Guglatech Filtration System install on 1090R

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by ladyknieval, Mar 11, 2018.

1. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My kit is in the post to NZ, I hope its not a bad one as it takes long time to get them here.
  2. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi @sizzlingbadger

we solved the issue once and for all :) no worries

cheers and thank you
  3. bighog85

bighog85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I still just don’t love the neck filter. Sometimes it flows fine and other times it takes forever. I think the issue is that I ride on some very tough offroad, the bike tips over every once in a while and just the sloshing of the fuel moves the filter around and it gets bunched up. If I was strictly on the road then once it was positioned properly I have no doubt that it would stay put. If the bike is moving around a lot, be aware of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. fireman181

fireman181 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed the tank neck filler filter back in may I think getting ready for a trans america tour. Installed many extras in time to make sure they worked without issues. The neck filter slowed fuelling but presumably worked fine. I left on a 10000 ml trip, and within 500 mls, the filter came loose from the neck that it was glued to. The rest of the trip it was sloshing around inside the fuel tank. Not what I expected!
  5. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    @fireman181

sorry for what has happened, as we have explained before, it is a production problem that we have solved

from your side howere, we never received any info or mail, :) we would have sent to you immediately, like we have already done with EVERYONE, a replacement wth the new design.

please send us an email at guglatech@gmail.com or info@guglatech.com to confirm your address and send us a picture of the broken filter, this is not the official communication to reach us :)

thank you
    Bike Guy and ScooterNoMore like this.
  6. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    here @Green Boy has been working as out tester on one of his idea

the took a cable tie, similar in lenght to the one we supply to open up the fiilter, bent it at corner, cut off the two edges, and we recommend to flame them to make them round and remove sharp edges, and insert it at the bottom of the filter

this will impede the filter to twist, and accordingly to him, refueling has also improved since the filter is always opened and will not collapse on its' own while drying up once the fuel level is lower.

image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

the base of the "triangle" will sit at the bottom of the filter, and the two sides will open up applying a little pressure that will impede the filter to close up

the only problem may be while removing the filter, one has to pay attention in bending the sides so to pass through the opening and not get stuck below it

thanks mate

@bighog85, would you mind trying the trick out?

thank you very much
    Bike Guy and ScooterNoMore like this.
  7. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, fuelling is a bit slower, but I have an extra minute in my day!

I too had one of the ‘production issue’ tank filters. My email was returned in and hour and a new filter was on the mail within a day!

Best online service I’ve ever had.

It’s worth the effort and price and the 60 seconds out of your day!

All the best everyone.
    guglemonster likes this.
  8. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    @ScooterNoMore thank you :) we do our best at all times :)

please, try also the @Green Boy Fix, he's really happy about it, and it would be a great solution at 0 costs, I can easily include a second monster cable tie in the package, just the flaming is, for me, pretty ugly to look at :)

cheers
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  9. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I sure will!! Thank you again!’
    guglemonster likes this.
  10. Green Boy

Green Boy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes as @guglemonster says the cable tie mod has really worked and solved the “10 minute fill up” after the bag filter gets twisted. I’ve also tested if after an off pavement trip when I led the bike down meaning the filter was washed around inside the tank and it still worked.
    jonz, ScooterNoMore and guglemonster like this.
  11. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    @Green Boy

we will put another cable tie so that users will be able to allow the user to make his own "GreenBoyTrick"

thank you, really,

cheers
    Doug Matson and ScooterNoMore like this.
  12. guglemonster

Oddometer:
  13. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    full test and pics....

Now, you all know that our Neck Fuel Filter for motorcycles are the most advanced in the world, but, unfortunately, some tanks are better shaped than others, and obviously it's NOT the case with the KTM LC8 1050, 1090, 1190, 1290.

Our M04006 fuel filter is really advanced, but the position in the tank and should the bike lean on the floor, leads to a slow refueling.

Well.... not anymore !!!

