1. eNewsletter Sign Up

H4 LED by Evitek F2 has achived the same focus as H4 halogen bulb - new 2018

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Mar 6, 2018.

1. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    It is the same bulb base that is used in the ST1300 (PX43t), we just cut off the bottom two tabs off the H4 and drop it in, works just fine.
    as long as the back of the bulb gets some air it will be fine, if it is sealed in a bucket then I can not say, there are others here who have been trying it in sealed buckets and we will have to see how it works out over time. my F2's have about 30k miles on them so far....
  2. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    Those of you who are upgrading to leds and have older bikes or vehicles should look carefully at your head light lens. shine a flashlight across the surface of the lens. if it is plastic and cloudy or pitted. Try using a plastic polish or headlight restore kit. It will take a lot of rubbing but you could clean it up. If it does not clean up then consider getting a replacement headlight assembly. The cloudy lens will create extra glare. I replaced the headlight assembly's on my suburban and I was able to clean up my wife's vans headlights using polish. I use the polish once a month on my bikes windshield...
  3. jackbyo

jackbyo @sunnysideup_mc

Oddometer:
    Thanks spiderman

Looking at these 3 pictures, do you think it will be ok? I can't see how I will get any air on the back of the bulb with that housing. Note, there is no bulb in there currently, and a small hole at the top left of the reflector housing

IMG_9713.JPG IMG_9714.jpg IMG_9715.JPG
  4. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    You’ll have to trim that black rubber part so that the heat sink and fan can stick out into the air. Then it’ll be fine.

Charles.
  5. bpt

bpt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For those in the US who've ordered directly through Evitek, how long did it take to receive them?
    Cindy originally told me about 10 days and I thought that was probably a bit on the positive side. But now it's been about a month and nothing has changed on the tracking info since "prepared for shipment" and "in transit".
    Cindy says sometimes things are slower just after the holidays (Chinese New Year).

What's the usual transit time for the US based folks here?

Thanks
  6. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Stuff I ordered from GearBest and alibaba often takes as long as 6-8 weeks to arrive. And then sometimes it takes 10 days. It’s a crapshoot with customs holding up packages on both sides, long delays before items are picked up, etc.

Charles.
  7. bpt

bpt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, thanks ChopperCharles. Like I said, I thought 10 days seemed too quick but she offered that info without me even asking.
    I figured more along the lines of 4 weeks or so, but just began wondering if there might be a problem since she told me that and also since there's been no update with the tracking.

I'll continue to wait patiently..........

Thanks
  8. jackbyo

jackbyo @sunnysideup_mc

Oddometer:
    My F2 bulbs arrived within 10 days buying direct from Cindy

Unfortunately I don't see how they'll work with the dirt bike headlight setup. The black housing from my previous post is required to lock the bulb in place, but with the heatsink and fan, there isn't any space to make it work... At least not without major modifications

IMG_9979.JPG

In this next photo, you can see the stock H1 bulb which sits directly inside the black housing, before being twisted into place
    IMG_9980.JPG

I'm going to use these bulbs on my 4wd. Will report back
  9. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    You'd have to dremel the back open. That's a strange setup, I've never seen anything like that before. Looks like the only bulb that would work for you in that housing is the ADVMonster Native bulb. I actually have a spare, PM me if you're interested.

Charles.
  10. OzCRU

OzCRU Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi @jackbyo,
    Does the fan unit unscrew from the bulb front section?
    I've seen that on some other LED models which then might allow fitting by drilling a smaller hole in the back of your black bulb holder thing. Then reassembling the two halves of the globe. Just a thought.
    I'm interested to try these down the track So I'm hoping they work out for you.
  11. jackbyo

jackbyo @sunnysideup_mc

Oddometer:
    Thanks Charles. I'll have a think about the dremel option... Would also require cutting the connector wires and resoldering etc, and then would leave the headlight able to receive water ingress. Too hard basket I think! Will PM you about that ADVMonster bulb...

Good thought, but just checked and unfortunately it doesn't separate. The front bulb part actually spins around freely from the fan, with little ball bearing style detents to lock in position. Allows it to be set in any orientation regardless of the housing orientation... Very clever actually
    Perhaps it could be separated by unscrewing the tiny screws holding the fan housing on, taking off the fan, finding more screws etc... But I'm not willing to try! Unfortunately appears it's just too bulky for a tight little dirt bike application like mine
  12. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    The LED heat sink/fan/emitter assembly can easily be separated from the mounting plate. A slight twist to get the ball bearing out of the detent and then pull the fan and mounting plate in opposite directions.

This may allow you to modify the stock mounting cap (what engi-nerd thought this was a good solution???) to fit the LED. Assembly would entail installing the bulb mounting plate in the headlight, then the modified mounting cap, and finally inserting the LED assembly through the cap and into the mounting plate. Connect wiring and have bright light.

Of course, you’d have to measure every which way, look at it sideways, and ponder your options while consuming an adult beverage before proceeding...
    jackbyo likes this.
  13. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    In your first photo the wire is coming off the top which means the bulb is upside down. Rotate the heatsink so the wire is on the bottom and the shield is under the leds. Does the plug unsnap off the back of the holder? It looks like it might be two pieces since there is a edge/slot by your thumb and finger tips.....

oh and looking at a previous photo it looks like you can take the holder apart.
    The back of my leds (fans) are fully exposed and gets wet without any issues...
    The fan is electronically controlled so there are no brushes to go bad.....
  14. bpt

bpt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Delivery Update: Nearly 8 weeks later my bulbs have finally arrived. I guess they were literally on the slow boat from China. That would explain the lack of tracking info, if they've been on a ship most of the time. And they first hit the US in Houston; I wonder if some arrive on the west coast and that's how others are getting them much more quickly?

I was a little concerned that they were just loosely wrapped in the shipping box (instead of a box inside that box) since one end of the box was slightly crushed, but they appear to have survived the journey intact.

Thanks to those who replied and FYI to anybody ordering directly.
  15. spiderman302

Oddometer:
  16. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    What about the E1? Any deals from US sellers? I could use a couple more...

Charles.
  17. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    I have a single E1/H4 available in a couple of weeks.
  18. spiderman302

Oddometer:
  19. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    is there a link to order them directly from China? Through GearBest or something?

charles.
  20. spiderman302

Oddometer: