Harmonizer Vacuum Multi-Tool -- It ain't your Daddy's Twinmax

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Grok, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjkane

mjkane n00b

Oddometer:
    Good news: 9 new harmonizers (oh and one new baby on the way!)
    Bad news: sold out.

About three weeks ago I dived in under the tupperware (way too many screws!) to do my first valve adjustment, spark plug replacement, and throttle balance, thanks to all the great info provided here. Even made a one of those simple manometers to tide me over until the Harmonizer became available. Needless to say that I was thrilled to see the email notice with news from this thread (as I've been riding around LA with the tupperware off, like I said too many screws) anxiously awaiting the arrival of some new Harmonizers only to learn all nine are sold.:becca

As my homemade manometer probably has me in the ballpark, I would love to tweak it so that the engine is spot on. So is there anyone in the Los Angeles area with a Harmonizer that I could borrow. It's not a pretty picture seeing a R1100RT ridding around tupperwareless. :wink:

Also please add me to the waiting list to purchase a Harmonizer from the next production run. Many thanks to the Grok family and to all the members who make this forum to valuable. :bow

Michael
  2. Grok's Family

Grok's Family Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you all for your messages, we were pretty shocked how quickly those 9 went. I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news: We only have the supplies to sell about 30 more harmonizers of this model. Afterwards it will need to be redesigned due to a sensor being discontinued. This may take upwards of a year or more. My dad was aware of this and had already started researching replacement designs but had not finished. Luckily, he had an engineer friend who has come to our attention and knows a lot of my dad's design secrets! This has all been very confusing/exciting for us to figure out.. mostly confusing, but we are slowly sifting through the information.

Good News: We are getting about 20 harmonizers ready to sell here on this forum by Friday. I will put a paypal button in a new reply on this thread. Some time afterwards, we will be putting the remaining 10 up for auction on eBay.

This is the end of a Harmonizer era! :nah
  3. Grok's Family

Grok's Family Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For what its worth, I'll put the button up around 10am on Friday. Sorry I can't take pre-orders or make a list!
  4. Grok's Family

Grok's Family Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is the button where you can buy some of the last 20 Harmonizers. If the button is not there, they are sold out.

US Shipping ONLY - Limit 1 per person- 30 Day Money-back returns

Please note the price has increased, 249.00 + Shipping

Moderator Edit: The PayPal link has been removed, as it indicates item is sold out.
  5. Lowndes

Lowndes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOOHOO!!

I FINALLY GOT ONE!!!!
    autopilotone likes this.
  6. pcnorton

pcnorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Should have the price up. Or update the first post.

Paul
    Grok's Family likes this.
  7. fxray

fxray Long timer

Oddometer:
    $260 each, including shipping. Yeah, I was a little surprised too. The first post showed $139 plus $11 shipping. Supply and demand rules!
    pcnorton likes this.
  8. Smith&Wesson

Smith&Wesson n00b

Oddometer:
    Wait until you see eBay prices
  9. fxray

fxray Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, one can only imagine what the profit takers will post on there. Let's just hope that everyone who bought one is planning to use it for its intended purpose.
  10. AK Bob

AK Bob AKAM

Oddometer:
    A little surprised ain't the right word for it. Bait and switch is.. Why the price wasn't posted up front is a problem for me. I paid the price but am not happy about it.
  11. RJB (holland)

RJB (holland) AIRHEAD

Oddometer:
    I'm very happy with it!!!
    I don't care what it cost.
    I have seen that machine in action.
    I really like it.
    autopilotone likes this.
  12. autopilotone

autopilotone Dedicated

Oddometer:
    I don't feel the price is a problem, if you want one bad enough you will pay whatever you feel you can justify. These machines are brilliant, collectible and designed by a very passionate and talented man who is sadly no longer with us. I've just purchased one and and I feel very fortunate.
  13. AK Bob

AK Bob AKAM

Oddometer:
    Odd that people are chiming in about this one thread or item with their first posts.
    autopilotone and fxray like this.
  14. GoneCoastal

GoneCoastal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just feel fortunate to be able to get one. I probably would have paid that much for a used one if these weren't available.
    autopilotone likes this.
  15. pcnorton

pcnorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just wanted the price so there was no confusion. When I bought I was questioning if it was a error, but didn't want to take the time to question and lose out.

Paul
  16. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Why is it odd, or a problem, @AK Bob? :ear
    URAL CT likes this.
  17. autopilotone

autopilotone Dedicated

Oddometer:
    I am one of the supposid "odd" ones. Let me just say that although I haven't contributed prior to this thread I have visited many times over the past three or four years. In that time I have thoroughly enjoyed reading many posts and have gained a huge amount of knowledge and information about riding and motorcycles. I have also vicariously got to know a number of real characters, such as Grok.

I'm sure there are many more like me, who really appreciate the knowledge and entertainment the members on this forum provide.

If anyone is planning on heading downunder to New Zealand please let me know so I can show you around our beautiful small country and experience some of the best adventure riding to be had anywhere.

Michael
    Davis53 and Andrew like this.
  18. Grok's Family

Grok's Family Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you moderator for removing the link, I ended up getting admitted to the hospital for early contractions but am now home and they are under control, so I have not had access to internet. Pcnorton I appreciate you asking me to post the price, I made that edit as soon as it was requested. I think it was a good idea. I appreciate those who see the value in these remaining units, it wasn't taken lightly to increase the price. I wish I could have asked my dad if he would have approved. So thank you all for your understanding and support!
  19. Lowndes

Lowndes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ali,

THANK YOU for going to the trouble to assemble these and put them up for sale, especially at such a crucial and important time in your life. I'm sure that the money you made from this, even if it was 100% profit for you, is really insignificant compared to the time and trouble you and your family went though to make it happen. I feel very privileged to to have secured one of these units.

From a father of a daughter about your age, believe me, your father would be very, very proud of you. YOU are his legacy more than any invention.

All the best,

Lowndes
    Uke, DJAdv, Peirre O`Bollox and 4 others like this.
  20. AK Bob

AK Bob AKAM

Oddometer:
    Best wishes, Take Care of yourself and that little one when it decides to make its appearance. Nothing is more important than family.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.