Has Kijiji ruined the Canadian Used Bike Market?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by C-Stain, Mar 13, 2012.

1. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
  2. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    C-Stain's comment sounds OK to me.

I've heard that if the stock items are put back on and the farkles are sold separately the seller gets more money.

IMHO $5000.00 is too much. You can drop it for a sale. If you price it too low to start you can't go up at sale time.

How badly do you need to sell? Need bail? No rush what so ever?

A local dealer told me I'd be doing well getting $4000 if I were to sell my 2009 KLX250S mildly farkled with a stock engine, 6000km.
  3. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    if I got $4000 for my 2008 DRZ400S with lots of extras, I'd be a happy camper. If you can get that for your 250, you should take it (assuming you're trying to sell it).
  4. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    No wants or desires to put it back to stock... i'd be on the hunt from proper nuts and bolts... I did consider parting out the whole bike, but Deadly did this to his and was described as poor idea, a pile of work and tirsome emails that go no where...

I'd love 4k for it but but kijiji has a few newer, cleaner and less farkled ones for 4k already. C-stain seems to have the best price i'd like... Right now I have it for anyone who wants to try it... If the right price comes up..its gone..:freaky

its in great shape but its not clean.... the number plates are scratched pretty good...

p.s. I want the adventure fairing for the ktm690 and a trip to Cancun....LOL
  5. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    So do I but I would have to sell the 690 to pay for it... then I wouldn't have a bike to put it on lol.
  6. Mr. C

Mr. C I need more bike time!!

Oddometer:
    It is a pain to return it to stock, but that is what I did with my 2009. It took some time to sell off all the extra parts (plus the hassle of shipping), but it certainly worked out better for me in the end.

Looking back, I would have let the full package go for a little less than I wanted to avoid the parting out of the farkles. Some people just are not interested in a heavily modified bike (unless they know the bike and understand that the add-ons are indeed improvements). It seems that stock or near-stock bikes sell faster.
  7. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    ok $3500 it is, with almost 2k in farkles... thanks for the input, fellow inmates...:D
  8. thudclang

thudclang Weld Proud

Oddometer:
    Ive found Kijiji to be the best thing for used bikes, to respond to your original statement. I buy and sell a few bikes every year and have found the market very easy to find deals. Its all about which season you buy in.
  9. eviee1973

eviee1973 Adventurer

Oddometer: