Harmonizer Vacuum Multi-Tool -- It ain't your Daddy's Twinmax

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Grok, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcoon

lcoon n00b

Oddometer:
    I am looking for one of these highly recommended tools. will there be any more production, thanks for any information.
  2. autopilotone

autopilotone Dedicated

Oddometer:
    I have just purchased one of these fine instruments and wanted it so badly I frequently monitored this thread, got up at 3:30am (NZ time) to hit the PayPal button as soon as it appeared, paid in New Zealand dollars (terrible exchange rate), set up a US based post forward address (because Ali was shipping only within the US) and paid the extra cost of shipping the unit down to New Zealand. You can imagine how much all of that cost, but I must say I am one very happy Kiwi indeed! I'm sorry for sounding braggadocios to those who missed out, but I did go to some extraordinary lengths to get one.
    DJAdv likes this.
  3. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    Not everybody who is on the internet is all that vocal. Doesn't mean they aren't here.
  4. zipitupuk

zipitupuk n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi - New to the Forum...How do I monitor this link so that I get the new postings regarding the next batch of the Harmonizer tool? and I assume you will ship to the United Kingdom? (UK)
    cheers
  5. fxray

fxray Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can click "edit" on the post you just made, which will reopen the message and allow you to make changes to it. At the bottom of the message (while in edit mode) there will be an "options" button. Click that and you will then see a couple of check-box options. Check the boxes to follow this thread and to be notified by e-mail. Anytime someone posts anything at all to this thread, you will get a message, like I just did due to your post.
  6. Smith&Wesson

Smith&Wesson n00b

Oddometer:
    I think you need to sign up for this thread, I believe that the last of the units will be sold at some future date on eBay - read back the last 2 pages on this thread and you'll get a pretty good idea. I purchased one of the 20 that were posted here about a month ago - they were sold out within a day. I believe there were 10 left and they were going to the eBay auction site, when that will happen I have no idea.
  7. Lowndes

Lowndes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    upload_2016-10-25_6-41-39.png

Looks like this - see above
  8. zipitupuk

zipitupuk n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you Fxray - Smith&Wesson and Lowndes have done no ive found it.
    I Have an FJR1300 - we just did 25 days round eastern Europe on it (two up) and are now looking at the Super Tenere's as it will come better with some /most of their roads. we also fancy exploring some of the more track like roads as well.

Cheers
  9. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 motorrad3DP

Oddometer:
    yeah, you also have settings in your User Name > Preferences that will let you automatically follow a thread you post to and automatically get an email alert. took me forever to figure this out so passing it along...
    fxray likes this.
  10. Peirre O`Bollox

Peirre O`Bollox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There should now be enough units scattered around the UK for there to be one in someone's possession near you. Maybe you could strike a deal to visit someone and use theirs in exchange for beer. As I suspect it's going to be a while before sufficient units are available for you to buy your own.

Peirre
    (in the land of flat caps & whippets)
  11. JohnTz

JohnTz Never stop riding.

Oddometer:
    Guys I have one and I am in Chicago. Have not used it as I sold by airhead BMW right after I got it. If anyone needs to use it in the Chicago area please PM and you can borrow it as I have no use for it at this point.
    maps, statik01 and RiderA2B like this.
  12. pennisol

pennisol DJ

Oddometer:
    any chance these puppies will be available again soon? Location either California or Belgium
  13. hapbob

hapbob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any update to availability ?
  14. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:
    Does anybody actually read the threads anymore?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. geodoc

geodoc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do. I bought 3 back when they were available - 1 for me & 2 for a couple friends. It's a truly superior piece of kit. Hopefully someone will eventually pick up the torch and get them back into production.

16. Dallara

Oddometer:
    That's a funny coincidence... As over the years I have bought three Harmonizers, too. My first a new one from Grok when he first offered them, then a second used when he wasn't sure he was going able to continue to make them, then a third never-used one from a third party when it just happened to come for sale. Like you that's how great a tool I think it is.

I also tried to keep in touch with Grok about his proposed, but difficult to realize, four-cylinder version. While I'm certainly glad I have the three units I do, and would never sell them, I'd gladly give them all up, and more, if Grok were still with us.

Tools like this are often a passion and labor of love for one person, fueled by their dedication and persistence to solve a problem... I think that was the case with Grok and the Harmonizer. Sadly, because of that and his passing, I doubt we'll ever see his design back "in production".

JimVonBaden, ultane and RiderA2B like this.
  17. Osprey!

Osprey! a.k.a. Opie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow, some of you have THREE of the same tool while others have none. Are you afraid they will break - why hoard them?
  18. floridarandy

floridarandy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm a buyer for one! Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. RJB (holland)

RJB (holland) AIRHEAD

Oddometer:
    I managed to buy from the last batch offered here. Family in USA helped me. Shipping and import duties cost me a lot but the Harmonizer is worth it.

[​IMG]

Another tool I have is the VacuumMate. It is used by a lot of professionals and pretty acurate when compared with a Harmonizer on the same bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since Harmonizers aren't for sale at the moment, you could consider this yellow VacuumMate.
  20. Dallara

Oddometer:

Because they don't make 'em any longer, and may never be made again... Pretty simple reasoning as to why to stock up. Given as there was never any sort of spare parts list to be able to source spares (other than those hose nipple connections) and all the remaining parts inventory was assembled into units for sale it only makes sense to hold onto the ones I have.

I've got many a gun like that... A limited number were built, I liked 'em, and bought more than one. Should I sell any of those simply because some folks didn't buy 'em when they were available, but they want one now?

Ditto some knives I have... And some watches... Along with other items I have often termed as "collectible". Should I sell those simply because others out there want them?

And that raises an even more interesting question... When Harmonizers were scarce, even before Grok passed away, some guys who tried to sell their Harmonizers for a premium price, higher than the original retail, got *LAMBASTED* for asking a higher price...

Why?

After all, Harmonizers definitely fall into the "limited production, rare, collectible" category now, right?

Just how much would you pay for one? Maybe if you offer enough for one somebody might sell you one...

That said, mine are not for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.