1. eNewsletter Sign Up

H4 LED by Evitek F2 has achived the same focus as H4 halogen bulb - new 2018

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Mar 6, 2018.

1. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    Looks like someone else has created some measured data on these led bulbs.
    They are measuring at 12 feet (3.66 meters).
    So this might help on picking out a bulb to suit your needs.
    I asked him to also provide glare data in his future postings.

https://www.bulbfacts.com/led-kits/chart/
  2. slime

slime Healing nicely

Oddometer:
    I picked up these too for my R 850 R. Too much rain has postponed the install. My BikeMaster brand lost the low beam and its only about a year old.
  3. Uke

Uke visualist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your R850R has the same 8" Bosch headlight as my R100R (Airhead), IMHO, you won't be disappointed.
    slime likes this.
  4. slime

slime Healing nicely

Oddometer:
    Cool, thanks. I was okay with the bike master unit, but it didn't hold up well. Question...did you place the ballast and such inside the headlight bucket? Not sure if that might be an issue from the heat.
  5. Uke

Oddometer:
    Yes, I put the entire unit including ballast in the Bosch headlight bucket. It's been there 7 - 8 months without any issues. In the USA all motorcycles are required to run with their headlights always on so mine gets plenty of use, including numerous multi-hour rides.
    slime likes this.
  6. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what would be the best bulb that takes up NO more space than a Halogen. I don't have room for a ballast at all, and barely room for any heat sink. My headlight bucket is just crammed full of wires. Looking for better lighting than a 35 watt halogen can provide. Reflector is plastic, so it can't use the reflector as a heat sink either.

Currently thinking ADVMonster native is the only thing with decent output, but I'm willing to consider other options.

Charles.
  7. slime

slime Healing nicely

Oddometer:
    What bike? I have a similar issue with my DRZ e model. I swapped the plastic factory light for the glass S model unit.Because I had to wire brake light switches and such, behind my headlight is a nightmare...but I managed to cram it all together. The ballast I have tie wrapped to the headlight bracket.
    Uke likes this.
  8. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    SSR Buccaneer. So nothing anyone else has experience with.

I actually replaced the plastic reflector with a metal one... and found the original plastic one has a much better beam pattern, so I’d rather go back to it.

Charles.
  9. Uke

Oddometer:
    The headlight bulb and ballast come with a plug that separates the two components in the event the ballast has to be located outside the headlight bucket.

Can you drill a hole in the back of your bucket, or enlarge an existing wire rubber seal, to allow the bulb lead out of the bucket to the ballast and the power to the ballast back into the bucket to connect to the bike's H4 headlight plug?
  10. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    I might be able to mount the ballast outside of the shell. Might. BUT the heat sink and fan combo is too large to fit in the bucket. Also the ADVMonster H4 R3 bulb, with the metal braided heatsink is also too large to fit inside the shell.

The ideal light for the bucket would be to replace the reflector with a Sunpie "Daymaker" clone in 5 3/4, but the heat sink on the back of the sunpie again doesn't fit because of all the wiring crammed in there. It's ridiculously tight.

Charles.
  11. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    Looks like you have tried many bulbs with not much success.
    I think at this point I would look for a deeper headlight bucket so that you could use whatever you want in it.
    even go 7 inches or rectangular. you could fab up new brackets.
    or fab up a metal tube/ring that would extend the light forward and make room for the wires, fan, and ballast.
    Maybe a visit to your local salvage yard...
  12. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Can't go larger diameter, unfortunately. Integrated headlight guard prevents that. I'll try the Native bulb and see how it works.

Charles.
  13. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys!

I think this topic is really interesting.

One question... do you know what is the difference between led bulbs with ballast and without it? Performance?

On the other hand... I would like to test the F2 led bulbs because actually I'm using NOVSIGHT H4 16000LM but I don't like so much the light beam. Do you think that would be differences between NOVSIGHT and F2?

Thanks and sorry for my English... :shog

P.D. A picture of my led bulb (with no ballast)
    bulb.jpg
  14. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    You will see a difference in beam pattern. Your bulb has a square led with a lens. the F2 has a rectangular led with no lens. The F2 led is shaped more like the halogen filament so the light will be more focused down the road. The square led has a broader beam and spreads the light out more. (but the high beam led is in the wrong location, it should be lower, the F2 is in the correct location) You will have to decide which one fits your riding style.
    Mr_Jones likes this.
  15. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for you reply @spiderman302

And... about the ballasts... do you know the differences?
  16. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    The ones without the external regulator, put the regulator on the heatsink and adds about 6 more watts of heat to the bulb heatsink. If there is a fan and lots of air flow, then there should be no difference. The ones with the external regulator, you will have to zip tie them some where.
  17. Mr_Jones

Mr_Jones n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks again!

Have you tried these ones?

[​IMG]
  18. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    That looks beyond gimmick-y. And... just like a poor idea.

Charles.
    flexiflyer likes this.
  19. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    Junk - a useless design. do not waste your time.
  20. jackbyo

jackbyo @sunnysideup_mc

Oddometer:
    Spiderman thank you very much. I'm about to purchase directly from Cindy, for both my bike (Husky FE350) and my truck (Nissan Patrol)

Last question... My bike and the same model KTM both take an HS1 35w/35w bulb, as confirmed by removing my bulb and checking the parts fiche for both bikes. My manual also describes it as a HS1 / Sockel PX43t

From what I've researched, the H4 F2 by evitek should still fit. Do you think there will be any problems with fit or heat?