hack for valkyrie

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by longrider999, Mar 17, 2008.

1. longrider999

longrider999 Long timer

Oddometer:
    im thinking of a sidecar for my 97 honda valkyrie.have never driven a hack before.what i would like is one for the winter months in wisconsin.do any of you have a suggestion?
  2. RedMenace

RedMenace Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer:
    The Valk has gobs of power and hauls a hack effortlessly. Look at the larger sidecars. Uncle Blasto had a Champion Legend which looked sharp and worked well. For winter use you might prefer something enclosed like a Hannigan or one of the larger Watsonians. I am sure C Stanley or Dauntless have other choices which would work well.

The Valkyrie with a sidecar is very heavy steering-this is one rig I would recommend you look closely at modifying the front end.
  3. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Any larger sidecar will do very well on the Valkarie as Vernon mentioned. Other options that work well are actually the Ural / Chang type sidecars. These can have ballast added if desired and look good on a cruiser type machine. We are doing a Chang on a V STAR 1100 right now that shoudl end end up being pretty neat. Also have one in line to be mounted on a Kawasaki Drifter. That one will probably be lowered and have a different wheel and fender installeld on it.
    If you like the looks of a Harley sidecar in either glass or metal that is also a good choice. We can do both of these on our own frames.
    I also have a Motovation Formula I (non flip front) that woudl do well for you. It wil be on one of our own frames.
    Lots of good options are around. Main thing is that you need a heavier sidecar or one that has been modified to add weight and handle it.
  4. TouringDave

TouringDave Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer:
    Two of my mates have Valkyries with Aust. made HRD double chairs on them AND they both tow the tear drop campers shown in the second pic.

On a recent weekend when my outfit went bang, Craigs blue Valk hauled the three of us, his chair and camper with little indication we were there. The things are trains! :eek1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Cheap Ryder

Cheap Ryder Ride for enlightenment

Oddometer:
    I have been building trikes on big hondas and one addition I would make is a modified triple tree with less trail from Champion sidecar. Makes it like you have power steering. Just nuts and bolts to install and cost less than a grand.
  6. longrider999

longrider999 Long timer

Oddometer:
    i want to thank everyone for all the excellent advice.
  7. TouringDave

TouringDave Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer:
    Oh, and one last thing, their fuel economy with a chair is disgraceful!