1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Aprilia got a new mid weight Tuareg 660 ADV coming

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BygDaddee, Sep 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
  2. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Nice to have so many options in this mid capacity Adventure market now.
  3. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Car muffler on the rear?
    Imagine the size of the Akra sticker you could put on that!
    tHEtREV, Wodger63, Chop Chop and 2 others like this.
  4. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    How’s that Yamaho going BD? You know, that new Terrine.
    richo360 and DeLewis like this.
  5. BygDaddee

Oddometer:
    you obviously aren't aware of the true pronunciation :hmmmmm

or see the tag :D
  6. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    I still struggle with Bol d’Or mate. But at least I can spell it. :)
  7. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    :snore
  8. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I couldn’t get past this bit-

“Nel 2021 arriverà la naked”

Turning up starkers is one of my specialties.
  9. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will it be reliable?
    Will it leak oil?
    Will parts be available?
    Will it have italian wiring?
    Yeah/nah.
    BygDaddee likes this.
  10. poppy

poppy Slow and Steady

Oddometer:
    Looks like it will be quiet while your reading your paper and having a coffee on a main st though :thumb.
  11. BygDaddee

Oddometer:
    Man I was worried you were talking 790 till you got to the Italian bit

12. BygDaddee

Oddometer:
    I like the name though

Clear and decisive off-road nature, an engine in common with the sporty RS 660 and, until now, a lot of mystery: finally a spy photo of the Aprilia Tuareg 660

It had remained hidden behind the foliage of the display case, during the 2019 edition of Eicma, but now, finally, it has come out into the open: the new Aprilia Tuareg 660 was caught on the street, in the middle of the testing before the official presentation.

Engine and chassis
    We know little, very little about this Made in Italy enduro, so we can only carefully examine the photo found on the web. The only certainty is the 660 cc twin-cylinder engine that equips the new RS 660. The power will probably be limited compared to that of the sport, while the torque will be directed towards the low revs, to improve delivery in off road. Tuareg 660 will inherit the electronic package that equips the RS 660.

EICMA 2019: all the news from Aprilia
    The Piaggio Group presents itself at Eicma 2019 with important innovations for its brands. In particular, it is especially in the Aprilia house that we find very important models.

The rest is a real enduro bike, as it was on the old and glorious Tuareg of the 80s: 21 "front wheel, 18" rear wheel, long travel fork and rear suspension and shapes that recall the Dakar. The new Aprilia Tuareg 660 undoubtedly has the Yamaha Ténéré 700 in its viewfinder: the nature of the bike, the history, the shapes, the light on the ground, all bring back to the off-road nature that also characterizes Iwata's enduro.

When it will arrive?

Surely the Coronavirus pandemic has upset the plans of the Noale company: if the arrival of the RS 660 was scheduled for spring (in reality it will go to pre-order from October 2020), also Tuareg 660 and Tuono 660, will suffer delays in the testing and, consequently, in the official presentation.

The naked will arrive in 2021, but Aprilia could also consider presenting both at the same time. We await updates. You continue to follow us.
    Farmer Roy likes this.
  13. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a wheelchair once. It had wheels and a frame. In a similar long bow draw, that also recalled the Dakar.
    The light on the ground...... the what?
    Who writes this crap and expects punters to swallow it?
    Still, I eagerly await the naked arriving in 2021. :lol3
    GodSilla and BygDaddee like this.
  14. BygDaddee

Oddometer:
    should I change the thread title yet or wait a bit longer :lol3
    flinders_72 likes this.
  15. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Change it to:

"Aprilia Tuareg 660 owners claiming warranty sign in here".
    I mean, they should probably register before they collect their new bike to speed things up a bit.
    BygDaddee likes this.
  16. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    Translations "para Italiano" can be very entertaining at times... especially if the (original) Italian author is attempting to be eloquent and emotive. I had an association with the Moto Verte/Moto Verde publication many years ago - who published parallel moto magazine titles for the Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese markets.

I recall one time a review (penned by the Italian desk editor) on the - then - newly released Ducati Multistrada, that intially translated to; "It brazenly strokes the ego; to the point of arousal..." :eek7 :rofl

When I sent a memo to the English editor; "Hey Charles... looks like Ducati's marketing tactic has just been let out of the bag... :deal". I got this simple message back; "Coffee on keyboard. :photogThanks :dirtdog"

In recent times however, one might accuse the orange crowd as being guilty of picking up the metaphorical (erection) ball and running with it... :lol3 :jack

In any case, a better translation (not google) of the text might have been; "... The new Aprilia Tuareg 660 undoubtedly has the Yamaha Ténéré 700 in its viewfinder: the nature of the bike, its sense of history, the styling and general appearance (light/shadow on the ground), all bring back to the off-road nature that also characterizes Iwata's enduro."

Here in Scandinavia, we have a similar trinity of moto magazine titles (BIKE) that cater to the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish languages... The Swede, Dane and Norsk translations are a piece of cake (very similar base language)... but from Finnish...??! :loco :scratch That is a bit like translating hieroglyphics via babblefish into Korean. :confused
    Watercat, DeLewis and richo360 like this.
  17. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is this the bit of the thread where I get all shitty because some Orange idiot has trash talked my brand? I’m new at this shit, mainly because there’s what, 3 of us in Aus? That, and I just checked me shed and there’s a bloody orange bike in there. Crap.

I’d defend my Ape as never having electrical gremlins but that’s not true. I’d rant and rave about the muffler being a thing of beauty and not part # 12871 in the Midas catalogue, but actually it’s a horrid lump. I’d tell Richo he’s a Moran and should stick to his own brand but actually I reckon he’s a good bloke. That just leaves Carpenter. What would he know.

I reckon all those Ducati blokes will be along in a tick to defend a brother, I mean all the Jap bike idiots stick together don’t they?
  18. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    Actually, translated into Italian; it's :deal

"Dolce fanculo a tutti..." :wave :evil :rofl
    BygDaddee and Paul124ac like this.
  19. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL @Paul124ac
    Actually, I lust after a certain Italian. I may have one in the shed one day. It'll probably spend most of the time in the shed; mine or the dealers, but true love is like that.
    But it'll be a love hate thing either way.
  20. BygDaddee

Oddometer:
    They only stuck the pipe back there because on the first round it burnt the fuck out of the test riders inside leg and they said fuck that move it down the back

Happy Snapper likes this.