Hampster Ride - Dirt route the length of New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by FreeTheBeast, May 27, 2014.

1. WPG

WPG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any truth to the claims that consuming quantities of soy causes increased estrogen levels and man boobs?
  2. Schmokel

Schmokel Key to Happiness: Low Expectations

Oddometer:
    Any guy that I've ever seen living off soy products definitely looks more estrogeny. :D
    OldBarKeep likes this.
  3. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not really an alpha male so if someone wanted to call me soy-boy, I wouldn't fight them. I've certainly been called worse names. My man boobs are from a massive amount of beer I drink every day and I've seen no effects from one meal a day of Soylent. I think it's when you make it your entire diet that it has an adverse effect. I did that for 3 months in 2014 and didn't lose weight or feel like my testosterone was down.
  4. Schmokel

Schmokel Key to Happiness: Low Expectations

Oddometer:
    Yea, I was just busting balls. :D
    AdamChandler likes this.
  5. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    I'm not offended at all. I recognize the effects soy has on people (male or female) but people do worse things to their body than drink soy products.
  6. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    They DO have really good food there! My kids pediatrician is based in Huggin's and we often have lunch when they have appointments.
  7. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your right, I can't seem to keep the route's in check (in my mind), I suppose that's a good thing, meaning we have a fair amount of them. Once the NE BDR is released I'll really be lost :lol3
    glhracing and FreeTheBeast like this.
  8. glhracing

glhracing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well they all cross each other at one point or another, so you can take comfort in knowing if you are on one, you may end up on one of the others before you know it.

B~
    Piston likes this.
  9. Ebeo1

Ebeo1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know what hospital you go to I payed $.89 per slice of sub par bacon.
  10. bikepsych

bikepsych Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, this thread wandered a bit off the beaten path, which I suppose it was inevitable given the propensity of the forum members. ;-) All adventurous. At any rate, I'll be in NH this summer and would love to take in a portion of it. I noticed some of the route went through Keene, but it doesn't show up in the GPX file. Is there an offroad portion from Keene (more specifically Marlow) to the original route?
    BG
    apexal likes this.
  11. VTphoneman

VTphoneman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    From Marlow I'd work my way toward Washington where you can pick up East Washington road to North rd then Colby rd(class 6 iirc) working your way to Henniker where you can pick up the Hampster and take the Warner rd if you are heading north. From Henniker going north would be considered the more dirt worthy parts if that is what you are looking for.
  12. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    rode a bit of this from Hollis to New Boston today with 2 buddies.. stopped when one of the bikes picked up a bolt in the tire.. Looking forward to riding more in the upcoming season.
    FreeTheBeast likes this.
  13. 1 Wheel Drive

1 Wheel Drive Flatus Antiquous Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hollis to New Boston? Oh, you have a lot more fun ahead of that. You barely left home base! Enjoy
    CavReconSGT likes this.
  14. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah we are looking forward to doing more.. maybe camping along the way on a 2 or 3 day trip.
  15. KuroMausu

KuroMausu n00b

Oddometer:
    My friends and I did the same thing yesterday warming up for the season, but stopped at the lake in Francestown. The trail is in great shape despite the rains we've had. Great mix of twisties and dirt, all rider fulfillment boxes checked. You gentlemen who took the time to work out this route and share it are greatly appreciated.
    FreeTheBeast likes this.
  16. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast BDR ambassador Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. HotPatata

HotPatata n00b

Oddometer:
    Other than those gated roads at the northern end of the state, does anyone have any current info for the more southern/central roads? Things seem to be opening up in those areas, but curious if there are any other known closures...
  18. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    IIRC South of Littleton is all town roads which should all be open. Dirt roads down here in southern NH are mostly dusty as hell right now, with the exception of a handful that don't have good drainage.

The biggest thing to watch out for is freshly grated roads. We did a portion of Hampster a few weeks ago in Greenfield NH which they were in the process of grating and it was sketchy.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  19. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Yep. LOTS of freshly grated roads on Sunday. I enjoy the excitement but it takes a bit more awareness.
  20. HotPatata

HotPatata n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the response guys. Planning a trip in a couple weeks, so hopefully things up north continue warming and drying up.

If there are still a lot of closures by then, we will either find alternate routes around to make it up north, or just explore trails around the route in the southern/central areas.

Really hoping it opens up though, this will be round 3 for me trying to do the whole route...
    AdamChandler likes this.