1. eNewsletter Sign Up

H4 LED by Evitek F2 has achived the same focus as H4 halogen bulb - new 2018

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

A decently priced H4 "led" which comes in pretty close to a stock halogen bulb, that's what the F2 is.
    (the only thing nagging me is that the manufacturer didn't get the rotation correct, but as the lamp can twist in its mount it's no big deal - would be nice if it could default to the correct amount of degrees though)

Not sure where you are going with the spruiking accusation, but spiderman has posted quite a bit of nice info regarding led bulbs, modding the cyclops 3800 for a road worthy beam pattern comes to mind.

The philips led is probably great, but at that price I doubt anyone here would give it a try.

Regarding tubes and fitment, the F2 is about 1.4" rearward of the mounting plate and might fit, on my bike it's about the length of the h4 connector + regular bulb.

As for the whipping, feel free to stand in the corner with that peter guy :lol3 :beer
    16VGTIDave likes this.
  2. arbalest

arbalest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have not read all 10 pages of this thread. Most of the technical electronical stuff makes my head hurt. What I would like to see is a comparison of the beam patterns. Ultimately, the only thing I care about (other than price and actual, not equivalent wattage), is that there is adequate light for night driving, high and low beam, and a nice light pattern with a sharp high beam cutoff so I don't get flashed at if I forget to dip the beam. Am I asking too much? I would think that companies that would like to replace our beloved H4's would publish beam patterns.
  3. zap2504

zap2504 Dave E.

Oddometer:
    Page 3 the beam photos start. Probably more elsewhere but I found these in about 15 seconds.
  4. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    Beam pattern is a combination of light source and reflector. What bike do you have?

On my 690 (with the big E reflector) this F2 performs very close to a standard H4 bulb when it comes to cutoff and beam pattern - it just throws a bit more light on the ground at a lower wattage, and there's no filament that will shake to pieces :-)
    The shields of the low beam leds make sure there's a nice cutoff, so no annoyance for oncoming traffic at night.
  5. kstoo

kstoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    http://stores.advmonster.com/native-h4/
    I used this on my DR650; granted it is not in the stock headlight shell but it will fit in that too.
  6. Genasea

Genasea Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A huge thank you to Spiderman302 for getting this all figured out and then SHARING his knowledge with the rest of us - I truly appreciate it. This will help us all be safer on and off the road. I am changing to these bulbs on all my bikes - street and enduro.
    Uke, slime and 16VGTIDave like this.
  7. cbx4evr

cbx4evr Still on a KLR

Oddometer:
    I haven’t read all ten pages. My question is has anyone installed one of these lights in a Gen 1, KLR 650??
  8. arbalest

arbalest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anders, R90/6
    Uke likes this.
  9. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Nice bike :thumb
    Not sure whether the F2 will agree with the round reflector as it has the leds mounted on the sides and thus doesn't send as much light up/downwards as a regular bulb, might end up a bit wonky.
  10. grogger

grogger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone installed an F2 in an 14-16 EXC headlight ? If so, how is the beam pattern ?
  11. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

To answer wiz.au's question. I started looking for LED bulbs four years ago. I published my "modification" thread" 3.5 years ago. Evitek beat phillips to market with the G6 led bulb. Phillips came out with their first version (which had some issues) a few months later. The phillips bulb that you are looking at is an improvement over their first version. Others OEMs also are making improvements. I do not care who you buy from, I just want everyone to know what it takes to make it work so that you can make a better choice. Evitek does make a fanless version the E1 but at the power levels that it is running at it needs lots of airflow as does the phillips bulb. You will have to make a good heat pipe to keep the bulb cool enough to last.
    You can find the evitek fanless version here and compare it to the phillips bulb.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F11TYDZ?tag=viglink20849-20

The phillips heatsink is too far back from the flange and would protrude from your rubber boot.
    the F2 fan is short and ends where the h4 right angle connector would be so it would fit inside your rubber boot.
    you will have to figure out ventilation....

