Halfrica Twin Does 4 Western States Loop

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by HandCanonShootr, Jul 6, 2020.

1. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Guys, it was fun!

Uggh! Just drove LAs freeways in a cage!
    Get me back to those forest roads!!
    Mike B
  2. JoToPe

JoToPe JoToPe

Oddometer:
    Great ride report. Makes me want to do it but on my AT, although the HT has me intrigued for BDR stuff.
  3. HandCanonShootr

Oddometer:
    The AT could go anywhere that my Halfrica Twin does. In actual side by side use Joel's AT used 20-25% more gas, and was very capable.
    My past S10 was more like a 70/30 street/dirt. The Halfrica just splits the fine adv line (For Me 50/50) with a liftable package, that still can do a 500 mile day following a GS or AT. Then next day, shine on a forest or desert road.

YMMV
    Mike B
    LM15 and JoToPe like this.
  4. HandCanonShootr

Oddometer:
    Looking over my route, I noticed that the 395 out of Oregon took me to Reno. That makes it 5 states!

Mike B
  5. RonSJC

RonSJC Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a kit to reposition the foot pegs, or do aftermarket pegs do the job. I tested the bike when it first came out and the pegs were a bit back and angled compared to most ADV bikes.
    Thanks
    Ron
  6. 250

250 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1
  7. HandCanonShootr

Oddometer:
    (My) Rally Raid pegs are a little lower/fwd. then stock, no great (position) solution. When purchased CB had a lowering/fwd link added between footpegs & frame bracket. But their folding ability when I took a nap was the problem. My personal choice would also be dropped .75-1" and fwd 1". But she does track well in sand & gravel...

Mike B
    veriest1 likes this.
  8. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    adding pics for posterity

early part of the trip at Shady Cove OR
    [​IMG]

following our host Mofrid and OP to the cabin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HandCanonShootr likes this.
  9. NSFW

Oddometer:
    next day we checked out Crater Lake
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

took a detour above hwy 138
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. HandCanonShootr

Oddometer:
  11. HandCanonShootr

Oddometer:
    Just recd a couple depressing emails from the owner of Hansens BMW in Medford. He believes the shop (along with nearby KTM & HD shops) are total losses. Saw a video live today of the area with not a standing building, the Alameda fire
    These great guys sold me a tire, I left as a friend of Craig & Mason. Later gave them an "11" as I reflected on them the evening after the installed my new tire. This shop was Bills referral.

previously I posted;
    "Hansen’s BMW turned to be a very nice small shop, kind of a vignette of what a m/c shop used to be. Only 15 bikes in a small showroom, and 3-4 were vintage BMWs, not every current model was on display. The family 3rd-gen that ran the shop were so friendly, Mason gave me great service, and I felt he was a friend by the time I left. Mason bragged that they have regularly taken “Best Dealer Award” for N.America (Owners vote)" my only 2 pics.... 20200618_152543.jpg 20200618_152536.jpg

Also Bill said peeps trapped at the cabin....

OR was ridden by us, at the right time, I guess. So sorry for those who lost lives, homes, & lively-hoods.

Bill, Chris, & Mason, hang in there...

Mike B
    Some Beach likes this.
  12. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    That really sucks. On top of all the losses, it’s really hard to come by a decent motorcycle shop nowadays, and the small independent ones are almost non existent.
  13. Comrade Arturo

Comrade Arturo Veterinario

Oddometer:
    I grew up in Downey and graduated from Warren High.
    Enjoyed your story and pics :thumb
  14. HandCanonShootr

Oddometer:
    Email recieved from Hansens;
    I wish them the best....

A New Beginning

2021 New Beginning

2020 will forever awaken our memories but not like those of Christmas with “Visons of Sugar-Plums Dancing in your head”. We have all heard the details over and over again of the events that are affecting all our personal & business lives. The devastation of floods, hurricanes, tornado’s etc. and in our case fire, have added so much more to everyone’s plates. Even though we’ll get through our challenges, I’ve been struggling writing this email. Either I haven’t had the time, I’m tired or I haven’t been in the correct frame of mind to compose my words to share what has been going on. So much has happened since the fire, so many plans for the future, too many to share at once. So here is a quick update on Hansen’s Motorcycles re-opening.

We have purchased a lot of new equipment since the fire from, a tire changer & balancer, to motorcycle lifts, diagnostic computers, BMW OEM & personal tools etc. We began servicing BMW’s last September in my dad’s garage. Now Mason, Mark, Dave, Connie and I have set up a second temporary service department at 1284 Stowe Ave, Medford Oregon 97501. We are now scheduling service appointments for our local clientele by phone 541-535-3342 Tuesday through Thursday for the month of February. We are ready for most services, repairs, warranty or recalls, but be patient as we keep finding items we need and have to order. In March we’ll begin to expand our hours as needed and hope we’ll have everything to handle all your BMW needs by the Spring Season.

Until our new building goes up on S. Pacific Hwy Spring of 2022, we won’t have a showroom for motorcycles or accessories. We are selling 2021 BMW’s to our clients now, but they are all pre-sold and you need to allow time for me to find & get one delivered to Stowe Ave address.

Many of you have been affected by Covid-19, Disasters etc., and our hearts go out to you. A Big Thank You to all of you that have offered your help and condolences, it means a lot us.

Craig, Connie, Dave, Mark and Mason

-Mike B
    Mofrid likes this.
  15. NSFW

Oddometer:
    Mike. Thanks for sharing the info from Hansens. Yes, like many others I am happy to see they're starting to get back on their feet. Here for small businesses and anyway I can support, I will.
    Mofrid and HandCanonShootr like this.