H4 LED by Evitek F2 has achived the same focus as H4 halogen bulb - new 2018

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Mar 6, 2018.

1. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    This is exactly my experience. Riding with brighter, properly adjusted, LED low beam headlights, I see better and I am less affected by any "bad" oncoming glare.

Fortunately, the reflectors in my bikes work extremely well with the F2, M2, E1 and other newer LEDs, It is good to know that there are other options for those who have bad headlight reflectors...
  2. appliance57

appliance57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tolerable is also different from "so bad your going to die unless you're lucky".
    ChopperCharles likes this.
  3. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    FYI not all of the lights of this style are good. Here is one I just picked up. The high beam is decent but the low isn’t great.

Though it looks good on the gravel, it’s significantly dimmer than the Sunpie.

BCBBC724-2B8C-4AE2-A621-14831293B9F8.jpeg 618FFD77-4C83-4C4C-A193-9D13BB3B1F4D.jpeg

Charles.
  4. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    which one is that Copper Charles?
  5. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    That’s the Denali knockoff for the SCR950. Some unknown brand I bought off of Ali express for $80. It’s about the same as the stock bulb. High beam is better than stock but low beam is similar to stock with an e1 bulb. Maybe slightly better. I prefer the sunpie, which has an excellent low beam and just-okay high beam.

From the front it looks like the sunpie, but the projector lenses obviously aren’t as good, because the beam cutoff is not straight. That said, this cutoff does give more light to the sides of the road at night.

From the back, this has a specially cast heat sink with bosses for attaching the bracket that fits it inside the stock SCR950 headlight bucket. Which is a carbon copy of the Denali bracket and hardware, unfortunately.

I was looking for something that would fit and be affordable ($400+ for a headlight pains my inner KLR-ness). It’s passable but not as good as the sunpie, much less the actual Denali bulb.

I might futz with separating a sunpie and swapping the heat sink - maybe even combining the best of the projector lenses as well. But... it’s also adequate. The stock housing even with the e1 bulb was just below adequate. This is just at adequate.

Charles.
  6. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    I installed the cheaper version of the Hikari H1 ($37 for a pair https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZC16SF) on my R1150GS. Both high beam and low beam fit, using replacement rubber caps/grommets (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q9D52Z).
    [​IMG]
    Alignment of the low beam looks perfect (see picture below).
    [​IMG]
    https://advrider.com/f/attachments/img_20190825_001235-jpg.1855493/

The high beam seems to fill in nicely right in the center above the low beam cut off line (see 3rd & 4th pic, with the bike slightly leaning to the right).

Low beam:
    [​IMG]
    https://advrider.com/f/attachments/img_20190825_000947-jpg.1855494/
    View attachment 1855481

Low&high beam:
    [​IMG]
    https://advrider.com/f/attachments/img_20190825_000954-jpg.1855496/
    View attachment 1855480

The cheaper Hikari has smaller fans than the more expensive one. I was able to leave the original rear covers with wiring in place and stored them under the low beam and next to the high beam. The bulbs do not scrape the lamp holder cutout when inserting, like the Advmonster H1 R3 did.
    Edit: earlier the pics worked, now they don't...adding them one by one.
    IMG_20190825_203725.jpg
    My LED strips have turned brittle, and one of them cracked and died. I replaced both of them.

Adding pics: Hitting 'options...' first does indeed seem to make it work in one step; thanks, Charles!
    Why this is now necessary is of course another question...
  7. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    Trying a new post for each picture... IMG_20190825_001235.jpg
    Sharp low beam cutoff of Hikari H1 on R1150GS.
  8. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    2nd pic, low beam, bike slightly tilted:
    IMG_20190825_000947.jpg
  9. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    3rd pic, high beam on:
    IMG_20190825_000954.jpg

Is there a new limit of one pic per post?
  10. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    Why can't one add pics to an existing post directly? A few years ago this was working. IMG_20190825_103618.jpg

Attached Files:

11. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    "A few years ago ..." is an eternity in computerdom
  12. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    And? We should expect things to get worse and stop working, or what are you trying to say?
  13. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    I just edited a post in another thread and was able to add images. You have to click "Options".

Charles.
  14. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    So there is this new blade LED bulb (B6) that is a little different than the others that look like it...
    I had made the suggestion to make the leds longer than the halogen filament.
    This is because the wire filament is 3D and the leds are 2D.
    The filament emits light off the back end which makes it effectively "optically longer".
    by making the leds longer it spreads the light wider, better lighting up the sides of the road.
    This bulb might work in those headlights that have poor patterns with leds and halogen bulbs.
    This configuration creates a very thin ribbon of light on the horizon. This reduces foreground glare and puts the light where it is needed. It makes a very good low beam and an excellent fog beam pattern.
    This bulb has the solution for the dark spot and provides a wider beam pattern.
    notice that there are six leds on each side on the low beam.

This bulb is only 18 watts (measured) which is half as bright as the F2/M2 bulbs. But is twice as bright as the halogen bulb.
    Because the leds are spread out and being lower power it does not project as far as the F2/M2 bulbs.
    This would be a good "in between" bulb.

In the H4 version the power is the same for High and Low beams. When you switch to Hi beam, instead of turning off the low beam the power is split between the low and high leds. This makes for a less powerful hi beam, but it does keep the light on the sides of the road. I have been using them on my bike for the last three months.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.10.444577b7xKlc8x

not yet on amazon......

Charles this bulb might work in some of those "bad" light buckets......
  15. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Hrm interesting. Though why not use high intensity LEDs with a spread out pattern tho?

Also any chance for an aliexpress link so I can actually order it?

Charles.
  16. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    16VGTIDave likes this.
  17. Gruesome

Gruesome Alter Heizer

Oddometer:
    Deviating from the filament geometry that the reflector is designed for seems like a bad idea.