ladyknieval

ladyknieval Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As OP, I can say, now that I have filled the bike numerous times since this install, the only time I get minimal splashback from the fuel nozzle is when I first start the pump. I point the nozzle toward the back of the tank as previously mentioned, and it flows fine. I can even use the pump's handle lock if I wish. Barekat, I wouldn't worry about any significant time gains in pumping fuel, it is minimal in my experience, and worth the protection!
  2. gratefuldawg

gratefuldawg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone had an issue with the prefilter falling off into the tank? Believe it or not, mine fell off on day 3 of the CO BDR and on day 2 I met a guy on another KTM who had his fall off into the tank as well. Any ideas of how to fish it out? Though about a mechanical pick up tool but didn’t like the idea of steel tools in a semi-full gas tanks. Thx in advance.
  3. Fattirerider

Fattirerider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Happened to me after the third time filling up. Fished it out with a coat hanger.
  4. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    hi guys, why didn't you simply contact me?

it's obviously a production problem, we will ship at once the new product, but if nobody contact me or the company how can I help you?

sorry for the inconvenience, please send us an email at info@guglatech.com

cheers
  5. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Been here a little too long

Oddometer:
    Mine fell into tank last Thursday. Email sent
  6. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    I cannot believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it is utimately my fault, wanted to help a friend in need of a "help", but as they say, you cannot teach an old dog new tricks, the result is just before my eyes.

sorry guys, obviously all cases will be solved ASAP

cheers

btw

I do not want to hide the problem, on the contrary, but this IS NOT A GUGLATECH site, adding more problems will not help me solve them :) please send me an email should you have a defected filter, this way I can help you, thanks
    bobw, mcguyver, Green Boy and 2 others like this.
  7. gratefuldawg

gratefuldawg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for not reaching out to you first. I was not sure if this was a one off issue and looking for advice on retrieval. I appreciate you standing behind your product.
    guglemonster likes this.
  8. comradecasey

comradecasey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lol.
  9. FlyingJ

FlyingJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, I did this fix a few months ago (parts purchased from a U.S. Washington State dealer. How would I know if I am at risk of the same thing happening? And if it does, is it a push-your-bike-home if you can't fix on the trail kind of issue with the inline filter installed?

10. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    FWIW. I’ve had a Guglatech pre filter for 3 years and have no problem. Installing the Godzilla setup this winter
  11. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    now guys, this is becoming a joke

what pushing a bike home?? for a neck prefilter? and how would the bike stop from working?

@FlyingJ sorry you got worried for such an issue, but I must say that now it has really become a goofy joke

:D:D:D:D:D:D

have hundreds of installations, hundreds of fuel neck filters, Godzilla Rally Raid, all bikes working flawless, Thausend of km/miles, and now to think that you would be pushing a bike it's a bit of a "too much "even for a nice guy like me :)

have you at least understood what the people are talking about???

cheers
  12. crossbones

crossbones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lame!!!
    :D
  13. FlyingJ

FlyingJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OH man! My bad and now I am embarrassed!

I was thinking this was about the teabag filter attached to the fuel pump itself. LOL!

You are right, any concern about the filler-cap prefilter is a joke!

Sorry about that.

J

bobw and guglemonster like this.
  14. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    @FlyingJ no need to ;)

hope you're so satisfied with the MOD as all the others, I'm really sorry for the neck filler abd hope all replacement will reach you all in a wink of time.

cheers ;)
    Bike Guy, ScooterNoMore and DragonRMK like this.
  15. KTM 1190advR

KTM 1190advR Enema of the state Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Guglielmo, I pulled all your filters from my wrecked 1190 and intend to install them in my 1090. What should I look for regarding the bad batch of neck filters? Anyway I can modify it by myself?
    guglemonster and ScooterNoMore like this.
  16. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hi mate,

this is unfortunately the point, unless the filter is loose on the adapter, meaning it will fall in the tank, there is no "real sign" of bad production :( we check every single filter and when we find a "strange" one we never ship them, sorry, if after all this time is still strong at pulling, it's a "go" filter ;)

how many km did you do on the 1190? time to swap the in-line filter?
  17. KTM 1190advR

KTM 1190advR Enema of the state Supporter

Oddometer:
    Okay, noted. Mine is probably good then but I’ll doublecheck prior to installing again.
    In-line should be good for another 30-40k km I’d guess, did only approx. 10k on the latest filters before "all stop"...
    guglemonster likes this.
  18. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    yep, keep me posted ;)
    KTM 1190advR likes this.
  19. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Been here a little too long

Oddometer:
    I guess I received one of the bad batch of neck filters and Guglemonster followed up with me and promptly sent me a new one so great customer service and he stands behind his product and actually gives a shyt. As mentioned above, another inmate with same issue fished his bad filter out with a clothes hanger so I attempted the same.

20181101_140854.jpg

First attempt about 10 minutes of "fishing" no bueno just frustration. So I fueled up tank to top and went fishing again...success! Still took about 10 minutes and just as I was about to give up I got lucky snagged it. So I think filling tank up helped get the bad filter suspended and was able to hook it.

Fwiw I run guglemonster's filter in my GSA with no issue and installed the new one in my 1190 and expect no issues with it either. Good product just seemed like a fluke
  20. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    hi @pizzaboy

sorry again ;( but I'm glad you could get the filter out of the tank almost easily ;)

maybe the wire coat hanger was not sharp at the end, it would have pierced the media hooking it maybe easier

thank you, we are trying to track down the production lot but I am failing, sorry about that, but for sure no defect filter will ever be ignored

thanks for your words

cheers