Hans Muth's R80/GS & R65LS 40th Anniversary Gathering

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by wbihsnp, Nov 15, 2019.

1. wbihsnp

wbihsnp Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    In September 2019 Hans Muth came to visit Todd Trumbore in Harleysville, PA to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the legendary R80/GS and R65LS. It was a remarkable event, starting with Hans cutting the ribbon to officially open the "Bavarian Bike Barn" which houses varies rare, vintage and otherwise special motorcycles.

DSC_8022_sm.jpg

DSC_8028_sm.jpg

Hans then gave a presentation of his R80/GS design concept, unveiling possibly the coolest R80/GS I have seen.

DSC_8097_sm.jpg DSC_8337_sm.jpg
    There were multiple other presentations by various guest speakers. Just a wonderful event. The following day, Hans gave a presentation on the development leading up to the R65LS.

DSC_8396_sm.jpg
    DSC_8546_sm.jpg
    There were autograph sessions, more presentations, an all around fantastic event! Was able to have a short photo shoot with Hans and some of his legendary machines.

DSC_8660_sm.jpg
    Thank you Todd and Laura for again hosting us!

More event photos can be seen here:
    www.ampmphotos.com/r80gs-r65ls

Hans also came to the R100RS 40th Anniversary event, link to photos here:
    https://www.ampmphotos.com/r100rs_40th_anniversary
  2. r60man

r60man Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was lucky enough to meet Todd shortly after moving to PA. He is a stand up guy and puts on great events. I did not attend to leave room for guys that own either a GS or an R65LS.
    Jim K in PA likes this.
  3. Jim K in PA

Jim K in PA Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I met Hans at the 40th R90S event down there. Great time, and amazing what they've done with the "barn" since 2014.