H4 LED by Evitek F2 has achived the same focus as H4 halogen bulb - new 2018

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    Trying to figure out whether the F2 model fits the headlight bucket of my fairly cramped bike.
    Been looking for the dimensions of said bulb, but can't seem to find any specs.

Any of you guys with the F2 bulb feel like taking a measurement of the length from the mounting bracket to the rearmost piece of the bulb?
  2. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    The F2 is 1.4 inches.

The halogen bulb is 1.0 inches but with socket attached it is about 1.4 inches.......
  3. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Many thanks. Seems my current led "bulb" is some 4-5mm longer than the F2, so no worries about switching :-)
  4. beemer chuck

beemer chuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. bakercdb

bakercdb Still searching

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried the F2 or the newer M1 in the H7 bulb?

I’ve got a F800GSA with a homemade setup that is surprisingly still working great, despite 35k mikes of rough riding, latest down Africa, where it was really pounded.
    https://advrider.com/index.php?thre...periments-results-so-far-etc-f800gsa.1150220/

However, I’d like better focus on the low beam (F8GS has dual bulb and reflectors).
    The M1 is cheap enough I’ll just test if no one else has.

(OP, thanks for sharing the info)
  6. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    I’ve got H7 F2’s in my ‘11 Versys. I ride a fair bit at night, on country roads with many animal concerns, and have tried many lighting solutions over the years. The F2’s are the best I’ve ever used. Almost exactly the same beam pattern as halogen bulbs, only much brighter with lower power consumption. I have yet to have anyone flash their lights at me. I rarely hear the cooling fan. No failures as of yet.

I’ve also helped install H4 F2’s with exactly the same results. I believe these are currently the best LED bulbs on the market at any price. I have to wonder if next year someone will be able offer better bulbs, because the bar has been raised rather high...
    Tpnewsk likes this.
  7. bakercdb

bakercdb Still searching

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered the M1's and will report back when installed.
    $57.20 for TWO pairs, including shipping to the USA. (cindy@evitekhid.com)

I get flashed a little on my "homemade" installation (https://advrider.com/index.php?thre...periments-results-so-far-etc-f800gsa.1150220/), but most of my travels have been in developing countries, so maybe they are just used to the dim small bike lights.
  8. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

The reason for the flashing is most likely that your headlights dipped beam is blinding oncoming traffic, due to lack of proper cutoff or misaligned light.
  9. bakercdb

bakercdb Still searching

Oddometer:
    Africa, who knows. I got flashed likely 300 times during the Daytime from Cairo to CT. Probably not "blinding oncoming traffic" in the desert sun....
    slime and Alexander B like this.
  10. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If yu don't want to be blinded, don't look up (that's where the sun is). We don't expect to find the sun down on the road.

Most of the third world can't fathom why you'd turn lights on during the daytime. In many parts, it's illegal to burn headlamps in daylight hours. Maybe those 300 souls are just trying to save you from an encounter with the law?

Remember, you're travelling the world to experience its diversity, not to impose your customs upon the world.
    slime likes this.
  11. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    But is it a FACT that having headlights on during the day reduces accidents? If so, please cite some references.

Notice: I'm not saying it is or is not. I'm just asking what you have facts to support versus what you "think".
  12. NWRambler

NWRambler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lots of good info here regarding various stock applications of these bulbs, but I have a weird one. My '04 650 V-Strom has a KC HiLites 8" dune buggy headlight (http://www.kchilites.com/8-buggy-halogen-headlights.html) instead of the stock lights. Long story. It has a very shiny "dome" sort of reflector out in front of the bulb presumably reflecting light back at the main reflector. Might anyone have any idea if these bulbs would work well in such a light?
  13. Grimreaper7

Grimreaper7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The shade in front of the bulb is to help alleviate hot spots in the beam pattern, it will work fine.
    I have the evitek F2 in my Wipac SVX bowls on my car , they have the same thing, light output is great.
  14. appliance57

appliance57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Take a ride on a long desert road on a hot day. Get back to us.
  15. Alexander B

Alexander B Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha ha, if I have facts? Really?
    We have done it in Sweden for 40+ years, and in the last decade even the EU started acting. (Of course, they did not get it quite right, and the EU legislation mandates front lights only, not tail lights.) Here is a link to 124 pages of research and data:
    https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road...projects_sources/ir2_report3_ver_oct_2004.pdf
    You can find more data here:
    https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/sites/roadsafety/files/pdf/projects/drl.pdf
    16VGTIDave and StuartV like this.
  16. Alexander B

Alexander B Long timer

Oddometer:
    More DRL data, from Australia. (Spoiler: 3-7% reduction in fatal accidents.)
    http://trafiksakerhet.folksamblogg.se/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/halvljuslag.pdf

From singapore:
    "
    Two studies from Malaysia and Singapore provide some positive evidence in relation to daytime use of headlights for motorcycles. A national campaign to increase daytime headlight use in Malaysia resulted in an 82% headlight use rate and a reduction in conspicuity-related crashes of 29%. Compulsory headlight use for motorcyclists in Singapore was found to result in a significant reduction in fatal and serious injury crashes. "
    16VGTIDave and StuartV like this.
  17. neppi

neppi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's so much data available around this topic, that I just don't understand why any civilized country wouldn't do this!

I moved from Finland (headlights always) to New Zealand (headlights effing never) and after more than 2 1/2 yrs I still cannot get used to the "blind" vehicles! It's so dumb not to have them on! And so many accidents because of this!

And Yes, I'm keeping mine on!
    Uke and Alexander B like this.
  18. bakercdb

bakercdb Still searching

Oddometer:
    excellent insight and advice. Never let a lack of facts regarding a situation get in the way of an opinion.
  19. NWRambler

NWRambler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. I guess it's time to do a little shopping for the F2.
  20. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    posted a new thread on the E1 bulb with direct links to the oem for the E1, M1 and F2 bulbs. (the F2 is still my favorite but it is nice to have options )