H4 LED by Evitek F2 has achived the same focus as H4 halogen bulb - new 2018

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Mar 6, 2018.

1. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had to be something off with that particular bulb. Took apart the other one just to check, and the solder pads appear fresh and shiny and new with no damage. So it wasn’t overheating in the housing, the damage was caused by something else.

Charles.
  2. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Just go with Morimoto Elite HID sold by The Retrofit Source. Takes more effort to install but once done you're set for years. The focus and brightness is much better than LED (which I tried in both my bikes using quality brands).
  3. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    @ChopperCharles That black dust you found is caused by vibration wearing aluminum away. You have a vibration problem. I’d suspect that the bulb retaining clip wasn’t holding the bulb securely enough.

Another possibility is that you are encountering a sympathetic harmonic. That can be tougher to determine and resolve. Rubber washers, bushings, etc to isolate parts. Adding weights to change frequencies (like bar end weights do). Changing length of mounting brackets...

Good luck!
  4. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    The spring to hold the bulb in is pretty tight. I did vibrate and break the chinesium metal brackets where they were cold-bent to attach to the buckets. Welded them up and didn’t have problems after that. These were mounted to my crash bars... and the stock headlight is attached with copious amounts of rubber, come to think of it. So yeah, probably vibration killed it.

I’ll probably use the good bulb in a different motorcycle and go with solid state LED driving lights instead. The housings I was using weren’t that great anyways.

Charles.
    16VGTIDave likes this.
  5. BPop

BPop Architect

Oddometer: