Haida Gwaii

Discussion in 'Canada' started by shearboy2004, Mar 22, 2019.

1. uncle m

uncle m Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For sure! There's some duplication of the routes on the Terrace to Vanderhoof and Burns to Quesnel files, but you'll get the idea. Many of the dirt roads on these routes north of Lillooet get incredibly slippery when it rains, so head for the highway if necessary.

Attached Files:

2. uncle m

uncle m Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    An alternative route from Harrison to Lillooet is to go up the East Harrison side over Kookipi Pass, down the Nahatlatch, then follow the power line road from North Bend to Lytton, and then Texas Ck road from Lytton to Lillooet. I recall there was discussion last summer about the Kookipi and the power line road being washed out in places. Both routes are great scenery and riding on straightforward FSR's, but you should check on a Ministry of Forests district website, here on advrider or on dualsport bc for current road conditions just before you're headed that way.

Attached Files:

BoGaRa and shearboy2004 like this.
  3. shearboy2004

shearboy2004 KIWIINUSA Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mate , loaded onto Delorme Topo and it looks good , bounces along the TCAT for a bit but that's cool .
    uncle m likes this.
  4. JeepDawg

JeepDawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    You have gotten your passport stamped in some interesting places haven't you! :-)
    (think you were commenting in the Antarctica thread also)
    shearboy2004 likes this.
  5. shearboy2004

Oddometer:
    Any of you helpful BC guys get down to NZ I have a house on the wild West Coast of the South Island in a tiny mining town , I like to repay favours when I can .
    shuswap1 and uncle m like this.
  6. filterwrench

filterwrench Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I spent time there years ago, its best visited on a boat. The logging roads will be most all gone back to the forest by now logging was curtailed years ago there will still be some mainlines. The Queen Charlotte Islands are unique and very interesting but you will see way more exploring by boat or kyack.
    If riding a motorcycle is a must Vancouver Island has a lot more to offer at half the cost of travel.
    Argus16 and shearboy2004 like this.
  7. shearboy2004

Oddometer:
    We will be doing Vancouver Island first as we finish up the TCAT , I was thinking ferry on up to Prince Rupert and another across to Queen Charlotte and then some trails back down to Spokane where my car will be parked .
  8. filterwrench

filterwrench Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ferry ride from Port Hardy to Bella Coola or Prince Rupert is very scenic. If you have time to spend in the northern part of Vancouver Island after checking out all the tourist spots in the southern half Pm me with any questions you may have as I know that area well. What bikes are you guys on?
    shearboy2004 likes this.
  9. shearboy2004

Oddometer:
    This year we will both be on Himalayans ! I have ridden my 88 R100GS across most of the TCAT as my Buddy has used a DR650 but last year I took my Himalayan and gave him a ride on it and he had to have one !