Gypsy by heart

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Elenore, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Verena was eager to ride on. I already had 2 ½ weeks of vacation behind me, and our rhythms were very much different.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    That night we found a camping place in the town Playa de Puzol. Never ever do you want to spend time at this camping place! It was dirty, expensive and crowded.<o:p></o:p>
    The worst place on the whole trip!!!<o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

2. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately it was already getting dark. So we had to stay at that place.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Next morning we left without breakfast, we decided that it was better to go on, and stop at a little café somewhere on the road.<o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

3. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don’t you just love that? Being able to stop, without time pressure, or what so ever.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Having experienced that dirty camp ground, we started to look for a place to spend the time in early afternoon.<o:p></o:p>
  4. bumblebee1

bumblebee1 All bikes are dirt bikes

Oddometer:
    You seem to travel pretty light. So far it's been a bikini or a bath towel. :lol3

Having lots of time to travel and going at a leisurely paste is the way to do it.
    I am envious and am loving this report.:thumb

My time will come too.
  5. Bogdan-roquest

Bogdan-roquest n00b

Oddometer:
    I knew right away that I wanted to do a big tour with my bike. My first big tour. Since I was alone I didn’t want to travel to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rumania</st1:place></st1:country-region> or Kasachstan.
    <o:p></o:p>
    So I decided for the “Autoreisezug” - the car train.<o:p></o:p>[/QUOTE]

:huh you can go to Romania without worries, there are many german, english and french speakers. There are a lot girl bikers in Romania and you can make friends there. Look at the english section on motor-bikers forum in RO www.motociclism,ro

Many nice and relaxing places to visit in Romania! :freaky
  6. lemovice

lemovice Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. rockydog

rockydog just a guy

Oddometer:
    hey julia, this year i'm in the bay area, lots of towns have a small festival with food, beer, music, plus the local german restaurants shine. nothing to big or crazy, but lotsa fun. My childhood was german music and food sunday mornings thanks to my father, i hated the music, very uncool. but now i dig out his old records around this time of year...

The german girls said they were asked all the time if they were from Kansas, us sophisticated americans. they shipped their bikes to Miami, on a ship, very cheaply, if you get the urge to visit.

but back to you, thanks for your pics and story, great stuff,

stephen
  8. izzyblue

izzyblue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Julia....

What do they say," you can take the girl out of Germany, but you can't take the german out of the girl.":D

My family live in Olpe, Sauerland.... a small town in-between Frankfurt and Koln... So lots of nice memories! Yes nice to speak German but my vocabulary SUCKS!!!!

Be safe and enjoy!

Prost!

~Nancy
  9. Schelbi

Schelbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Julia,

nice report and reat bike.:clap

I saw the link to this topic in Verena's facebook page.
    Nice to see you here!

Btw: since yesterday I'm a RD04 owner, too
  10. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Schelbi,

yeah Verena had a good idea, putting this link on facebook!
    :)

CU,
    Julia
  11. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Verena found some German bikers with no luggage and combined, that they probably knew the area and could give a hint for a good place to stay.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    So we went after them and I took off my helmet and asked them where to stay.<o:p></o:p>
    They immediately offered that we could stay one night at their place, a Finka, a little bit outside in the mountains.<o:p></o:p>
    Since they were really friendly we accepted. When Verena took off her helmet, they realized, that we were two girls, they added that we even could stay some more nights ;-)<o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

• 23a.jpg
      23a.jpg
      File size:
      68.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After a wonderful night at the Finka, with bbq beer and whiskey they fixed breakfast

Attached Files:

• 24a.jpg
      24a.jpg
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After a good nights rest (compared to the fiasko from that camping ground in Puscol...)....

Attached Files:

14. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ....and the nice breakfast with severall information about the area....

Attached Files:

15. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ...we took of to experience more of spain...

Attached Files:

16. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Verena and I took off at around 10 am and we climbed Coll de rates. Shortly before the highest point we stopped at a parking place, ‘cause we wanted to take some pictures.

Attached Files:

• 25a.jpg
      25a.jpg
      File size:
      73.9 KB
      Views:
  17. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shortly after two red Ducatis arrived - two guys from Switzerland. They even knew a dirt track right up to the top of Coll des rates. That was a single track, with lots of serpentines. Tricky to do with those two packed Africa Twins. But the view from the top was priceless!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

18. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :huh you can go to Romania without worries, there are many german, english and french speakers. There are a lot girl bikers in Romania and you can make friends there. Look at the english section on motor-bikers forum in RO www.motociclism,ro

Many nice and relaxing places to visit in Romania! :freaky[/QUOTE]

Hi Bogdan,
    I'm sure I can. I have this thing, that I at least can speak the basic vocabulary. For one, to get along; last but not least because out of respect for the countries I go through. But I'm sure I'll visit Romania soon! I want to see the Karparten, Transilvanien, Siebenbürgen and many more!
    :)
  19. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks for the Info lemovice - you'll be especially interested in my report, when I tell the part, where Verena an I met two guys from La Rochelle ... :D

But that'll be further on! :)
  20. Elenore

Elenore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nancy,

I just came back from my fathers 70. Birthday. He lives in Siegen - right next to Olpe. I know that area very good, since I grew up there!
    Some coincidences give me shivers!!!