H4 LED by Evitek F2 has achived the same focus as H4 halogen bulb - new 2018

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by spiderman302, Mar 6, 2018.

1. spiderman302

spiderman302 Recalculating

Oddometer:
    That is the best thing about the side emitting leds of the F2 is that it does a much better job of lighting up the sides of the road, the forward hemisphere of light is not blocked and the leds are facing the sides of the road.....

if your headlight bucket has a built in metal shield in front of the bulb, see if you can remove it... The old Cibie Z beams had that and I removed it, the light worked much better.....
  2. spiderman302

Oddometer:
  3. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just bought something similar! I got some with an oval shaped non-blinding pattern, so hopefully I can use them with the low beam.

Charles.
  4. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    I'd love to see some beam shots! Maybe in a different thread? I've been trying to find lights to use mounted low, to cast shadows and use as DRL's, that won't cause glare in foggy conditions. The lights I found on the "auction" site had a nice wide and flat light pattern, but were unfortunately very dim. 10W/ea when the seller claimed 18W.
  5. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    Uke and 16VGTIDave like this.
  7. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    How are fans holding up on these? I had many LED fail due to fan clogging/failure from riding in moderately dusty conditions.

Visited provinces:
    [​IMG]
    Visited states:
    [​IMG]
  8. 16VGTIDave

Oddometer:
    I've had a pair of F2 H7 bulbs installed since Feb of this year. ~15,000 km of riding, so around 250 hours of operation? Mostly commuting on sealed roads, but some gravel and dirt roads as well, thanks to road construction (on every reasonable route I could take to work!) and a couple trips. Lots of high beam use as I commute through rural areas at night. Lots of rain in the spring and fall, and a monthly bike washing. Ambient temperatures have ranged from lows around -5ºC up to highs of +35ºC, and much higher since the lights are above the exhaust and radiator and get a lot of heated air when ever I come to a stop. The fans on both bulbs sound identical, and just like the day I installed them, based on weekly light checks.
  9. johnkol

johnkol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. spiderman302

Oddometer:
    Each lighting system is different in how it achieves low beam cut off. The H7 bulb and others do not use a shield as part of the bulb. cutoff is created by the shape of the lens, reflector or there maybe a shield as part of the reflector assembly. The evitek F2 H7 is better than others since the emitters are mounted on a thin heat spreader which gets them closer to the focus point, which creates a sharper beam pattern. I have been using the 9005/9006 F2 bulbs in my Suburban and my wifes mini van, as well as other family and friend vehicles. The H4 is in my bikes and Jeep. They work extremely well.....

There is more to the F2 bulb than just the shield......
  11. petertakov

petertakov Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @spiderman302 I think it is quite obvious to almost everyone here that none of your multiple threads are "about what works and does not work". I think it's only fair that you state your affiliation to Evitek or your interest in pushing their products and ... "bashing" everyone else's.

And please don't tell me you are just a satisfied Evitek customer. I have never been referred to as "you the customer" (see the quote above) by a fellow customer. You are right about one thing - yes, we the customers have the right to know ... if we are reading an honest opinion or an advertisement dressed up as one.
  12. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Given up promoting halogen bulbs yet? :imaposer
    I'm sure there's more led light threads for you to assault :lol3

Also suggest a reality check, writing "you the consumer" doesn't necessarily make one a vendor.

[​IMG]
    StuartV likes this.
  13. ctfz1

ctfz1 been there

Oddometer:
  14. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    HID conversions still have better focus and throw than LED conversions ... for those who don't mind the extra install work.
  15. petertakov

Oddometer:
    @Anders- Is it legal in Sweden to replace your halogen bulbs with LED ones? Have ever ridden in front or opposite someone who had put LED bulbs in his reflector headlights? What this guy and probably others like him promote is plain dangerous and rightfully illegal in most parts of the civilised world.
  16. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

This thread is about the evitek F2 - suggest you take your threadshitting to the basement instead.

Also curious on why you haven't visited the cyclops led bulb thread yet, banned from the vendors forum? :lol3
    Uke and StuartV like this.
  17. 16VGTIDave

Oddometer:
    @petertakov, what is your experience with these particular LED bulbs? If any?

Also, what are your credentials, if any, to be criticizing ANYONE? Let alone someone like @spiderman302 who has been contributing to this community for so long. Are you an engineer? Because you sound like a failed lawyer, a washed-up union rep, or a bureaucrat of some sort...
  18. petertakov

Oddometer:
    @Anders- Why the agression, my friend? I didn't know the LEDs are turning into a cult. Do you have answers to the questions I asked?

And no - I haven't been banned from the vendors forum. I don't mind people advertising their products openly. What I do mind is "product placement"dressed up as an honest and unbiased "happy customer" opinion.
  19. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

I’m very happy with the F2 led as well, is saying that product placement? Time for a reality check dude :lol3

As for answering your questions :imaposer
  20. petertakov

Oddometer:
    :-)))) The LED people really are a cult - I don't need to be an engineer to see that. I wasn't even talking to you and you lot started jumping on me from all sides. Jump on my questions instead.