H4 LED by Evitek F2 has achived the same focus as H4 halogen bulb - new 2018

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Warin

Warin Retired

Oddometer:

In Australia .. a pollie made headlights on for motorcycles for all new motorcycles - wired in. After some years of this the results were in .. there was NO change in accident rates between motorcycles with lights on and light off. The law has been changed back.

If the visibility is poor I'll turn my lights on. If the visibility is good .. I'll leave them off. If I see some one has not noticed me and I have time I'll use the hi beam flash button to use my headlight in a on/off sequence - to attract attention, cannot do that if it is already on. My choice. Some want the same choice with regards to helmets. Fine, I chose to use a helmet. Some people chose to ride in thongs.

It should be noted that some people cannot see... they cannot see big red fire trucks with many flashing lights .. they cannot even hear them! they cannot see trains a mile long .. they simply cannot see .. there head is somewhere else. Motorcycle headlights on make no difference to these blind people. They should be avoided.
  2. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I once tried riding in a fluro vest similar to what the cops wear in this state.
    Disaster, without one I mainly had to dodge those who hadn't seen me, with the vest I had to dodge those who were now able to see me and were trying to run me off the road / kill me - it just gave them a better aiming point!
    worwig and StuartV like this.
  3. mysticerror

mysticerror Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dave,
    I'm a fellow in mate here in Canada with a couple of airheads. Can you tell me where a fellow Canuck can buy the lastest F2 comoariable to the Evitek on amazon.ca?

Jacob
  4. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much they last? What is warranty?

Visited provinces:
    [​IMG]
    Visited states:
    [​IMG]
  5. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    I did a search on Amazon for the type of bulb, e.g. H4 and "LED headlight F2". I just searched for H4 and the first result is from a seller "Safego_USA" for $66 CDN and they are the Evitek bulbs repackaged. There are other listings from other sellers for over $100 CDN that are the same bulbs. JDM ASTAR is selling theses bulbs for $250 CDN! The distinctive design of the aluminium heat sink, the holes in the mounting plate, the braided red and black power cables, etc. are a what I look for.
  6. mysticerror

mysticerror Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, found it. Here's the link for fellow Canucks:

https://www.amazon.ca/Safego-Headli...533575876&sr=8-1-spell&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

spiderman302 likes this.
  7. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    I have over 10k miles on a pair of F2 bulbs and they are surviving the triple digit temps that we are having here in the southwest.
    Uke, Anders- and cyclopathic like this.
  8. Splat!

Splat! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just picked up my first DR, a 2011 DR650, and was wondering about these super bright LEDs, like the Evitek F2, being used for a headlight and if it diminishes the visibility of turn signals at night. I guess one would have to upgrade their turn signals after putting in the F2's, no? What would you recommend? Thanks.
  9. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If your headlamp is adjusted properly no direct light will shine above horizontal and there'll be little difference in intensity. (Assuming the light is adjusted below horizontal as it should be). Trouble comes if the new bulb doen't sit in exactly the same place in the headlamp's reflector. Then the cutoff will no longer be crisp and well defined and you'll be blinding others. So they can't see your signals.
  10. Splat!

Splat! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've never swapped out bulbs on any of my bikes. Is there a how-to link for installing these types of LEDs or is it just a matter of keep playing with adjusters until it looks ok? Thanks.
  11. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    The DR650 and the DRZ400 use the same headlight. I have a F2 bulb in my DRZ400 and it works very well with a sharp flat cut off. Just make sure that you adjust the beam pattern flat by slightly twisting the bulb. You will know when it is right. Mine has two phillips screws two adjust the beam height under the bottom edge of the headlight. Adjust the light with someone (your weight) sitting on the bike.
    The turn signals can still be seen with the LED headlight.

I had replaced the florescent light over my desk with LEDs two years ago, They are just as bright as when I had installed them the equivalent of 300,000 miles ago......
    Splat! likes this.
  12. dietDrThunder

dietDrThunder Why so serious, son? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok I'm convinced. I keep seeing references to re-packaged bulbs, etc. Could someone post a reliable way to search for these bulbs or a link to buy them, such that I know that I'm getting the right thing?

Thanks!
    slime likes this.
  13. Brun

Brun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^^ For the best price you can buy direct from Evitek:

http://evitekhid.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-806384579/F2_LED_HEADLIGHT.html

Evitek is an affiliate of Alibaba, the Chinese wholesale distributor. At the website linked above you will note that there are minimum order requirements, usually of 10 units. However, you can order a sample unit (of two bulbs) by hitting the "Contact Supplier" button. This will take you to a new page where you can compose a polite message indicating the product you require and asking if you may buy a sample set. You will then receive a PayPal invoice and a pleasant email message from Cindy at Evitek. When I have done this my package has usually arrived within ten days.
    Uke likes this.
  14. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    slime and Uke like this.
  15. Uke

Uke visualist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is exactly what I have on my BMW R100R. This is the real deal, exactly what those of us chasing rainbows for many years hoping for an ideal LED replacement bulb that was brighter, draws less wattage and most importantly, projects a crisp horizontal cutoff for the low beam and still projects further down the road for the high beam.

Look no further. And for the record, I have no association with the seller or anyone else providing these bulbs, just a (finally) happy owner.

slime likes this.
  16. Ryephile

Ryephile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked up the F2 LED in H4 flavor, and I'm finding something odd. The light output slowly cycles from daylight white to quite blue over a few minute interval, and repeats. Did I get a defective unit?

On the plus side, the optics are very precise in terms of being a drop-in halogen replacement.
  17. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
  18. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
  19. Trixie

Trixie Adventurer in my own mind

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Maybe I'll get a couple more, and throw them in my DR350s
  20. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    So your 18 dollar COB led that you call flawless only has three things against it.
    1. If you look at your DR rectangular head light you will see that the top of the reflector is flat which puts most of the light from the up facing led in a big pool right in front of the bike.
    2 the low beam and high beam emitters are on the same plane so the high beam is just a more focused low beam. (look at the H4 bulb from the side and you will see that there is an off set. this off set is what makes the high beam project above the low beam.)
    3 the large cob makes for a flood light that spreads out the light too much.
    It might be an OK bulb for off road or for low speed around town but at highway speed and long distance seeing the F2 will out preform this bulb by a long shot.... just my 2 cents....
    16VGTIDave and Uke like this.