Guglatech Revolutionary Ultra 4 Air Filters for motorcycles

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by guglemonster, Jan 28, 2018.

1. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL I'm lost again,

since I cannot create, at the moment, a Guglatech SUPER FILTER for the 990/950, I will continue developping amazing filters for other bikes.

check dimensionale.jpg copertina-1-740x555.jpg

use the original OEM gasket to obtain the most rev-happy V-Strom ever seen.... early DL-1000 and ALL 650 ANY YEARS........

sooooon at our web..... more torque, less consumption, best protection..... GUGLATECH !!!!!!!!!!!

here the first proto ever mounted heavily stressed and tested !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

filtro-g1-1024x768.jpg

WE ROCK AND RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Alright enough of page 4. So I installed a bad ass muffler on the bike and it seems even crispier than ever along with the sound. Top end is quiet but lower throttling has some great sound! You have anything for me my friend? Can it be that you could make me grin more? Haha!! 4BB71723-8E69-428A-86BB-BD0C633A55C9.jpeg
    guglemonster likes this.
  3. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    ahhahahh you cought me totally off guard HHAAAHHAHA

yes the MAB003 is ready for your newly tuned bike obviously !!!!!!!!!

meanwhile, we developped the ULTRA4-ALU, a new revolutionary mounting system, and the first in line is for the HONDA VFR 1200 FAMILY

sprintier engine, lower consumption, ultra easy cleaning and ultr long lasting !!!!!

https://www.guglatech.com/en/prodotto/honda-vfr-1200-x-crosstourer-rally-raid-mab006-00/

HONDA VFR 1200 KIT.jpeg

here the super easy mounting !!!!

soon the english video tooooooooooooo

Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  4. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    4368B24E-6CF9-4F7E-8089-F0E63421B333.jpeg I enjoyed the video with your lady friend! Did you want me to send out this box of gloves so she has an easier time? hahahaha!!!!
    guglemonster likes this.
  5. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    hahahaha you will never believe it, is exactly what we described in the English video hahaha difficult to find S and Xs sizes in the workshop supplier depots ;)

cheers
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  6. guglemonster

Oddometer:
  7. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    I know that my brothers in ARMS will want my skin, but the 990/950 project is not yet ready.

We FINALLY FINISHED THE CRF HONDA AFRICA TWIN ULTRA4 RALLY RAID

we modified the project twice, race tested in the EU Rallies and got the perfect mix of protection and engine responsiveness

all info and purchase details

https://www.guglatech.com/en/prodotto/honda-crf-1000-l-adventuresports-air-filter-mab008-01/

MAB008-1.jpg

I'm really proud of this one, the Honda is a difficult machine to tune

cheers
    floalex and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  8. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    and ciack!!!

here's the video of the Ultra4 RALLY Raid prepping before installation

piece of cake

beware of the airbox !!

cheers
  9. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    Any particular reason for refusing to develop those for the KTM 690 Enduro/SMC?
    guglemonster likes this.
  10. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hi, now they will all come like a ton of bricks on my head for being soooo late on the 950/990 ADV project too !!!

The ONLY reason is money ;( we are producing each mold/filter internally in Italy and unfortunately projects are for us very expensive

the other ONLY reason is the "fancy" of taking the airbox off to mount an extra tank and sponge filter thus reducing enormously the interested customers

what may help a lot would be a group buy with pre-orders, it's a far simplier project than the 990/950 one ;)

thank you very much for your interest

cheers
  11. dragos

Oddometer:
    I'm missing how developing for dead bikEs like the BMW 850 or the old AT make more sense than for a current bike like the 690, but I guess you have your reasons.
    Still, most people don't do that. Also, no SMC user does it.

If you do it, I hope it would be a "shaped" design with a big area (like the DNA or the KTM PP), and not just a "lid" (like the OEM).
    guglemonster likes this.
  12. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    KTM pp is usually DNA or UNI, depending on the countries, and they both fail to protect your engine

no, we do not do "shaped" domes, we PROTECT ENGINES we do not "sell" more air, this is why out matrix are designed to allow the best flow with the top protection and cleaning procedure.

the project is already on the "table" and it is a simple OEM swap filter, flat.

the surface/flow ratio with our matrix is more than adequate to provide a long servicing interval and very good engine responsiveness, I personally admire the design of the dome shaped filter, they are very elegant and all cotton filter producers fancy that design for visual impact: MORE AIR MORE POWER :) :jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack

Yes, you are right, SMC and some 690/701 riders keep the original airbox, also for protection and better water guard, the sponge one is too exposed to the envirorment and requires twice as much cleaning, with the sole benefit of the oil and solvent industry :)

cheers
    :D:D:D:D:D
    :D:D:D
  13. dragos

Oddometer:
    The dome shaped filter works very well with the particular airbox of the 690. The duct concentrates most of the intake flow at the front so having the filter at a bit of distance helps spreading the intake flow over the area of the filter.
    More surface helps with the filtration, too.