The horizontal emitters of the F2 and the above Phillips work well in round and rectangular reflectors that I have tested.
    Go back to post #9 of this thread. Phillips back to back emitters were 190 mills so they are thinner than the G6 but not as thin as the F2.

So the pattern of the phillips will be slightly thicker than the thinner F2 ---- but you will have to decide which one you like better........
    Uke, OzCRU and 16VGTIDave like this.
  12. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    So where can I buy a single Evitek F2 bulb right now?

Charles.
  13. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Don't know if you can get a single, I got a pair from alibaba, fairly cheap and made sense to have a spare.
    (alibaba seem to be half the price compared to ebay/amazon)
  14. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:

Really? I dont think so Sir. I really hate to add to this thread that IMO was started out of spite and vengeance, after I reluctantly had to request that you to be banned from our vendor thread along with another frequent poster in this thread. You of course know who that is. I had to do the same with our email communication. You became combative and disrespectful.
    The info you state above is 100% false. Cyclops never contacted you, I did reply to numerous emails and Pms in an attempt to playcate you. No doubt you had some good thoughts. But without knowing who you really where, how could I share designs and info that were on the drawing board for future versions of our H4 bulb.
    Cyclops was the first to introduce riders to LED bulbs that actually worked, and continue to make improvements. Particularly beam patterns and focus, Hence the 10.0 bulb that simply blows away all others in every way. This is a huge leap forward and dealt with all the issues you did not like about our first 3 generations.
    After reading this thread a few weeks ago we ordered a set of the chinese Evitek bulbs to compare to, after testing my thoughts were confirmed. It does not compare. Lets not forget that all tech gets better with time, LED bulbs are no different. Why would anyone compare a 3 year old design to a current design, particularly in this arena where things do change so fast.
    So many statements in here are false and blown out of proportion, designed to elevate you to some status you have long desired. it does look like you finally got the audience you always wanted. Congrats, It only took 3 threads on the same subject.
    Had you not mentioned our name, and stated Cyclops asked you for info, I would have never chimed in. I will not be back to counter the critics or add to the discussion, this is my one and only statement on this thread. What a crock.
  15. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    You must be thinking of someone else and you forgot. You called me and was nice enough to ask me permission to duplicate the shield on the 3800 bulb, I told you that you were free to do whatever you want. Our conversation was positive and constructive. I have avoided making any negative comments about your current products. I have been using this forum to educate and state what is necessary to create a better led bulb so that even you and all other OEMs will make better products. This is a win win operation. There will be no perfect bulb rather there will be bulbs for different needs. Your 10.0 bulb creates a different pattern than the F2. Your 10.0 does what you want and the F2 better fits the way I want to see when I ride.
    Your negativity towards me is unwarranted.

I am only here to help my fellow riders. Technical improvements do not just happen, It takes someone to proactively move it in the right direction...

This was originally in the equipment thread and someone moved it to the vendor thread.
    ----------------------
    jackbyo, slime, Uke and 1 other person like this.
  16. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Indeed, this thread shouldn't be in vendors. Guess the mods got swayed by listening to comments from some of the folks here.
  17. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Unfortunately Off Road Ryders post needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt, seeing as it's coming from a vendor trying to protect his turf.
    Uke and 16VGTIDave like this.
  18. Twitch909

Twitch909 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Beam pattern is very good, but fitment requires modification to the black cap that secures the globe in the reflector unfortunately.
    grogger likes this.
  19. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    This was originally in the equipment thread and someone moved it to the vendor thread.
    ----------------------
    What I find a bit funny, is that what I had written was actually meant to be a compliment...

Ok I just re-read the vendor rules and realized that since I was only talking about Evitek that this tread became construed to be a vendor specific thread. This was true since at the beginning of this year (2018) The F2 and the M1 were the only bulbs that had the thinned heatsink which gave them a sharper focus. So this thread should remain here. I will start another thread back in the equipment side to talk about all the new bulbs that are now available from other vendors that have this feature and what riders need to know that will help them find the LED bulb they need.
  20. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’d rather you post it in this thread. I want to know what the best led to get, and not search far and wide.

Charles
    Uke, flexiflyer and Anders- like this.