Guts Racing seat KTM Adventure

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Rad, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Flanny I called up Guts Racing right here in Calif. I ordered there medium firmness seat foam and their racing seat cover. Took about two hours go'n very slow to strip off the old cover and foam, then glue on the new foam and then install the cover. The cover is the most awesome nonslip cover they call the Gripper.

Very comfy
    Thanks for the tip Flanny:thumb

Attached Files:

2. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    cool

Attached Files:

3. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    last one

Attached Files:

4. Flanny

Flanny Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
    Rad...Very well..Ahem..RAD!!!:evil

Looks almost as good as mine... :): :1drink

Good Stuff!
  5. Tim

Tim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Rad,

That seat sure looks nice. How much did the foam and cover cost you?
  6. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    how does it feel? Nice and soft? :(:
  7. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    The mediium weight foam was $54.90 and the competition cover ( their most expensive) was $65.90

The cover has a great feel. The foam is soft but not to soft. I can't compare it to stock cause mine came with a Corbin seat. I did not like the Corbin cause it was 2" taller than stock and way to soft. I even cut it down and still did not like it.
  8. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    WOW!

That sure beats $455.
  9. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    Do you have the Guts Racing phone number?:ear
  10. Bo_9

Bo_9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just called Guts and they said they do not make seat/foam for 640's. I really liked their seat onmy DRZ, guess I'll have to call Renazco...
  11. vulture

vulture Scavenger

Oddometer:
  12. programradio

programradio Master of None

Oddometer:
    I can confirm that Guts does sell foam for our seats, at least 03 on for sure:
    http://www.gutsracing.com/pages/ktm732.html

First, I really like the replacement cover I got. I don't think it is at all necessary when you buy the new foam as the foam seems to be shaped the same as the stock. But it does grip much better than stock and I'm glad I purchased it.

I've actually tried both the Medium and the Soft foam. I felt that the medium was almost the same as the stock foam and kicked myself every time i was on the slab for more than 2 hours. So i went ahead and bought the soft the next year. Here's my experience, i could ride longer without going numb with the medium, but once the pain set in, it was a lasting pain that would be there the next day. The soft makes my but go numb within an hour or so of slab, but it isn't the pain of the harder seat. Getting off and walking around for 15 min gets the blood moving and the nerves back in working order and the next day there's no pain, just a repeat of the numb cycle. I'm sticking with the soft through this season and see where i'm at after that.

The biggest issue I think is that the Guts form seems to be identical to the stock form with the steep slope toward the tank. It would be awesome if they made a "tall" form that flattened this slope, but I expect doing so would cause footing problems for most people on such a tall bike. It does look like they make tall/flat forms for all of the dirt bikes, just not this one. I'm sure if i called and placed a custom order they'd put it together, but i didn't make the effort. also, they were very quick with the shipping.

that's my 2 cents. overall, i'm really happy with the setup i've got. it doesn't get in the way on the offroad always standing days and it is manageable for the 300+ mile slogs.