Green Boy from ADVRider forum decided that enough was enough and HE WOULD FIND THE SOLUTION FOR US!! PERIOD!

The concept was easy, my bad for not having thought about that myself: make sure that the filter will always be open and flat even if the bike was on the floor.

Well, he took a cable tie similar to the one we deliver with the filters, modified as following, and put it in the filter. He swears it works great!!!

So, you will receive as always the cable tie to open the filter, but you will also receive one more in case you want to go "Green Boy" on your bike !!

[​IMG]

Cut the two ends of the tie in order to achieve 450mm of overall lenght, bent the side to be more or less 120-130 mm of lenght, middle segment 180-200 mm

[​IMG]

Now the tricky part: you HAVE TO MAKE sure the sides are not sharp, or they will damage the filter.

I use a lighter, make them round and smooth,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, insert the modified cable tie in the neck make sure to center it,

[​IMG]

Put it into position, and than insert it in the tank !!! Done!

[​IMG]

When and if should you ever extract the filter, just make sure not to force it or it may cut the filter, the cable tie is really strong!

Ed, you rock Mate !!!
    jonz, ScooterNoMore and Bike Guy like this.
  14. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics, my filter should be here any day now.
    guglemonster likes this.
  15. Nerb

Nerb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have thrown a handful of marbles in the bottom of mine to stop this happening... no conclusive result yet, but might be worth a try.

Actually, I just read Guglatechs zip tie solution above... that might work even better!
    ScooterNoMore and guglemonster like this.
  16. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hi NERB!!!!! how's life mate??

the cable trick is @Green Boy 's, he's the real genius here !!!!
  17. Green Boy

Green Boy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My bad in that I didn’t explain it to @guglemonster that well but my way of doing the zip tie trick is the other way up as my rough diagram (drawn with my finger!) shows.

The red is the cable tie and the blue arrows is the fuel entering the filter. This way means the fuel is forced out towards the side walls when it hits the cable tie which inflates the filter and also you don’t need to cut the cable tie so no sharp ends. You can also remove the cable tie from the filter in the tank if you ever need to remove the filter as it’s just reachable.

In terms of installing it, I put the cable tie into the filter and then put the filter into the tank.

Hope this helps

BE84745D-7A25-4602-8AE4-9000D5FBF5FC.jpeg
  18. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    hahahaha my bad,will redo the blog post too

thanks again my friend!!

cheers
    Doug Matson and ScooterNoMore like this.
  19. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    uff.. sorry for the late answer, was at EICMA drooling on soooo many bikes !!!!

here's the updated info based on the final @Green Boy knowledge !!

Now, you all know that our Neck Fuel Filter for motorcycles are the most advanced in the world, but, unfortunately, some tanks are better shaped than others, and obviously it's NOT the case with the KTM LC8 1050, 1090, 1190, 1290.

Our M04006 fuel filter is really advanced, but the position in the tank and should the bike lean on the floor, leads to a slow refueling.

Well.... not anymore !!!

Green Boy from ADVRider forum decided that enough was enough and HE WOULD FIND THE SOLUTION FOR US!! PERIOD!

The concept was easy, my bad for not having thought about that myself: make sure that the filter will always be open and flat even if the bike was on the floor.

Well, he took a cable tie similar to the one we deliver with the filters, modified as following, and put it in the filter. He swears it works great!!!

So, you will receive as always the cable tie to open the filter, but you will also receive one more in case you want to go "Green Boy" on your bike !!

[​IMG]

Use the whole lenght of the provided cable tie, bend at 220 mm and again a 220mm in order to obtain a triangle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, insert the filter in the tank opening, with the first cable tie make sure the filter is properly deployed, and simply insert the magic Triangle inside in order to achieve this position

done!!!

Ed, you rock Mate !!!

thanks again !!!!!!!!!!! :)
  20. grunkster

grunkster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wont gas melt the zip-ty eventually?