Guns to Inuvik?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by 4corners14, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Beezer

Beezer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anchorage, formerly Spenard (hub of the universe)
    I quoted what is written.
  2. Beezer

Oddometer:
    read all, as written. do not add or subtract words. the Federalist papers are not law.
  3. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    You also gave your opinion that it sounds like it was National guard. Nowhere in the 2a is mention of nation
    Your last 8 words were "which sounds to me like the National Guard". That sir, is an opinion. Your opinion is wrong as proven through the Heller decision. You may have quoted what was written, but you clearly also wrote an opinion as I stated and you've now denied at least twice.

the Federalist papers are not law.

Nor did I allude to their being law. However, the federalist papers were used at least in part in the Heller decision by the SCOTUS.
  4. AKTREADs

AKTREADs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AZQKR,
    FYI-
    An SBS (short Bbl'd shotgun)
    An SBR (short Bbl'd Rifle)
    An AOW (Any Other Weapon)
    A Pistol gripped shotgun (18" Bbl minimum)
    A Pistol (maximum length 26")

The 5 items listed above a 5 entirely different weapons as the SBS/SBR/AOW requires a US Federal TAX stamp.

Apply your Patriotic Duties & Concentrate on the thousands of illegal FUCKING Mexicans crossing your border on a daily basis!
    Bigbob1 likes this.
  5. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have an sbr and an AOW along with the paperwork/tax stamp to go with them. Along with 3 cans and the tax stamps for those as well. Not sure what point you're trying to make. I don't need an education in sbr's; sbs's; aow's; nor what defines a pistol grip shotgun nor a pistol. I held an ffl for years and had a brick and mortar retail shop. Still currently work for another ffl retail shop a few days a week.

Interesting you'd think one's patriot duty is to concentrate on illegal mex's crossing the border. Those duties fall to several federal agencies along with state and local leo's, not citizens. You're pretty FUCKING far from the problem to have it affecting you there to begin with. 3700 and change miles from Phx to be exact. :scratch
  6. Beezer

Oddometer:
    what I am implying is that the Heller decision is wrong. it is not based on the constitution. simply read the second, as written... do not add or subtract words. the 2nd is about the militia, not guns.

as for Article I, Section 8 sounding like the National Guard.... that was merely an observation. what does it sound like to you?

what caliber did Jesus use? (he he.... I already know)
  7. USBYGS

USBYGS Riding the World

Oddometer:
    There is a firearm that shoots a shotgun round, has a 14" barrel and a dovetail pistol grip, that requires no extra paperwork. The mossberg shockwave is one and I think remington makes one. It is not considered a shotgun or a pistol. Just classified a firearm.
  8. USBYGS

USBYGS Riding the World

Oddometer:
    We have had some interesting conversations here in the UK on guns. Most of these talks occurred in local pubs and usually with locals over the age of 60. One commented that the cops don't even carry. And it is so rare to see one that when he did the other day he went up to him and asked him for an autograph...

He is also the same man, frequenting this wet-bar since the 60's, who had a great motorcycle story - basically had to get the bike home after drinking too much (late 60's) tried pushing it, until a hill, hopped on and next thing he knew he was on his back in a thorny patch starring up at the starry night in wonder. With a straight face he is telling us this over his whisky and water, telling us his arm was all swollen up from the patch he fell in and when his family and friends asked about the incident he explained that he got into a speed wobble! All the old guys, who all rode at one point, where laughing in their pints while the story teller just kept the straight face and quietly went back to his drink.

Not only are guns regulated here strictly but so are knives. What we consider a simple pocket knife with open-assist is quite illegal...

Beezer - looking forward to some outdoor adventure when we get back!
    marbee40 likes this.
  9. Non compos mentis

Non compos mentis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Please tell the best place to get this you've found so far. I'm willing to even listen to some Quebecois for a good enough meal.
  10. Non compos mentis

Non compos mentis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had to do a double take, Rajah means something a bit different down under. The weed however is the same here and has been legal since the seventies.
  11. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    And you're entitled to that opinion, however, the majority on the SCOTUS disagrees with you, and their learned opinion is based on far more research and understanding of the intent of the founders and the Constitution than yourself, or myself. I knew what you were implying, many anti 2a people imply the very same things, they are also wrong according to the SCOTUS decision in Heller, which BTW, is law.

USBYGS:

On the 4473 federal form, question 16 is answered as "other" and question 27 it's to be listed as "pistol grip firearm". Yes, I know about the shockwave, as I mentioned I work presently for an ffl and had my own ffl brick and mortar for years. As an ffl we have to work closely with the authorizing authorities weekly for us and our customers to remain within compliance. So technically, it's not listed as a "firearm" anywhere on the 4473. "Other" and "pistol grip firearm" are the two correct classifications on the 4473.
  12. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Give it a rest.....there are other threads for this
    Tom S likes this.
  13. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    It can take a rest when people stop posting incorrect and false information through uneducated opinions stated as fact. It's incumbent to state facts so members aren't misled by misstatements and untruths regarding constitutional law.

There are uneducated opinions and educated opinions that are backed by facts and the law/s.
  14. Beezer

Oddometer:
    starting with.... you
    Dogslobber and Tom S like this.
  15. lentil

lentil King of the Dad Joke and Senior Status Legume Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Hi :wave

I'm your friendly moderator :evil

Um maybe we are heading a little to far down the JM or CSM path with this thread.

Please get it back on track or ill move it onto the appropriate place - thanks in advance

Leith
    'Bob', Don Flamenco, marbee40 and 7 others like this.
  16. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    Thank you.

Now, can we find out if any of the folks who did bring firearms with them had any issues at the border?
    4951tomm likes this.
  17. 4951tomm

4951tomm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    akgsa, Beezer and AZQKR like this.
  18. 4951tomm

4951tomm Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. cobaltt

cobaltt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Staple guns are no problem in Canada, with a conceal permit.
    OnOff, dirtdoug and marbee40 like this.
  20. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did somebody say POUTINE??? I heard poutine....ummmm. Poutine.
    simestd likes this.