1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Harley-Davidson Pan America Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Ken Hooligan, Jul 30, 2018.

1. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    If you don't like my choices, and voice that, you clearly don't want my business.
    hdxbones likes this.
  2. Mr Pou

Mr Pou Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice that you can easily adjust it with the left hand while riding, unlike the GS where you have to do the left handed cross reach to the knob to adjust the windshield on the fly.
    Contrarian and dceggert like this.
  3. Suruppak

Suruppak Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the windshield video Contrarian. I can say that from what I've seen so far, that seems to be the only part of the bike that seems kinda lame. Maybe they had the engineering intern design it. The adjustment on my Multi is so much better; more range of motion and you can stop it anywhere in the range, and you can adjust it with either hand in a split second. I wish HD would have just stolen the idea. I bet the next model will be changed.
    Contrarian, gobux and KSBUTLER44 like this.
  4. pjensen641

pjensen641 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    DocPFFP, daveinva, dceggert and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr Pou

Oddometer:
    What bike and how hard were you cranked over? I have a pretty good lean angle here on the GS, and there is still decent room under the center stand. The pegs do touch down before the center stand, but that said the edges of my center stand fee have grind marks, mainly from encountering a good bump mid-corner.

upload_2021-5-7_10-51-49.png
    DocPFFP, recondas and Suruppak like this.
  6. tjduexjr

tjduexjr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did a test ride yesterday. I enjoyed it! I can't add anymore to what has already been reported. The local dealer has the demo truck there this weekend. When I went, the only bike that had been taken out yesterday was the Pan America. When I got back from my 10 minute guided tour, there were already two more guys lined up to ride it.

I've been lurking on this thread since it was started. I put a deposit down at my dealer the Saturday after the official launch. I'm #2 in line. Missed being #1 by a couple of hours. They have 4 dealership locations and all are supposed to be getting at least two bikes by the end of May/beginning of June. They must not be a Tier 1 dealer as they don't yet have confirmation of when they are going to get the bikes.

I'm even more excited to get this bike after the short ride yesterday. It met my expectations easily. I've been waiting on this bike for over two years. I'm glad Harley seems to have done this bike right. I'm looking forward to being able to update my avatar at some point.
    DocPFFP, daveinva, Kthursto and 17 others like this.
  7. Jacksonjack41

Jacksonjack41 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dang it, got a call on an orange one yesterday, then a black one today, I’m holding out for the grey !
    DocPFFP likes this.
  8. JasonFL

JasonFL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Local dealer just received two. One demo, the other is sold. I have a demo tomorrow at noon.
    I know the engine is good from all I’ve read, it’s the gearbox I’ll be paying attention to.
    Sort of excited and at 45 years old that doesn’t happen much so I’ll enjoy it.
  9. Jed Clampett

Jed Clampett Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Leaving in a few to pick up my bike. Pics when I get back!
  10. Mr Pou

Oddometer:
    I look forward to the pics and your impressions of the bike!
    KSBUTLER44 likes this.
  11. HuntWhenever

HuntWhenever Motorcicle Commuter

Oddometer:
    Pics or it didn't...oh yea, we'll wait. :D
  12. pjensen641

Oddometer:
    NOT a GS. The GS has plenty of clearance.

After having just ridden one and inspected that detail....the centerstand is not an issue. I think it was just the angle of the pic. The stand is well tucked in....
    DocPFFP, phughes and RIVERD06 like this.
  13. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The bike I demoed only had 50 miles on it and I was pleasantly surprised how smooth the transmission was.
    DocPFFP, ricochet and JasonFL like this.
  14. pjensen641

Oddometer:
    I'll do a better write up later, but if I can sum up my short test ride experience in one sentence...

I belive this is a watershed moment for Harley.

Revolution Max indeed.
  15. Germcati

Germcati Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Surprised there isn't an Owner's Thread already! Called for a friend and dealer mentioned selling two yesterday. Dealer was in Manassas, VA. Can't wait to see more of these on the streets.
  16. 4power

4power Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had a bunch of bikes over the years, was never a Harley guy and planned on running my Concours 14 until it died (yeah I know not an adv bike). I want this bike. Actually I want it in gigantic sport touring super moto-esque trim. In my neck of the woods epic off road adventures are limited but there are multitudes of less than smooth country roads and this bike looks like it would fit that need well.
    DocPFFP, daveinva, Kthursto and 2 others like this.
  17. Bighammer49686

Bighammer49686 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's quite a Pan America pan. :eekers

Yup, just waiting 'till a bunch of people are yanking their cans off and hitting the backroads and trails on straight-piped Harleys. :(:
    DocPFFP likes this.
  18. RIVERD06

RIVERD06 In the woods

Oddometer:
    Yeah cause dirt bikes, crotch rockets and snowmobiles are all so quiet lol
    hdxbones and phughes like this.
  19. HuntWhenever

HuntWhenever Motorcicle Commuter

Oddometer:
    Maybe @Jed Clampett can start one?
    neanderthal likes this.
  20. Bighammer49686

Bighammer49686 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Harley severed ties with the local John Deere dealer, so closest dealership is about an hour and a half away. I hear they are opening up a new location right downtown here soon. An upscale yoga/exercise place went under during covid and they are going to sell clothing and accessories (no bikes from what I understand) here.
    kvango likes this.