Harley Riders Sign In With Pic

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by sfarson, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I read that they have two different options. One that relocates the forward controls with a mix or new & reused parts. The other that is all new parts for mid controls. Silly that mids, forward and boards aren't options on all models.
    silverbandit1 and rc51owner like this.
  2. rc51owner

rc51owner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well with my bike buying history I guess it isn't too surprising that I just traded the 2019 Fatbob in for a 2018 Sport Glide. A rather expensive way to get a bigger tank for the longer distance riding I occasionally do.

Just popped out to a neighbouring town for coffee after picking it up to see what faults it has. Most people seem to find fault with buffeting from the fairing regardless of which screen they have fitted. Me, I was pleasantly surprised how decent the taller Harley screen is for me (6' with a longer torso). Sure there is more wind hitting my chest but not a lot of buffeting. It seemed to be quite comfortable sitting at 120kph.

The other thing I noticed was that the smaller engine is smoother without any appreciable drop in performance. This one has nearly 7K on it vs 4K.

I did also appreciate the more neutral steering due to the larger diameter and smaller width front tyre. And it is comforting having a more the 400km range available (according to the distance travelled and the reported range)

The only real negative so far is that the front brake is not as good but that might partially due to the lever angle being too high for me to get a firm two finger actuation happening.

This is a picture thread so here they are

20211019_123431.jpg
    20211021_145418.jpg
    20211021_150119.jpg
    20211021_153810.jpg

Cheers,

M
    alpina, rauchman, whiskeygut and 20 others like this.
  3. Hasbro

Hasbro n00b

Oddometer:
    I’ve got the H-D Accessory Mid-Controls for my Sport Glide. I test rode an LRS, thought mids would be great for the type of riding I do. I’m 6’ with a 33” inseam. I should have known better. I put them on, try to like them, can’t, forwards go back on, repeat. Mids do feel a bit better in the corners but then cramped as soon as the corner ends. I have a C&C Whiplash seat, it puts me an inch farther back, still not far enough to be comfortable. It’s a great seat btw. I realize riding position is subjective. Maybe mids + low seat height work for some, not for me though. If there is a difference in cornering clearance, it’s small. I scrape pegs in the same corners regardless of which controls I have on. Build quality on the mids is good, equal to the forwards. However, due to the elbow in the design, the shifter linkage flexes a lot more, feels less solid, but doesn’t affect gear changes. Some people feel the brake doesn’t work as well with mids. I haven’t found that, braking feels the same to me.

7B6AC1D4-394D-47A0-8CE2-68F8B2C261ED.jpeg
  4. HuntWhenever

HuntWhenever Motorcicle Commuter

Oddometer:
    Interesting that the mid mounts work with stock exhaust.
  5. Hasbro

Hasbro n00b

Oddometer:
    Part numbers are 50502040 and 50502041. H-D says they fit 2018 and later FLSB, FXFB, FXFBS and FXDRS. I can only imagine that means with stock exhaust. I know they fit on the S&S Super Street, which is what I have.

A8891B5D-0588-4E59-A7D4-229E7EF08F0F.jpeg

Attached Files:

Philthy64 likes this.
  6. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    BTW, if anyone has a Pan Am with a sporadic no-start issue then see your dealer. They just came out with a reflash that fixes it. I was visiting my dealer today and the owner was flashing his personal bike. It was apparently a software:sensor issue and all you had to do was roll the bike a few feet and then it’d start just fine, but still quite annoying.
    ebbanflood and JRowland like this.
  7. thebisch

thebisch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not used to seeing FXLR bars on anything but a FXLR!
    jiml53 likes this.
  8. johnwesley

johnwesley wanta be

Oddometer:
    Getting ready for another facelift on the ole Bob...Street Bob that is. Forgive me I just finished a 007 movie

[​IMG]
    majle, alpina, HuntWhenever and 7 others like this.
  9. Rollin'

Rollin' does it come in black? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Re-did my top box adaptor plate, made it smaller and replaced the gas can mount cam-lock straps with quick release ROK straps. Will be easier and quicker to use the spare gasoline.
    Still hoping to add this bike to the Iron Butt list.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. tallbob

tallbob Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    After 3 rainy, cloudy days the sun came out so I had to get the Heritage out for a ride.
    20211101_162449.jpg
  11. philp38

philp38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just purchased a new Tri Glide. My wife loves the comfort and storage. tri glide ellen.jpg
    alpina, fastring, rauchman and 14 others like this.
  12. Cogswell

Cogswell Road General

Oddometer:
    :yikes

:clap
    JRowland and philp38 like this.
  13. shupe

shupe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can relate, but on a Dyna. The answer for me was a higher seat. Aesthetics suffer, but oh, well.
    I don't really get why H-D eliminated the mid-mounting bosses from the new softail frame, and for mids they have to make those convoluted mounts.
    Dynas had bosses for mids and forwards.
    Hasbro and victor441 like this.
  14. hathers thumper

hathers thumper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What brand foot peg you running ? Just bought a 18 Fatbob w/ aftermarket pegs and brake lever & I hate em !
    Rollin' likes this.
  15. relayer4u

relayer4u Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm of the mind that it's bike or trike or Miata or Wrangler or some other kind of hot rod, whatever it takes to keep your soul ALIVE!
  16. poppy

poppy Slow and Steady

Oddometer:
    FB_IMG_1634546660259.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_6910.jpg
    My sons new to him 18 Heritage

IMG_6976.jpg
    majle, Incorrigible, alpina and 13 others like this.
  17. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Fucking Hooligans!

:D
    majle, alpina, Chuck Pryce and 11 others like this.
  18. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    The pegs, brake lever and pad are all Harley accessories. The pegs are the "80 Grit". The brake lever changes the angle and I like it a lot, I can put a lot more pressure on it without bending my ankle.

[​IMG]

Brake lever angle stock.

[​IMG]

New lever.

[​IMG]
  19. Philthy64

Philthy64 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well they must hurt when you're riding barefoot . . . :ricky

Philthy
  20. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    It will prevent barefoot, sensitive people from stealing the bike.