Waiting with interest for yours.
  14. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    that is correct, this is why most of riders implement the upper grilled dome rather the the funnel one.

more surface could help with filtration IF the filtration was the prime scope of the design, but than you would not choose a sock or sponge technology and for sure not a mosquito net one.

from DNA product description "DNA Increased Air Flow: +50.98% DNA Filtering Efficiency: 98-99%..."

now, when we talk of efficiency, we reason ABOVE 99%, ranging from 0.2 to .06.... yes.... the 0. is WHAT you want to achieve, not the 99.... 99 is basically like when you design a bike and you say, hey, it's a bike, let's put two wheels

it's what you do BEYOND the 99 that counts in air filtration, and this is why we do not trust ISO derived phamplest and built our own sand blatsing machine.... only reality will show, not documents :)

this applies to all brands, I simply used the first marketing "speach" I come around in the net, if you prefere we can use the Sprintfilter p37, where for big enduro bikes it's oprimal for MUD but NOT TO BE USED IN CASE OF DUST AND SAND

:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack

I must admit that your insistence has made a breach in my line of thoughts, for a very specific reason :

filtration when fine dust and sand is involced should ALWAYS work using gravity in it's favour.

Look at the wonder airbox of the 990, yes, the air flow is not enough to allow the engine to express it's full power, but protection is IMPRESSIVE
    the filter warks using gravity to, helped by the vibration of the engine and the jumps of the bike, get rid of the big particles that will deposit at the bottom of the filter.

yes, obviously the presence of the backwards rotated snorkel and being the snorkel between the tank helps a lot dust not to reach the filter, but the concept is there

you will always find in really good designed 4x4 vertical or up-side down air filters, allowing the filter to be protected by direct hits and dust particles with big momentum derived by direct pressure, like on the 1190 generation where a ADV bike has a SBK airbox intake..... talking about crazy and dangerouse design, resulting in heavy penetration of dust.....

what you have with circular design is that you loose the lamination effect thus loosing air "controlled" speed and flow.

circular filters will always be less effective in providing power than flat ones, and this is simple fluid dynamics, it's math, not marketing.

let me run some numbers, and if you can, send some info to your friends and/or groups to collect some numbers and let's do it

cheers
    dragos likes this.
  15. dragos

Oddometer:
    Here's a pic of a TwinAir filter after some offroad / dusty riding.
    As you can see, the front of the filter, directly under the opening of the air duct, seems to take all the dirt (and most of the air, I assume).
    20191012_143719.jpg
  16. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    how is the "clean" part of the filter and the airbox??

but this is a street application, looks most like soot and pollution rather than sand and fine dust, right?
  17. dragos

Oddometer:
    All is good. The filter is clean, so does the airbox.
    It's dust.
  18. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    but is it a SMC or Enduro?
  19. dragos

Oddometer:
    Enduro R MY16, after offroading.
    guglemonster likes this.
  20. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    We were asked to develop a small series of Power Air Filters for race uses

so here we gooooooooooooooooo

ULTRA4 Sport Production Air Filter

this is an ULTRA limited series dedicated to the more "tuned-up" engines, born for Sport Race and Sport Street use ONLY.

The engine gains more torque and more power throughout THE WHOLE RANGE.

MAXIMUM GUGLATECH PROTECTION FOR THE SPORT USE.

Available for KTM 1050/1090/1190/1290 ADV, 1290 SDR-R/GT, KTM 790 Duke/Adventure, BMW R1200 Oil Head until 2012, BMW LC all models, BMW F800/700/650 TWIN, Honda VFR 1200 F e X.

This filter MUST be oiled, CANNOT be used on Sand and Desert races or for Dusty off-road.

For this offer, same prices as the equivalent ULTRA4 Rally Raid twin filter/model.

orders and info per email at info@guglatech.com

PROTECT YOUR POWER WITH GUGLATECH